Rangers line up Lewis Ferguson in January if Glen Kamara is sold(The Sun)

True Blue Avenger

Can see why Kamara would appeal to a lot of teams tbh. Cultured, intelligent ball player who can keep a midfield ticking along nicely. Gaining a good rep at international level with Finland too.

Anything north of 5 mil and he goes imo. Would be a shame but not irreplaceable - Davis, Jack, Aribo and Arfield should see us through for now.

As for Ferguson? I have a feeling he would come good for us. But guaranteed the sheep would play funny buggers over any transfer and there likely is better quality out there for the money they would want. Let’s see how it plays out.

Brother Crockett

Depends on the offer. If someone comes in with an 8 figure bid, bite their hand off. He can be replaced, but not with Ferguson.
Big Borna shows the value that’s out there.

Wade Wilson

Bit of a story within a complete non story.

I think if an offer comes in for Kamara Of anything over £5/6 million than he's gone.

But there is absolutely no chance we are doing any dealings with that club over any sales of any player.

Fatbearblue

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve already got the likes of Aruba and docherty waiting to step into the first 11. I’m happy with kamara but it’s not the end of the world if he left.

If Ferguson came into the squad to continue his development then it’d be a good acquisition, but given his contract length and the fact he plays for the dons. I’d expect his to cost a few million.

Would we make that much selling kamara and buying Ferguson? Not sure, hopefully if kamara does go we’d get a fair few million.
who the fcuk is Aruba?

OrigTommy

What a depressing downgrade that would be.... Ferguson wouldn't get near our bench never mind starting 11. Way over rated and for what Aberdeen would want for him its no chance of happening. Hes not worth a penny over £1.5 million IMO.
Did Ajax fans bemoan the depressing downgrade when De Jong and De Ligt was sold in the summer?

No, they know it'll be invested in top drawer young players, who in time will also leave for a significant fee.

The day will come when we sell Alfie, and people will whinge unless we spend the full whack on a similar player.

This isn't the reality of how we operate. We need to invest it in potential who may or may not make it. Yes, it's a downgrade, but the hope is that our scouting has evolved to be able to spot some gems and we can then continue the cycle.

OrigTommy

Bit of a story within a complete non story.

I think if an offer comes in for Kamara Of anything over £5/6 million than he's gone.

But there is absolutely no chance we are doing any dealings with that club over any sales of any player.
I'd be delighted to sell Kamara for £6m if it means we keep Alfie to the end of the season. I like Kamara. But he's not Alfie.

krillster

The Scottish Sun shoite. I believe Gerrard has said, that none of the key players will be sold, unless some remarkable offer comes in. In Kamaras case I think it would mean 10-15M, which I find hard to believe that we'll see next january. Even if so, Ferguson certainly won't be a replacement.

Theres a couple of quotes in the story taken from elsewhere out of context, and the rest is quessing.

im_a_good_bluenose

We have a better player out on loan at Fleetwood than Ferguson. And all these wee snide kicks he gets away with at dolly, hed see red for them in a rangers shirt.
It’s a no from me

Rangerstillidie

Official Ticketer
In all honesty I would not be against us taking Ferguson if we could get him at a reasonable price. He’s completely different to any kind of midfielder as currently have. However they’d want at least £5m so can file it under bullshit.

vinnie

If Glen Kamara is sold, ever, we can immediately afford better than Ferguson.

Story smacks of trying to unsettle our player and probably taking aim at the “debt” by suggesting we need to flog players then downgrade based on affordability.

%^*& off

Ruben Sosa

Hopefully Kamara stays but if the interest is from the EPL he won't be going for less than 10m.

I'm also fairly sure the replacement wouldn't be the far inferior and totally different style in Lewis Ferguson.

Vote For Pedro

Kamara is singled out for some praise by Gerrard, which to the papers means he’s getting punted! The media know absolutely nothing of the ongoings at Rangers.

The_Seal

Kamara will not be sold in January. Gerrard will not let him go. Tied down to 2023 such an important player for us chasing the title. All of a sudden we are a major force at the top of Scottish football and our players are all getting sold in January? Media really are trying there best here to de retail a cup and title win.

Burgh-Ger

This is probably all guess work however the gaffer has hinted at him being watched!

Folk saying he won’t be sold etc probably need to understand the business model the club needs find.

Buy for £50k, sell for £5m (GK)
Buy for £1m, sell for £25m (AM)

It’s just the market we need to work in. By the way, it’s just examples of fees above before I get slaughtered for saying they are worth more

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Until a few months ago I wouldn’t have been too bothered if he left as he was pretty average but he seems to have a great level of performance now

HenningBerg

plenty on this fourm knew of Kamara's ability. i don't remember many groans about getting him on a free.
Was just thinking that . Where are all these people who said don’t sign kamara ? As I recall it was unanimous he looked great against us and was a cracking signing for the outlay .

Seems to me some posters making a straw man for ferguson due to who he’s related to , rather than his ability . He’s not fit to lace Kamaras boots and never will be .

Mark this ferguson guff down as codswallop .

Kamara has his price same as all players .

HarryBosch

No idea if the story is true, but if it is i'll trust Steven Gerrards opinion about a young midfielder over that of Willie from Gartcosh's.

Ryan Jack was slated by many as not good enough because he was signed from Aberdeen.

My issue with it is it allows Derek to contiue to have a link with the club.

ca100

If docherty was at Aberdeen I'd be willing to bet he'd look a better player than Ferguson.

BaTmAn

Greig Docherty is better. As is Andy King. I'd also rather give Barjonas a chance.

In short: naw.

HenningBerg

I’m guessing this is all guesswork!
What does “weighing up a bid” or “preparing a bid” actually mean?
It means Ferguson will be “ jetting in “ to Glasgow for “ crunch talks “ in January as Gerrard spends his “ £10 million war chest “ after selling Glen Kamara to man United .

Not .

jomacbe

Too much talk about Kamara without there being something happening.

If he is sold we must leave space for our own youngsters before buying a lad from outside.

bluebeak

If the player wants to go and his agent can get get his wages doubled or trebled and he is moving to a more desirable place for his family to live then the player goes. These are the facts.