Rangers on FM 2020

I found Alfie poor when I played

2-3-1

Something I’m missing?

Most common team selection from season 1 in a 4-1-2-2-1, Alfie got 23 in 48 games

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic

Jack

Aribo Kelly (recalled from Ayr)

Ojo (RW) Kent (LW inverted)

Morelos

Knocked back £35m for Barasic from Liverpool
Knocked back £35m for Tavenier from Man U
Knocked back £35m for Morelos from Bordeaux
All 3 were upset for 2 weeks then were fine again.

Signed an 18-year old from Columbia called German Saurez. A week later the chairman reported that ’the fans regard your signing of GS as an aberration’ :))
First time in 20 odd years of playing i’ve seen this message.
The Ibrox loyal are hard to please :)) thank f@ck we don’t have the FF forum in the game. I’d be crucified.

going to start playing FM properly again, bit of a dilemma who to go. Might go Hamburg, not looking for a rags to riches kind of team. Mid level team with a decent squad.

Signed an 18-year old from Columbia called German Saurez. A week later the chairman reported that ’the fans regard your signing of GS as an aberration’ :))
First time in 20 odd years of playing i’ve seen this message.
The Ibrox loyal are hard to please :)) thank f@ck we don’t have the FF forum in the game. I’d be crucified.

On my run as Genoa manager ( they retired me aged 78 after 30 successful seasons ) my board always seemed to pick one signing to say they had doubts about or they felt was a big mistake . Some of them turned out world beaters:))

Not played for a few years, good to see the realism is still there.

Kamberi our for 4 weeks with coronavirus :eek:

Done it before and asked this question earlier in the thread but I can’t find it again so here I am...

How do I take a screenshot on mac and post it onto this thread? I have a pretty decent achievement I want to share but I just don’t know how to do it.

Done it before and asked this question earlier in the thread but I can’t find it again so here I am...

How do I take a screenshot on mac and post it onto this thread? I have a pretty decent achievement I want to share but I just don’t know how to do it.

Shift, command and 3 for screenshot, not sure about uploading

Starting season 29/30 today. 8 in a row complete for me (I won 6, Murty done the first 2 in 2022 and 2023 while I was learning my trade @ Stirling Albion.)

Stevie G is managing Bournemouth now.

I’m going through a weird thing where the EPL and Bundesliga teams snap up any decent Spanish or South American’s I sign. All my Eastern European players though never get any bids.

Ive signed and sold Billy Gilmour almost every other season. Bought him from Chelsea’s Reserves on a free, sold to Newcastle a season later for £8 million, bought back from Newcastle after he was transfer listed for £3 million. Was then sold to Watford for £7 million and bought back for £2.5. Have sold him again, he’s off to Brighton this time. English teams seem determined to transfer list him!

And here it is... what a journey!

Started the save at the end of the 19/20 season so with my first season's aim being to stop them winning 10IAR I knew I had to make sure I was doing everything I possibly could. I won the league with 100 points then won the Scottish Cup the week after before winning the Europa League against all the odds just 4 days later. I knocked out Sevilla, PAOK, AC Milan and Braga (in that order) enroute to the final where a Jermain Defoe penalty won us the EL in his last ever game for Rangers. Poetic...

shift, cmd & 3 as said above, then upload it to somewhere like imgur

My FM days appear to be over, when I go on it and try play a game my laptop shuts down for some bizarre reason. Never had this issue before.

Impressive @RioGilmour - F.Coman the Romanian? He’s class.

I assume Butland & Andre Gray were loans? I made the CL final in 2024 or something and lost. The Scottish game gets boring rather quickly for me.
Yes sir. Andre Gray was a season-long loan with an option to buy for 7.75m, I agreed a pre-contract deal for Butland in January as he rejected a new deal at Stoke after he became No.2 down south, after signing for me on a bosman I was offered to sign him immediately for just 195k which is unreal. And the rest was history...

Impressive @RioGilmour - F.Coman the Romanian? He’s class.

I assume Butland & Andre Gray were loans? I made the CL final in 2024 or something and lost. The Scottish game gets boring rather quickly for me.
That’s why I very seldom go Rangers, find the league rather boring and find me being to loyal to players I like.

Started a new season and unbeaten so far and into the Europa League groups Borna and Alfie carrying me so far spent my budget on that Cameroon right winger from young boys and he's been ok but reckon he'll start banging them in soon

My FM days appear to be over, when I go on it and try play a game my laptop shuts down for some bizarre reason. Never had this issue before.

That’s unfortunate man.

Ive dipped back into it with Brentford, now 3rd season after finishing 10th it 11th after being championship winners first season.

Also started up a Real Madrid save for a glory hunter type thing :cool:

That’s unfortunate man.

Ive dipped back into it with Brentford, now 3rd season after finishing 10th it 11th after being championship winners first season.

Also started up a Real Madrid save for a glory hunter type thing :cool:
I done an ingame editor to get 06/07 database, started playing up not long after that so not sure If thats the problem. Never tried one as a proper super club, tend go the tier below alas Milan or Valencia etc. Brentford must be decent in terms of squad and value the Algerian lad must be worth a few quid after a couple of seasons.

I done an ingame editor to get 06/07 database, started playing up not long after that so not sure If thats the problem. Never tried one as a proper super club, tend go the tier below alas Milan or Valencia etc. Brentford must be decent in terms of squad and value the Algerian lad must be worth a few quid after a couple of seasons.

The Brentford squad is quality, I’ve changed it a bit since season 1 but not dramatically.

Benhrama? Punted him.

Bought the lad Gouiri from Lyon who is unbelievable, they’ve a lad Forss as well who is a bagsman. Mbuemo & Watkins quality too.

The Brentford squad is quality, I’ve changed it a bit since season 1 but not dramatically.

Benhrama? Punted him.

Bought the lad Gouiri from Lyon who is unbelievable, they’ve a lad Forss as well who is a bagsman. Mbuemo & Watkins quality too.
Going to try sort this, perhaps if find a way to un-install the 06/07 database. Really annoying we I have feck all else to do as I’m finished uni.

Bought this today and tried to set up an online game between me and my mate but we cant find each others servers. I go through steam for mine and he bought his from microsoft, would that be the difference?. surely it's still the same game? Although when i look at both version numbers they slightly differ on the longer number but exact same everywhere else. frustrating the life out me.

Bought this today and tried to set up an online game between me and my mate but we cant find each others servers. I go through steam for mine and he bought his from microsoft, would that be the difference?. surely it's still the same game? Although when i look at both version numbers they slightly differ on the longer number but exact same everywhere else. frustrating the life out me.

It should be fine. It’s the name of the network game the other person needs to find once it’s been created, and the password to be able to join

It should be fine. It’s the name of the network game the other person needs to find once it’s been created, and the password to be able to join
Tried it but nothing. It’s weird cause when he clicks into join a network game he gets a totally different list from what I get. Searching brings up nothing.

started getting into this again and the only domestic game Celtc lost was the league cup final to me. they have won 30 drawn 4 in the league. A wee tad over rated i think

Tried it but nothing. It’s weird cause when he clicks into join a network game he gets a totally different list from what I get. Searching brings up nothing.
We had one lad couldn't find it, others did. Changed the person hosting the game and it worked. Just send the save file to the other guy and let him host, assuming his Internet speed is decent enough upload.

How do you do this?
It was the same way you would make a sub but there was a category for how you intend to set up/attack/tempo and which areas to attack and defend as well as your style of defending.

This was on the bought mobile version but I’m sure if your on the computer it would be A wee bit more in-depth.

I’ve not played since I posted sorry, so I can’t remember exactly. Hope this helps

Set up a game using the 2006/07 database. Just picking up future superstars for next to nothing, it's great :D

I have been saying for years the ratings for their team has been too high and ours too low, their researcher is at it.
Ajer went to inter milan for 22 million, eduoard to chelsea for 27. They spent 50 million on new signings and fell apart. Turns out Ajer and Eduoard made them a good team. I'm 15 points clear after 28 games this season.

The 4th season with the world cup in december is a shambles. I had a bout 3 weeks in a row of playing friday, tuesday thursday in january and ended up out the scottish cup to dundee united on penalties, lost away to hibs, lost away to kilmarnock and lost the league cup final to celtic. 4 games in a row.

Back on track and should win the league. 3 ahead with just the post split games to go. Just got put out the CL quarter finals on penalties against Inter.

started getting into this again and the only domestic game Celtc lost was the league cup final to me. they have won 30 drawn 4 in the league. A wee tad over rated i think

I'm unbeaten in 11 against them Inc a title clincher at the midden and a 6-1 league cup final win

They couldnt even beat me when I lost 5 first teamers to injury days before playing them

Who’s hosting the game? I’ve not played FM since 2007 or something, but I remember my friends and I forgetting to tick “Run as Server” in Preferences. Hope that helps (if you haven’t sorted it yet).

The 4th season with the world cup in december is a shambles. I had a bout 3 weeks in a row of playing friday, tuesday thursday in january and ended up out the scottish cup to dundee united on penalties, lost away to hibs, lost away to kilmarnock and lost the league cup final to celtic. 4 games in a row.

Back on track and should win the league. 3 ahead with just the post split games to go. Just got put out the CL quarter finals on penalties against Inter.

Despised that too. Absolutely ridiculous unless you have a massive squad. Won the treble in my first season and the UEFA cup in 2024. Get the scouting right and you can punt a few players and buy in youngsters that develop into superstars. Currently in 24/25 and just lost to Man U in the semis of the CL (6-2 on aggregate...).

I've only lost to the yahoos a handful of times. The league is only close because i tend to drop a surprising number of points to diddy teams away.

Despised that too. Absolutely ridiculous unless you have a massive squad. Won the treble in my first season and the UEFA cup in 2024. Get the scouting right and you can punt a few players and buy in youngsters that develop into superstars. Currently in 24/25 and just lost to Man U in the semis of the CL (6-2 on aggregate...).

I've only lost to the yahoos a handful of times. The league is only close because i tend to drop a surprising number of points to diddy teams away.

I ended up with a string of injuries as well and couldn't get any signings in. Kept getting work permits decline or wages were astronomical.

By the time I got folk in at the end of the month the games had thinned out and injuries dried up and dont need them!

Who’s hosting the game? I’ve not played FM since 2007 or something, but I remember my friends and I forgetting to tick “Run as Server” in Preferences. Hope that helps (if you haven’t sorted it yet).
I can’t see anywhere on preferences that says run as server. I do remember on previous versions that was the case but not sure Of this one. It’s weird man

I can’t see anywhere on preferences that says run as server. I do remember on previous versions that was the case but not sure Of this one. It’s weird man
Sorry man, I was hoping that would do the trick. Surprised no one else has been able to offer a helping hand here... if I had the game, I’d have a look myself!

Back