Rangers pull out of Hastie move

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's purely down to the agent & not the lad himself, he should tell him to gtf & make it clear he wants to sign with us.

Maybe he's open to other offers though. Let's face it, he's got a whole summer to make his mind up and see who comes in for him if he keeps his form up.

We're trying to get in and do some early business, which is good, but players and agents will often want to hold off and see what else comes up unless the player genuinely has his heart set on a particular move.

Maybe he's open to other offers though. Let's face it, he's got a whole summer to make his mind up and see who comes in for him if he keeps his form up.

We're trying to get in and do some early business, which is good, but players and agents will often want to hold off and see what else comes up unless the player genuinely has his heart set on a particular move.

True. I've not seen him linked with anyone other than Dolly so you'd like to think if he had a bit of ambition about him, he'd want to come here.

All this fuss over a 19 year old lad who's not even played a full season in the Scottish Premiership.

Remember the fuss in here over Lewis Morgan or whatever he's called - the so called Rangers supporter from St. Mirren who the bheggars signed. Where is he now?

The day I lose sleep over a signing from Scotland is the day I pack it all in.

We go out and sign some one better who actually wants to play for Steven Gerrard and Rangers - preferably not one of them either.

Rangers pull out of race to sign Motherwell kid Jake Hastie
Exclusive by Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer
EXCLUSIVE
Jake Hastie

0 comment

RANGERS have pulled out of the running to sign Jake Hastie after becoming frustrated in their pursuit of the Motherwell forward.
The Light Blues made a move to sign the 20-year-old on a pre-contract deal last month and had agreed a switch to bring the highly-rated wide man to Ibrox at the end of the season.
But Herald Sport understands Rangers will now pursue other options this summer after ending their interest in Hastie as the transfer has dragged on in recent weeks.
Boss Steven Gerrard has not given up hope of retaining the services of Ryan Kent, while a move for Greg Stewart, currently on loan at Aberdeeen, is also under consideration.
Hastie has been attracting interest from several English clubs, including Crystal Palace and Brentford, and also has options in America as he considers his next move.
The winger has quickly risen to prominence since returning from a loan spell at Alloa and Motherwell put a new contract on the table in an attempt to keep him at Fir Park.
The Steelmen are resigned to losing one of their brightest young talents but Hastie, who has scored six goals in the second half of the season, is now unlikely to join the Gers despite seeming set for an Ibrox deal.

Don’t shoot the messenger, but a reliable source (Current player) has told us the sheep are in for him.
I know the phucking sheep.
If true,his loss.

What an epic fail by this lad if he messes us about and ends up at the sheep.

He'll never ever forgive his agent.

Massive let down for me. He has what it takes to be a cracking player. Obviously he's young so you never know but he has all the tools to be a very good player. Bags of pace, can beat a man and has a cracking left peg and great delivery. S ores goals as well. Very disappointed by this. Can see him doing well down south.

Sounds like Rangers have decided if the player wants to join, he needs to come back to us to talk.

While I liked the sound of him as a potential future player, half a season at Motherwell doesn't give him the right to fùck Rangers about.

Hope we have

Our revenue should bw spent on quality to help or youths coming through

Ive no doubt we are getting back, they may reach 10 before that but who cares

Sounds like Rangers have decided if the player wants to join, he needs to come back to us to talk.

While I liked the sound of him as a potential future player, half a season at Motherwell doesn't give him the right to fùck Rangers about.

Precisely.

This nobody will be instantly forgotten after he disappears into obscurity at some diddy team like Brentford.

None of us will even recognise his name when it comes up in 10 years time

Precisely.

This nobody will be instantly forgotten after he disappears into obscurity at some diddy team like Brentford.

None of us will even recognise his name when it comes up in 10 years time

I think you're wrong.

I think this boy has a huge future ahead of him and I'm really disappointed that it's not going to be with us.

I think you're wrong.

I think this boy has a huge future ahead of him and I'm really disappointed that it's not going to be with us.

I am 50/50 on him. Could turn out to be 'brilliant' but could just as easily 'disappear'.

David Turnbull though. A near certainty to be a 'star' (IMHO). Missed opportunity there I'm afraid.

Is he going somewhere?
If not surely we will be looking at him

He too was available in January on a pre-contract and we didn't move for him. That's what I meant by 'missed the boat'

He's probably going to cost someone around £750k in the next 12 months or so. I really like the look of the lad. So much composure for one so young playing in that position, gets his share of goals (many from outside the box). Slightly lacking in real pace but can get away with that in the role he plays. Love to see him at Ibrox.

Good,can we pull out of Jones and Stewart aswell.We need much better than this if we have any ambitions to stop the filth.

So the guy that runs 4lads, who’s an attention seeking clown, was right on his twitter today after all. Funnily enough the article tonight is almost identical to his tweet

Broken clock n all that eh

Cheers bud ;)
What you talking about a don’t follow you on twitter to see what you tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back