Rangers Supporters attacked in Maribor

My mate is in monklands flew back with me this morning straight to a+e Has a fractured skull in a few different places black eyes etc and isn’t able to go on holiday tomorrow with his Mrs and is maybe going to need surgery on his head.

Something has to be fucking done. Talking of bears arrested and acting up no mention of him lying on the deck getting his head caved in off these robocop cunts.

That from the police ?

My mate is in monklands flew back with me this morning straight to a+e Has a fractured skull in a few different places black eyes etc and isn’t able to go on holiday tomorrow with his Mrs and is maybe going to need surgery on his head.

Something has to be fucking done. Talking of bears arrested and acting up no mention of him lying on the deck getting his head caved in off these robocop cunts.
Ffs not good !!

Hopefully speedy recovery after treatment..

Terrible reading that,hope that he makes a full & speedy recovery

Shocking mate.

That's thoroughly depressing reading that. Bears taking kids abroad now will think twice about the riskier areas in future. So sad.

Thoughts are with your mate.

TBH, it's not much better than UK police, a mate of my old mans was down in Manchester in 2008 he wasn't there for the match but he was down there visiting family in the vicinity. He was out minding his own business when he got caught up in the melee, he was trying to get through the crowds and walked up to a police barrier with no malice, to ask if he could get through to get back to his relations house and the policeman hit him full force in the face with his shield. He was in hospital for 3 weeks, he almost lost his eye.

Is was bad in that street last night. Sheer luck we were further back in the crowd.
I think we need to realise that these Robocops in various countries ignore police from other countries, club representatives or who ever. They actually enjoy doing what they trained for which is to crack people over the head.

By saying nothing, the club's lost the initiative yet again.

Statements have to be released within the first few hours of incidents like this (which usually have a limited shelf life).

Should the same thing have happened to Celtic the focus would be on police brutality. Yes, they have allies throughout the media, but that club knows exactly how to cope with these episodes.

By saying nothing, the club's lost the initiative yet again.

Statements have to be released within the first few hours of incidents like this (which usually have a limited shelf life).

Should the same thing have happened to Celtic the focus would be on police brutality. Yes, they have allies throughout the media, but that club knows exactly how to cope with these episodes.
Exactly. The beasts rioted in Amsterdam, no ifs, no buts, the videos are online, yet the police got the blame for the whole thing. One of the fucking “victims” rewarded with a Tramphitheatre tour.

The police perpetrators here?
A couple of plain clothes cops.
That’s the Scottish media for you.

Seeing posts on match thread about bottles being thrown at Rangers Supporters.

Edit. Didn't realise this thread was still on the go. It's apparently the Maribor support that were causing the trouble and the police waded in to the Rangers Supporters.

Stay safe Bears.
Is there anywhere that lists the Ceptic away fans record abroad and at home? Tried looking but couldn’t find any definitive listings.

Is there anywhere that lists the Ceptic away fans record abroad and at home? Tried looking but couldn’t find any definitive listings.

There was posts on the old board with links to articles about them causing mayhem abroad and at home.

I've heard a few say ' celtic fans never cause trouble abroad ' :D

Their whole lives are based on myths and downright lies.

This is where the club should step in with an interview and pics with the Bear, getting his story out about foreign police brutality. Hope the Bear make a full and healthy recovery.

Why the hell are our club not issuing a statement condemning the policing?

Remember when the scum were in Amsterdam and got smashed by the cops the Celtic board were onto it within hours.

This is where the club should step in with an interview and pics with the Bear, getting his story out about foreign police brutality. Hope the Bear make a full and healthy recovery.
Has the injured party informed the club, was he travelling officially or independent.
If he has then it is poor from the club.
I would hope the SLO is gathering as much detail and video footage as possible. Although I doubt the Slovenian Police care.
Rangers though could try and find an outlet that will publish the facts from actual people caught up in it. That’s the difficult part.
Hope everybody that’s been injured have a full recovery.

The police were an absolute disgrace,they really were,some of the things I saw were disgusting.their "ultras" are morons,walking upto the square with my mates who were 10 feet Infront of me,I had our flag round my shoulders,next thing I know IV been ambushed,they ran out from a spar shop,punched me from behind and bolted with our flag,all happened in milliseconds,about 8 Police saw it but weren't interested at all.a square go is fine but that is just cowardly.Police Scotland are no use to us.They are only their for intelligence in order to persecute us at a later date,nicey nicey to your face but can just imagine what gets said in that focus office!The Rangers staff are immense at trying help people.some of the abuse they get is bang out of order.Out of interest can someone tell me what Craig Houston's roll is?The boys who were lifted were released at 6am and got trains back upto Vienna to catch their flights.Once again the bears were absolutely outstanding.Fuvk the Scottish media,nothing but scum.well done Stevie Gerrard and the players yous are making us proud.long may it continue.WATP NS

The police were an absolute disgrace,they really were,some of the things I saw were disgusting.their "ultras" are morons,walking upto the square with my mates who were 10 feet Infront of me,I had our flag round my shoulders,next thing I know IV been ambushed,they ran out from a spar shop,punched me from behind and bolted with our flag,all happened in milliseconds,about 8 Police saw it but weren't interested at all.a square go is fine but that is just cowardly.Police Scotland are no use to us.They are only their for intelligence in order to persecute us at a later date,nicey nicey to your face but can just imagine what gets said in that focus office!The Rangers staff are immense at trying help people.some of the abuse they get is bang out of order.Out of interest can someone tell me what Craig Houston's roll is?The boys who were lifted were released at 6am and got trains back upto Vienna to catch their flights.Once again the bears were absolutely outstanding.Fuvk the Scottish media,nothing but scum.well done Stevie Gerrard and the players yous are making us proud.long may it continue.WATP NS
You’ll have someone along shortly telling you that you shouldn’t have antagonised them.

The two PS cops that go, aren't Focus. They are Glasgow based. Nothing to do with that unit. They aren't there to try and get anyone later or even at the time ffs. They have absolutely no powers abroad. They are there to be a point of contact for any supporters who need help whilst in the city or town. Having spoken to both of them numerous times in the past, they want to try and help supporters as much as they can and try and keep as many as possible out of trouble. They regularly updated my brother, his mates and other bears with areas where they shouldn't be going on Thursday . They did this in the last two games also. %^*&, they were all over trying to get that missing boy home from Macedonia before the local police.

Their job is a thankless task and the shite they take at times from our own is unbelievable. They will no doubt be as appalled by the local police as much as us.

The two PS cops that go, aren't Focus. They are Glasgow based. Nothing to do with that unit. They aren't there to try and get anyone later or even at the time ffs. They have absolutely no powers abroad. They are there to be a point of contact for any supporters who need help whilst in the city or town. Having spoken to both of them numerous times in the past, they want to try and help supporters as much as they can and try and keep as many as possible out of trouble. They regularly updated my brother, his mates and other bears with areas where they shouldn't be going on Thursday . They did this in the last two games also. %^*&, they were all over trying to get that missing boy home from Macedonia before the local police.

Their job is a thankless task and the shite they take at times from our own is unbelievable. They will no doubt be as appalled by the local police as much as us.

Thought the Scottish police and Rangers staff did well, as did the bears on the way to the ground under that intimidation. God knows what started it but that was sheer brutality.

That penalty save and the players coming over after the game made it all worth it!

Is that wee gary p mate ? He got fractured skull in 4 places off the riot police over ther ""scum"""
Wer gonna give him cash to help him " he's missed out on a holiday leaving this Monday and sadly the money coz sure he didn't take insurance '' our press /mheadia r a disgrace with what they have printed

From what I heard (someone will confirm) the person got attacked close to the square when he was himself. Only had heard of a couple getting lifted and they were told they were getting released after the game no idea if they did but one of their mates were close to us in the ground said they were told they were getting released after the game.
Was definitely taken from one on his own ' and just unlucky that young B is probably one of the quietest on the glassy '' if the main troops had been ther the flag wud never have been taken
Atleast young B only got a sore face ' one of my mates"""not from the glassy "" got a fractured head n 4 places off the scum poliz

i get what you are saying, but unless some people like these cops speak out about what is really going on with the cops abroad, this is not the first time rangers fans have been battered to %^*& by these stormtroopers for nothing, i can see a rangers fan ending up killed, we know we have no friends in the media or the political scene, all the more important for people who were there to tell it like it is.

i get what you are saying, but unless some people like these cops speak out about what is really going on with the cops abroad, this is not the first time rangers fans have been battered to %^*& by these stormtroopers for nothing, i can see a rangers fan ending up killed, we know we have no friends in the media or the political scene, all the more important for people who were there to tell it like it is.

Totally agree. I would imagine that they will have done a report for their bosses. PS should be backing the club in any potential statement imo. The senior bosses have to remember that their people, over in Slovenia working, were also subjected to indiscriminate use of pepper spray.

They should back the club up with a statement then!

Edit smiley mate.Wish we had been closer.Nicer Guy you won’t meet.
On the walk up these Robo cops were Army.Looking for it to kick off.I spent the twenty minute walk stopping younger bears from a whacking.Despite being of an age.No respect from these cowards.

You're no that old....

Therre police are scum and there ultras are shitebags when they attacked the square the bears took it t them and they ran away unfortunately that gave plod the excuse that they had been waiting for.

Was definitely taken from one on his own ' and just unlucky that young B is probably one of the quietest on the glassy '' if the main troops had been ther the flag wud never have been taken
Atleast young B only got a sore face ' one of my mates"""not from the glassy "" got a fractured head n 4 places off the scum poliz
That's the annoying thing m8. They jump B on his own steal the flag then make it look like its some sort of Victory.he knows himself he should nt have went a wander on his own. But we can replace the flag. The thing about it if those cnts think it's some sort of big thing stealing a flag off a boy on his own shows what kind of scum bags they are

Last edited:
Is that wee gary p mate ? He got fractured skull in 4 places off the riot police over ther ""scum"""
Wer gonna give him cash to help him " he's missed out on a holiday leaving this Monday and sadly the money coz sure he didn't take insurance '' our press /mheadia r a disgrace with what they have printed
Mate if you are taking donations send me a message and I will put something in. Like young Gary he’s a good lad.

I was just texting B last night when he was still in stansted airport, I wasn’t aware he’d been cracked a few times hope he’s okay he’s a good lad I’m sure he’ll live.

Mate if you are taking donations send me a message and I will put something in. Like young Gary he’s a good lad.
We aw put money away each month n it's to help out mates in incidents like this mate '' there's talk of having a wee night 'fundraiser '' too but nothing been set in stone ' dare say you will here thru gary himself anyways " thanks mate WATP NS

That's the annoying thing m8. They jump B on his own steal the flag then make it look like its some sort of Victory.he knows himself he should nt have went a wander on his own. But we can replace the flag. The thing about it if those cnts think it's some sort of big thing stealing a flag off a boy on his own shows what kind of scum bags they are
Exactly the wee man shudnt have went a wander wae it especially over there but who's no done things we shouldn't wae a drink like you say aslong as he's alright but it is annoying especially coz of what's on the flag

We were in the square from 10 in the morning and they didn’t do anything but picked on older guys and a bear on his own hardly a win and they will be laughed at by other groups round Europe.

I might have posted a few of them tried to have a go at the Ibis after bars had shut, but Bears inside were not interested. We were walking back (3 of us) and there were 4 or so outside trying to goad the young lads inside the lobby. One of our 3 was my mates wife, they tried to grab her shirt as we entered the hotel, but she gave them the stare of death! The lassie on reception did a great job of telling the young neds to fuk off, until polis arrived en masse.

We were in the square from 10 in the morning and they didn’t do anything but picked on older guys and a bear on his own hardly a win and they will be laughed at by other groups round Europe.
Agreed mate they had all day had a half hearted attempt about 5pm got chased out of the square.

Back