Match Thread ** Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wed 29th November - Sky Sports **

Crazy to think that over our last 5 games we've sacked a manager, our interim manager won 2 games, & has now lost two prompting a sort of crisis at the club. The sheep have the exact same form over the last 5 games.... Food for thought.

Not confident of a win, but it won't stop me believing that we can win. Let's do this Rangers, by any means possible.

This squad have done nothing to gain my confidence so I also won't try and predict the outcome.
But I sincerely hope we pull it out of the bag tonight AND sunday.

After the last 2 games, it’s good to see more than half of us predict we’ll sneak a win!
The sheep aren’t on the best of form either so nothing to fear. We are capable and I don’t think we’ll lose 3 on the bounce. Murty will have the team up for this. Alves starting will be a big plus, and I think Miller will have a big impact tonight! 3-1 to us!

The stuff in the 4MHAD blog about Candeias being dropped and Hardie being selected if Morelos isn't fit smacks of absolute lunacy to me.

It also speaks volumes about Murty and how utterly weak willed he is. He'd rather go with a weaker team if it means he doesn't have to deal with the more difficult or different characters. It also says to me DC is an easy target to drop compared to others far more deserving of being sidelined. Yes, I'm looking at you Josh Windass and Kenny Miller.

Candeias is inconsistent but his work rate and crossing ability means he would never be out my team.

Dreading it and will happily take a draw.

Would have been a bit more optimistic if they hadn't broken that unbeaten voodoo, but they will be up for this.

Will we see any unforced changes to the lineup? For me Tav (even though he was woeful on Friday), John and Jack must start from Fridays team but not sure any of the others should be there on merit. I'd like to see Barjonas or Nemane start. I know Nemane's hardly shone so far but he's been brought on for a few minutes and when we're already beaten and deserves a chance to show what he can do. At least he has some pace and could be a threat! Would also like to see Atakayi on the bench as he looks a good prospect. They can't be any worse that what we've seen last few games.

Unfortunately I don't expect any but how can any of the rest justify a place? If players are consistently poor then you replace them it's that simple. I know we're short of potential options but tonight we must get a reaction and a performance that's light years ahead of recent games.

Let's give these sheep shagging inbreds a doing! WATP

we will pump them. Optimism based on no actual evidence or logic is the staple diet of the scottish football fan

3-0 the bears. Windass to get 2,

If we paly a 4-4-2 with Candellias and Windass out wide, we will get destroyed in midfield, we desperately need to plug the gaps in central midfield, but I'm sure we will just carry on as usual.

The stuff in the 4MHAD blog about Candeias being dropped and Hardie being selected if Morelos isn't fit smacks of absolute lunacy to me.

It also speaks volumes about Murty and how utterly weak willed he is. He'd rather go with a weaker team if it means he doesn't have to deal with the more difficult or different characters. It also says to me DC is an easy target to drop compared to others far more deserving of being sidelined. Yes, I'm looking at you Josh Windass and Kenny Miller.

Candeias is inconsistent but his work rate and crossing ability means he would never be out my team.

Candeias is our best attacking option. He suffers from a lack of quality around about him. The Rangers Report on twitter did an analysis of the top playmakers in the spl in terms of key passes per 90 and he is near the top.

Both Candeias and Morelos are essential to us. The wee Buffalo is due a goal and I really hope he's fit enough to at least make the bench tonight.

Daniel Candeias point blank refused to engage in the game on Friday, ignored team mates and effectively played in his own private match.

I noticed it from behind the goal and Im just a mere punter.

Im not surprised Murty has bombed him

Something has gone very very wrong at Rangers

Dreading it and will happily take a draw.

Would have been a bit more optimistic if they hadn't broken that unbeaten voodoo, but they will be up for this.

They broke the voodoo of the hoodoo that they do so well.........

Think you meant hoodoo mate.

No predictions from me,We will need to tighten defence up...Also we need to take some of the chances we are creating.....I will be leaving shortly to go into the city for lunch and a couple of beers then the Louden...I don't feel very confident

we've been horrific in the last 2 games against the bottom teams at the time

wouldn't surprise me to see us go out and pump this mob
but chances are we will lose

Take a couple of the chances that we are creating and I think that would be enough to secure a much needed 3 points. So I'm going for 2-1.

Daniel Candeias point blank refused to engage in the game on Friday, ignored team mates and effectively played in his own private match.

I noticed it from behind the goal and Im just a mere punter.

Im not surprised Murty has bombed him

Something has gone very very wrong at Rangers
When did Murty bomb him?

What have I missed?

I have little faith in a result, it's been a year (ironically, at home against the Sheep) that we had a "reaction" performance.

We could give ourselves a better tilt at it by playing the best we have - and fielding a midfield that can control the ball.

I suspect we'll watch the same old, same old and Jack will get baited and sent off. I hope i'm very wrong

If we paly a 4-4-2 with Candellias and Windass out wide, we will get destroyed in midfield, we desperately need to plug the gaps in central midfield, but I'm sure we will just carry on as usual.

Relax mate, no chance we'll play 4-4-2.

We need to compete in midfield, not hand it to them on a plate.

This has got to be a joke, a real bad joke.
Tazza,if he has the job to score goals then he is failing.Look at the amount of chances he has missed.If a striker takes the chance then it takes pressure off the team during the match obviously.He could have all the work rate in the world but if he doesn't put the ball on the net then he is failing.We are not talking about the odd miss here.

Tazza,if he has the job to score goals then he is failing.Look at the amount of chances he has missed.If a striker takes the chance then it takes pressure off the team during the match obviously.He could have all the work rate in the world but if he doesn't put the ball on the net then he is failing.We are not talking about the odd miss here.
Yes, he’s missed the chances.
He’s still there to miss them though.
How many were created after he went off on Friday?
How bad were we after he went off on Friday?

Look at the chances against Hamilton,must have had about 4.Take one of them and its a game changer.Some say he lacks confidence, maybe so,but that makes it our problem.Imagine if we had someone like Moult with those chances,if we did we would be sitting with more points.Strikers score goals,goals win games and more points.

Look at the chances against Hamilton,must have had about 4.Take one of them and its a game changer.Some say he lacks confidence, maybe so,but that makes it our problem.Imagine if we had someone like Moult with those chances,if we did we would be sitting with more points.Strikers score goals,goals win games and more points.

Good strikers do far, far more than that.

And Morelos does that. Even without him scoring recently, we've managed a decent amount of goals this season. He's been pivotal to that.

It’s absolutely criminal that the amount of money the fans put in to the club via season tickets and merchandise that the board wrote the season off in October absolutely criminal.

Sitting with the prospect of throwing young Hardie in a game of this magnitude just smacks of sheer stupidity. He hasn’t clocked up more than 10mins in any game this season but he’s starting (potentially) in a game of this magnitude.

We need a result tonight but I genuinely see no threat going forward. Prove me wrong rangers!

https://fourmenhadadream.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/manager-latest-and-aberdeen-preview/

Team news received suggests Rangers will line up –

Foderingham, Tavernier, Alves, Wilson, John, McCrorie, Jack, Holt, Windass, Miller, Morelos (if he doesn’t make it then Hardie starts).

No place for Fabio Cardoso or Daniel Candeias perhaps surprisingly.

Are you sure? I'd assumed Cardoso would be playing from his tweet earlier.

zybvvo.png

Good strikers do far, far more than that.

And Morelos does that. Even without him scoring recently, we've managed a decent amount of goals this season. He's been pivotal to that.
Yes and good strikers get their arse kick when it happens.You say he has been pivotal in a positive sense but I say he's been pivotal in the losing of games and points.

We'll win this nae bother :rolleyes:

Nah, please Rangers, just do us a favour and actually show some interest and get in about these sheep. Sick of your half hearted effort. Show us the fight we want to see from you. This is Aberdeen we're talking about here, they are poor, but they hate us and they will be fighting for everything so we better match it or else we'll lose comfortably and deservedly so.

The atmosphere is always great in these games, for the first while anyway. Hope the players give us something to keep shouting/singing about.

Into these sheep shagging bastards.

Anticipating a 1 - 0 win tonight though a draw would be acceptable as things stand.
I hope Hardie gets some decent game time as 5 minutes here and there will never get him ready. Hope also that Barjonas will be in the squad as I feel that a bit of strength may be required.

Logic suggests two more humpings on the way.

IMO, Aberdeen will be too aggressive for us.

I hope Mr King has good reason to have Murty managing these season-defining games.

Aberdeen at 11/4 is ridiculous value.

Aberdeen or Draw - 10/11

But I cant bet against us - So come on Rangers just get it done!

Back