MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
no as pissed off with losing this 2 goal lead as the last time, maybe cause the other result in the group went our way, I said before any win or a low scoring draw would keep us above benfica in the head to heads, plus whatever we think of how the game panned out, benfica is a very good team, now we have 2 games to get out the group, and I think we'll do it

Teams naturally drifting deeper to defend a lead has happened since the beginning of time, it's not a new thing and if it was as easy as fresh legs do you not think the top teams and coachea would have easily eliminated that issue decades ago?
Funny that, was just listening to Rangers Radio and all the guys just talked about dropping deep due to legs

Sorry Mr Gerrard nowhere near good enough. That was on you and no one else tonight. A brainless, self destructive lesson in how to turn a victory into a draw in the last 30 minutes. Once fooled, twice shy, obviously not for you. You personally should be ashamed of your own performance tonight. IMO, you let your players down!
Two words.

The Benfica are a good team chat is just weak consolation. We made them look very ordinary and should have won.

It's not a hugely, not going to sleep through disappointment result but it is a game we should have won. I've simply no idea why we didn't change it. I reckon we'd be the only team in Europe not to make a sub tonight.
The only change we would have wanted to make would be to freshen up the midfield but other than Hagi who's not really going to shore things up, who else was available in that area?

Not sure some people even understand the game of football sometimes. When a game involves very talented and committed players things can happen, slight momentum shifts, odd mistake, but also brilliance. That was all on show tonight and in previous games. It was just two really good teams involved in two really good games of football. And as the gaffer says a draw in each probably about right. We re doing just fine at a very decent level long may it continue

The only change we would have wanted to make would be to freshen up the midfield but other than Hagi who's not really going to shore things up, who else was available in that area?

Defenders were getting caught on the ball because Kent, Morelos and Roofe had put in a big shift and simply couldn't make those same runs like they could in the first half.

Reactions: BWO
Anyone answered who Stevie shouldve put on to shore things up ?

Ciaran ? Barjo ? Hagi !?

You don’t necessarily put someone on to shore things up. You just put fresh legs on to stretch them so they’re not coming on to us wave after wave. Barker for Kent, Itten for Alfie etc

again its the manner of the result rather than the result itself, disappointing to be pegged back from 2-0 but we are still in a superb position to qualify

Back