Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Brandon Barker's biggest contribution today
19d5dbc30207f8f13b102e65e43f627d.jpg

collum before the game??

worst decision from a Rangers captain ever not takin the penalty himself
While I agree to an extent, should he have taken it and missed there would nigh on be a lynch mob out for him
For anyone calling him a shite bag I think it took courage to pass it on . It's not as if he gave it to someone you would not expect to slot it home ..f@#king gutted none the less

This situation reminds me ironically of our 9 in a row run when Celtic would batter us for 90 mins and we would sneak out a 1-0 win. Specifically the cup semi where David Robertson was sent off after 5 mins then McCoist scored and we held out for a 1-0 win. We had experience and a strong winning mentality in the squad, we don’t now.

Yup. Exactly the same feeling I got. 9IAR era all over it.

Tough one to take but Rangers were pretty good im not annoyed with any players or managers decisions.

Their keeper was excellent and a couple of our best attackers players picked a bad time to have a stinker....they also had some, well quite a bit of help from the officials. How people cant see how important that whistle and the big calls are in these matches i have no idea. Play well we win... erm not always not today.

The guys out there are hurting bad maybe/hopefully that anger can drive us on to the title.

I think its really important that the fans stick with the team and the gaffer.

They have won 10 tournaments in a row. Apart from McGregor we have a team who have never won anything. Coincidence???
Is it %^*&
Morelos taking the penalty was either a kick in the baws for Tav or he shat his troosers

He had the ball then handed it to Alfie at the last possible second.

He shat it.

Are you serious? How many shots on target to their one and you think it’s the ref that done this?
James Tavernier and his lack of bottle is where your should be looking if you want someone to blame.

Alfie boot in the box by Brown, 3 players offside and the lino doesn't spot it. Those are bad decisions and we lost as a result of that AND nor taking our chances.

I think you underestimate how much damage today will do to our players belief at what they can achieve. Momentum and self belief is everything in football

I disagree, that performance will drive us on to win the league. Everyone and their granny knows how jammy paedo fc were today.

Disagree. In particular, his shot through Frimpong's legs would have been a goal on another day. Didn't think he was desperate or lacked composure - just unlucky against a good keeper.
He had about 4 other chances to score plus the penalty. Don’t know if he is too desperate or anxious to score but that today was about mentality.
He got more desperate as the game went on and should have been subbed at about 60 odd mins for Defoe. Bringing Barker on was a dreadful sub.

Tell you what we have some drama queens in our support,yes I’m disappointed we should have won we didn’t and it was only down to a bit of luck and bad finishing,we were a country mile in front of them,they won because the linesman didn’t flag for offside the only chance they had up to that point,we will get stronger from this mark my words we have thier number and we will be rejoicing soon.

This , but I can’t believe we never won that

Barisic has missed 2 penalties out of the 6 he's taken at senior level.

Tav should have taken it - though I'm sure many on here were pleased when he handed it to Morelos.

And how many has Tav missed recently? All I'm saying is that if you have regular dead ball takers then they should be first options for spot kicks.

I think you underestimate how much damage today will do to our players belief at what they can achieve. Momentum and self belief is everything in football
Or looking at the positives we were so dominant, so much better than them and if it wasn't for a missed penalty, an offside goal etc..... We gave them a lesson in how to play football

They have won 10 tournaments in a row. Apart from McGregor we have a team who have never won anything. Coincidence???
Is it %^*&
Morelos taking the penalty was either a kick in the baws for Tav or he shat his troosers

Totally agree, Our mentality is shot to hell, we don't have it when it matters the most.

down to bottle.

we don’t have the mentality to go and win games like this. When it comes to the crunch the nerves get the better of them and they shite it.

I agree true winners have no fear and believe they can get the job done.

While I agree to an extent, should he have taken it and missed there would nigh on be a lynch mob out for him
For anyone calling him a shite bag I think it took courage to pass it on . It's not as if he gave it to someone you would not expect to slot it home ..f@#king gutted none the less

While I think Tav may have shirked responsibility on the penalty, you're absolutely correct.

A lot of posts saying we did well but it wasnt enough...on another day...etc

It wasn't enough and you make your own day. We werent clinical and as the game went on passes became predictable and final balls poorer.

Chokers and bottlers all. The second we step on the pitch against Celtic we play like absolute scared wimps. Chance after chance squandered and with the game running out several of the worse crosses I have seen in professional football. I get it, the conditions were horrible but to be as sloppy in finishing as that was inexcusable.

No you can't even say that.

Listen I'm fkn raging here but you cannot accuse them of being whimps. The players performed Well enough but we clearly need more than one game changer and so it proved to be. Certain players need to take on EXTRA responsibility in addition to their normal ditties in the BIG GAMES it's the difference between winning and losing. Too many leaving that responsibility to somebody else.

That is why we need VAR in. Scotland !
I am not sure why people think VAR will sort anything in Scotland. It's not exactly working well down in England in all honesty - added to that. Do you really think the corrupt and absolutely incompetent SFA will not find a way to completely %^*& any form of VAR up? I doubt it would work unless it was an enforced 3rd party outwith Scottish football monitoring and making the decisions.

I see admin have pulled the Brandon Barker thread, goodness knows why, his “performance” is pretty worthy of discussion I’d say.

Notwithstanding Forster’s heroics, imo we were profligate in an otherwise dominant first half, and I thought we badly lacked ideas and composure when they went down to 10 men, at which time Davis was very sorely missed. Ryan Jack can definitely hold his head high, but not too many others imo in the midfield or up front. Morelos was in everything and deserves credit for refusing to hide, but today he was tragically found wanting when it counted.

Extremely hard to take this result, and we can only hope that it galvanises us and toughens us up for what lies ahead, and doesn’t see us implode at this critical time in the season.

Don’t know how you can say embarrassments they absolutely dominated that game and nothing went for us.

Im proud of them as opposed to embarrassed

We need to use today - and it’s injustice - and use it as a motivation for the rest of the season
Some folk just throw the word 'embarrassed' about despite clearly having no idea what it means.

Often, you only see these people when we've not had a good result.

I cant quite describe how low i feel after this. It tells us one thing absolutely , this team will win nothing. They have absolutely zero winning ability. worst defeat to them in years and yes i include all the tankings. frankly as low as i have felt since the hibs debacle and this is a gizillion times worse.

Away and have a lie down.

We deserved so much more for our efforts, I'd expect Kent to do a hell of a lot more for us considering the efforts and money we shelled out to get him back.... and why, Tav as Captain of Rangers playing in a cup final against them, with a chance to score and be a leader, he runs after the ball then hands it to Morelos, I find that so fucking annoying and can't understand that... we have to take the positives, get angry and the players that were crying should use that hurt and anger and make sure it doesn't happen again.
Heads up Bears we go again.. No Surrender.

Reminds me of when Andy Goram saved us. Gutted but it shows we are better than them and foster wont have another game like that in his life. Thought the team played well and I'll not criticize them for losing to an offside goal. But that bloody penalty broke my heart.

Our players gave everything, they rode their luck and their keeper had the game of his life. Keep the heads up, they know our team is equal to if not better than them. Take frustration out on Young Boys and push on. Have to be with them come New Year game. That will be the marker for this season. Proved today we have nothing to fear from them. On another day, with a bit of luck we would have won comfortably.

Barker is absolutely awful. I worry when we have a guy like him on the bench rather than a promising youngster. Barker can't control the ball, can't pick a pass and for a guy that's meant to have pace, can't even beat a slow fullback. As long as we still have guys like him, Ojo and Stewart to come on and change a game, we are still well short.

This situation reminds me ironically of our 9 in a row run when Celtic would batter us for 90 mins and we would sneak out a 1-0 win. Specifically the cup semi where David Robertson was sent off after 5 mins then McCoist scored and we held out for a 1-0 win. We had experience and a strong winning mentality in the squad, we don’t now.

McCoists goal wasn't offside.

We were beaten by an offside goal and a keeper having a phenomenal performance. Its shit but that's what it is. We don't have a given right to win everything.

Those slagging the team off need to have a fucking look at themselves. As dissapointed as we all are some of the stuff being said is a disgrace.

They need us behind them.
Agree 100%.

Totally dominated the first half. Let that mob into it a little more in the second, but for me, overall, the players did the right things and created lots of chances.

Alfredo played the same way he always plays -- he put in plenty of powerful shots from tight angles, that he would typically score in another game. Penalty was average -- he can do better than that.

Some of the comments on FF after a defeat like this are absolutely disgraceful. These keyboard warriors should take a good look at themselves and get behind the team. (Indeed, it would not surprise me if a lot of these characters are supporters of the other mob.)

Gerrard and the boys will want the title more than ever now.

Last edited:
Tsvernier has effectively sold the Jersey. It's the biggest moment in his rangers career and he decides to give it to the player who has never took one.

Hes almost surrendering responsibility if it goes wrong. This is not what captains do. It really has to be said.

You make your own luck in football but incompetent officials, sectarian bias and years of bitching and intimidation seem to help as well. We may have lost the battle but today showed we can win the war.

We played well today. Another day n we would have three or four goals. Yet again though we concede a goal from a set piece. Offside? Yes. But the penalty changes the game. Sickened by it all though. Regroup for the big game on Thursday.

That's a pretty accurate summation. I think you'll find though, the FF consensus is we're never going to win another game ever.

If there is a positive note to an incredibly frustrating day, it is that it can now be said that Rangers have closed the 'quality gap' with the yahoos. It's been quite while since I saw us dominate them to such an extent. They committed larceny because we didn't take the multiple chance that came our way, and because their goalie had the game of a lifetime.

A more objective result would have been 4-1 Rangers - when was the last time that could be said.

Agree 100%.

Totally dominated the first half. Let that mob into it a little more in the second, but for me, overall, the players did the right things and created lots of chances.

Alfredo played the same way he always plays -- he put in plenty of powerful shots from tight angles, that he would typically score in another game. Penalty was average -- he can do better than that.

Some of the comments on FF after a defeat like this are absolutely disgraceful. These keyboard warriors should take a good look at themselves and get behind the team. (Indeed, it would not surprise me if a lot of these characters are supporters of the other mob.)

Gerrard and the boys will want the title more than ever now.
Agreed. The abuse is mentally challenged behaviour, plain and simple.

Back