MOTM Poll Rangers v Dunfermline - 19:30 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't really grumble with that. We needed the players to give us a positive reaction and they did that. A clean sheet and 5 goals - not too shabby at all.

Some excellent performances mainly from Bassey and Hagi. Bassey for me keeps that left back slot until he puts a foot wrong.

Well done lads and a good night out for the folks visiting Ibrox tonight.

Bassey, MotM. I'd play him instead of Borna, who looks to be carrying a knock. Or at least needs more of a pre-season.

Tav/Patterson is a little more difficult. I've said previously I think NP will be our number one right-back at the start of next season - that's how his development has been handled.

Despite Tuesday evening the players looked really happy tonight...Good that they aren't letting the Malmo result affect team spirit.

Always a bit scared to say too much on the subject these days since anything RE Tav that isn’t positive tends to attract the lynch mob. But players need to feel like their position is under threat and if Bassey and Patterson continue to play well Tav and Borna should find their positions under real threat.
100% agreed, no one should be 'undroppable'

Barisic hasnt looked remotely close to fit, Bassey should be first choice based on form

Good end to a bad week. We went through similar back in 1994 when inside 3 weeks we were beaten by that mob at Parkhead, knocked out of the CL by AEK Athens and then out of the League Cup by Falkirk at Ibrox. That f'n Falkirk game has been on my mind all day today. I am relieved and very pleased that we did not slip up tonight. It was important.

Good performance, good result.

So what was the difference between tonight and Tuesday? Looking at the 2nd half, not a whole lot. However, in the 1st half there was far more urgency and movement from our front players. Yes the opponents were weaker, but that was the big difference for me. It was no coincidence that as this dropped off during the course of the game (perhaps naturally) so did the goals. We are at our best when we move the ball forward quickly and our front players are all making threatening runs. It is very difficult to defend. Couple that with the directness shown by the likes of Bassey and Patterson and that was the game changer tonight for me. Whatever players the manager chooses to start, that needs to be our game plan. When we are overly cautious, too worried about losing possession, we tend to stall, be repetitive, and get frustrated. When we don't allow teams to get organized, and players pull defenders out of position, we are at our most effective.

More of the same please Mr Gerrard

Decent performance from everyone in the squad that played.

Roofe’s goal was a belter. Bassey’s crosses and cut backs without thinking were superb. Lundstram looks brighter and Hagi’s looking sharp. Aribo full of skill and Kamara makes football look easy.

Hysterical, some of our fans need a wee break from social media

He got it wrong, but at times fans call it right too. A few of us were mystified with Helanders exclusion mid-week, the gaffer thought it was the right way to go and he got it wrong. It happens.

Good performance, good result.

So what was the difference between tonight and Tuesday? Looking at the 2nd half, not a whole lot. However, in the 1st half there was far more urgency and movement from our front players. Yes the opponents were weaker, but that was the big difference for me. It was no coincidence that as this dropped off during the course of the game (perhaps naturally) so did the goals. We are at our best when we move the ball forward quickly and our front players are all making threatening runs. It is very difficult to defend. Couple that with the directness shown by the likes of Bassey and Patterson and that was the game changer tonight for me. Whatever players the manager chooses to start, that needs to be our game plan. When we are overly cautious, too worried about losing possession, we tend to stall, be repetitive, and get frustrated. When we don't allow teams to get organized, and players pull defenders out of position, we are at our most effective.

More of the same please Mr Gerrard

The biggest difference is one was a pretty good outfit vying for a CL spot, the other was a really shit Scottish Championship side. But no question there were still significant improvements getting away from that.

Difference was that midfielders were prepared to run at Pars defence. This pulls the defence out of their shape and creates space in behind. Compare this to Dundee Utd and 500 square passes across the box. SG is showing too much respect to some dross teams - I think he recognized this and decided to run over the top of Pars

Thoroughly enjoyed my evening at Ibrox tonight, thought we played very well and scored some great goals. I'm very pleased with Bassey and Paterson's contribution, they've given the gaffer a nice wee problem to consider. Kamara, Hagi, Wright and Roofe were excellent too, all in all an encouraging performance.

Good end to a bad week. We went through similar back in 1994 when inside 3 weeks we were beaten by that mob at Parkhead, knocked out of the CL by AEK Athens and then out of the League Cup by Falkirk at Ibrox. That f'n Falkirk game has been on my mind all day today. I am relieved and very pleased that we did not slip up tonight. It was important.
All three games were at Ibrox and all in a week, 0-1 AEK 0-2 Them 1-2 Falkirk.
No a great week.

Aribo deserves a mention too. His knack of winning or keeping the ball in tight situations is special.
He does however he frustrates the life out of me.
With his physique, ball control and vision he should be running the show instead of drifting in and out like a winger does.
He’s got time on his side I suppose.

I know there's a huge difference between Dunfermline and Malmo,but it's pretty obvious that if we had played the second half against Malmo with tonights tempo,we would have gone through.

The movement and sharp, forward passing and triangles were excellent tonight.

Good all round performance tonight.

Special mention for the two full-backs who supplied a far better quality of crosses into the box than we've seen lately.

Bassey was best player first half, Patterson was best player second half.

Great all round performance, I know it was only Dunfermline, but there was no weaknesses and some lovely football played.

Positive performance and result that we all asked for. Dundee United and Malmö are in the past. We kick on from tonight. Players looked happy, that’s good to see.

Both full backs have given SG a headache, but for me he (SG) has to do whatever it takes to make Glen Kamara sign a new contract. Midfield masterclass tonight.

Enjoyable way to spend a Friday night that.

Played really well as a unit but some really good individual performances also - Bassey was fantastic, Hagi is just a unique player in our squad in terms of what he brings to the game and Roofe as ever was a constant threat. Aribo is just class when he’s in the zone like he was tonight.

Lower league opposition granted but if we start games with that kind of intensity we are hard to live with, would like to see it more often as we are clearly capable.

Full backs were a joy to watch, yes it’s against dunfermline but the team were fluid and while not fully there showed signs of improvemen.

Goldson again looked nervy and was careless at times and Simpson doesn’t fill me with confidence

Happy to eat my words. Calm down.

I’ll still question the logic I’m not having either Davis or McGregor on the bench, and also bringing Arfield on.
I think some of of our fans need to calm down the way they have been acting this week, posting some amount of nonsense on here. Davis and Mcgregor need looked after given their age.

Missed the first goal.

good performance were was that on Tuesday.

No regards to the old couple sitting near me we're 5 nil and there still moaning ffs.

Back