Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

Satisfactory night’s work. A wee bit disappointed we didn’t destroy them and score a few more, but I don’t think the gaffers subs helped. Jack, Arfield and Defoe were three of our best players tonight so to pull them was bit baffling to say the least. I’m equally confused by the MOTM, it should have been the captain by a country mile imo. Three assists was the perfect way to make up (somewhat) for Sunday’s gaff. Still not going to whine when we totally dominated our opponents, scored three, and kept a clean sheet

WATP!!!

Reactions: dmg
Second place to secure and a much needed 3 points securely in the bag. We need to build some momentum now to go into the Ibrox scum game because it is still an important match for a variety of reasons.

Kamara was superb and has the attributes to make a good go of it with us. Defoe looked as good as he has in a Rangers shirt, Arfield is one of those players that many seem to think little of on here but who is actually an absolutely vital part of our team. I really, really rate him. Davis looks like he could play his way into another year too on that showing.

Clean sheet, no injuries, a handful of goals and an all round decent performance. Boy we needed that. Well in bears.

Good result good performance and special mentions to Kamara, Davis, Defoe and flannigan but for me Tav motm! Slight concern is the lapse in concentration our defence seems to have when in possession, luckily the game was done and hearts were poor but could easily have gifted a goal or two tonight due to slack passing and just not clearing the lines when needed

Motherwell lost their goalkeeper to injury tonight - and it was already their second choice goalie. Could, potentially, be good news for Sunday.

For us, I'd be sorely tempted to go with the same team (subject to Kent availability - which I doubt). Played well tonight and very well in spells. Particularly the midfield.

Motherwell lost their goalkeeper to injury tonight - and it was already their second choice goalie. Could, potentially, be good news for Sunday.

For us, I'd be sorely tempted to go with the same team (subject to Kent availability - which I doubt). Played well tonight and very well in spells. Particularly the midfield.

What system did we end up playing? Did Hearts sit in?

What system did we end up playing? Did Hearts sit in?

Hearts didn't sit in they were largely hemmed in. Opening 20 minutes of so we were very good I thought. Davis (who played deeper than he has been) , Kamara, Arfield (who played a bit further forward and further wide than usual) and Jack all rotated superbly and there were lots of incisive, one-touch triangles all over the place. Kamara is excellent at riding challenges and squirming away.

Eased off thereafter but it was, generally, pleasing on the eye and a good watch. Could have scored more. Hearts only really threatened at set pieces.

Kamara should have started on Sunday. By far the most composed and comfortable midfielder in our squad.

Played some good stuff tonight, took the foot off the gas which was to be expected.

Flanners at LB was solid, should never have been booked, defended well, covered well, passed the a lot better.

A good night’s work and some very good individual performances. We needed that win and that level of performance and we got it. Well done all !

We have got him next season haven’t we?
I thought it was Davison 18 month and Defoe just for the season. I’d be pulling out all the stops to bring him back, though I wouldn’t blame him if he’s upset at the lack of starts the gaffer has given him. Especially given how we’ve struggled to put away teams this year, his clinical finishing could be worth his weight in gold. That’s one of Gerard’s mistakes this season imo, he should have gotten Defoe matchfit, and more involved a lot sooner. That and Worrall over Katic (especially after his “I’m here to make mistakes comment) are my two main gripes against Gerrard in his debut season (as well as his in game management of subs at times) Hopefullythough he’s learned and we’ll go one to take the title on his second try. Despite the mentally challengeds ability to pull out wins late in games and when their not playing well (which is admirable don’t get me wrong) we’ve played better football at times than any other side in Scotland, if only we’d had the consistency and killer touch when needed we’d be up there.

A disappointing season whatever way you look at it (Rangers need to be winning trophies) but lots to be optimistic about. If we can bring in two or three real quality signings in the offseason, and the Tim’s stand pat,lots to look forward to next year. My only fear is losing Morelos and Kent who were key performers for us. Hopefully we can keep both one more season at least,then we can avoid another major rebuilding job.

Grezda, and Lafferty can leave whenever the can find a new club. Worrall can go back to his beloved Southampton, but we need to find a back up centre half to replace him. Despite the sponsors, commentators, and many on here thinking the opposite, I didn’t see much from Davis tonight tobe that excited about, and deep down I fear his legs have gone. However Rudden, Middleton and the success of the U-17 squad gives hope we have some players who can be promote do from within

Good all-round performance, with Kamara and Davis both strong contenders for MotM. Happy with tonight’s work.

Satisfactory night’s work. A wee bit disappointed we didn’t destroy them and score a few more, but I don’t think the gaffers subs helped. Jack, Arfield and Defoe were three of our best players tonight so to pull them was bit baffling to say the least. I’m equally confused by the MOTM, it should have been the captain by a country mile imo. Three assists was the perfect way to make up (somewhat) for Sunday’s gaff. Still not going to whine when we totally dominated our opponents, scored three, and kept a clean sheet

WATP!!!
A think that’s why the came off...rested for Sunday

as we won - can we call Clancy a cheating %^*&?

the number of bookable offences he let go was ridiculous
from 15 seconds on

Middle to front was good tonight.

Refreshing to see a shift away from 4-3-3 and not having to watch Candeias have his customary half a dozen crosses that failed to get past the first man.

Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Davis - there was some good link up play between them and Kent and Defoe. With Kamara the best player on the park for me.

That's as sharp as I've seen Defoe look so far for us, sod's law it comes just as the season's ending.

Christ it was cold though, particularly 2nd half.

Also the offside goal in the first minute.

Just because it didn't cost us (this time) doesn't mean we shouldn't highlight it.

Didn't look offside to me.

I thought it was Davison 18 month and Defoe just for the season. I’d be pulling out all the stops to bring him back, though I wouldn’t blame him if he’s upset at the lack of starts the gaffer has given him. Especially given how we’ve struggled to put away teams this year, his clinical finishing could be worth his weight in gold. That’s one of Gerard’s mistakes this season imo, he should have gotten Defoe matchfit, and more involved a lot sooner. That and Worrall over Katic (especially after his “I’m here to make mistakes comment) are my two main gripes against Gerrard in his debut season (as well as his in game management of subs at times) Hopefullythough he’s learned and we’ll go one to take the title on his second try. Despite the mentally challengeds ability to pull out wins late in games and when their not playing well (which is admirable don’t get me wrong) we’ve played better football at times than any other side in Scotland, if only we’d had the consistency and killer touch when needed we’d be up there.

A disappointing season whatever way you look at it (Rangers need to be winning trophies) but lots to be optimistic about. If we can bring in two or three real quality signings in the offseason, and the Tim’s stand pat,lots to look forward to next year. My only fear is losing Morelos and Kent who were key performers for us. Hopefully we can keep both one more season at least,then we can avoid another major rebuilding job.

Grezda, and Lafferty can leave whenever the can find a new club. Worrall can go back to his beloved Southampton, but we need to find a back up centre half to replace him. Despite the sponsors, commentators, and many on here thinking the opposite, I didn’t see much from Davis tonight tobe that excited about, and deep down I fear his legs have gone. However Rudden, Middleton and the success of the U-17 squad gives hope we have some players who can be promote do from within

Sure Southampton will be delighted with worrall

Worrall plays for Forest.

Our tempo and one touch football was superb at times tonight, Stevie G isn't too far away with a few quality signings in the summer 55 is a real possibilty

Felt a but of a chore going to Ibrox tonight after Sunday tbh.

But it's a good win and 3 points.

We played some very nice passing football in midfield.
Tavernier was excellent.
Defoe was always a threat.
Hearts were dung.

We played some very nice passing football in midfield.
Tavernier was excellent.
Defoe was always a threat.
Hearts were dung.

Hearts were fairly shit. That is a disappointment as I think they are our best bet of preventing a scum treble.
If they play like that it ain't going to happen.

Thought we were great in spells, controlled in others and only a couple of sloppy pieces of play but nothing to complain about really.

My MOTM was Kamara, thought he absolutely bossed it although you could have gave it to 4 or 5 players.

Grezda should have put that header in but I thought he had quite a few good touches in his time on the park.

Worrall concentrating on defending is a good player. A few issues to his game but thought he won plenty of headers and kept the defence solid. However, why he has these fucking brains farts is beyond me. It's just not his style and if he recognises that and cuts it out he can be a player.

Hearts were as poor as any team I've seen all season. So so bad.

Felt a but of a chore going to Ibrox tonight after Sunday tbh.

But it's a good win and 3 points.

It did have that feeling about it but I think the way we started was very important. If we were struggling half an hour in to the game it would have got nasty in the stands I think.

Kamara should have started on Sunday. By far the most composed and comfortable midfielder in our squad.

Played some good stuff tonight, took the foot off the gas which was to be expected.

Flanners at LB was solid, should never have been booked, defended well, covered well, passed the a lot better.
I agree about Kamara, thought he should have started for us on Sunday

Sorry folks, couldnt make game tonight, ticket went to a good bear though. What was the formation? Seen a few differing reports, was arfield wide of a front three or was it a diamond?

Sorry folks, couldnt make game tonight, ticket went to a good bear though. What was the formation? Seen a few differing reports, was arfield wide of a front three or was it a diamond?

4 across the back
Jack and Kamara sitting
Davis roaming in front of them
Defoe central with Kent and Arfield off him tucked in

Good result. Good performance. Glad to see Defoe getting a goal.

Same again against Motherwell please. Important to finish the season as well as possible. Our form against the better sides in the league has been terrible so far, important we rectify that and win at least four of our last six.

Back