MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 12:30 Boxing Day - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Such a big win.

It was so important we went on a run of wins between the cup exit and Celtic.

Today really could have been a trap game for us, delighted with the 3 points and clean sheet.

was always going to be a tough one, 3more points in the bag, st midden next then the filth, max points from those two please, then watch the filth lose the will to live and turn on their players.

We re going to have days like that. I thought it was going to be close so only put on a Double Result bet with WH. Thank feck goal came in 1st half :D
£17.50 won on £20 bet. happy enough.

Such a big win.

It was so important we went on a run of wins between the cup exit and Celtic.

Today really could have been a trap game for us, delighted with the 3 points and clean sheet.
Dropped points might have introduced some doubts. Didnt happen though.

Just like to mention the fact it was such a narrow win and a bit nervy towards the end was down to their rookie goalie who kept out 3 shots or headers on goal that would normally have been scored ,and would've given us a much calmer end to the match

They've definitely dropped the levels a wee bit of late from their capabilities.

St. Boo and the dhims games would be a great time to hit top form again though.
They've? Their? ..............I like to class the Gers as WE. ;)

Last edited:
A vital win today, in poor conditions and when we weren’t at our best. We will need to play better next weekend but three points all that matters at this stage.

Massive 3 points. Aribo my MOTM, thought Hagi played well and Morelos was brilliant when he came on.
Hopefully another 3 points Wednesday to set us up perfectly for Saturday.

Aribo's touch and control of the ball is brilliant to watch. A genuinely classy footballer

A workmanlike, tough win with terrible weather.

3pts closer to 55

For got sake - I've already rescinded my comment. Why is there no delete option.

I followed up with it just seemed we were under a lot of pressure at times. OK, that alright??? Hibs did not have more chances, they did not get more shots on goal. None of that happened... I get it.
Ah, too little too late. :)

Midfield was outstanding today 3 points and a clean sheet, well pleased with that, bring on St Midden we owe them one.

A quick look at the Laws of the Game from IFAB suggests that it would only have been a penalty kick/direct free-kick if contact was made. There was no contact made by Hagi and Newell was 'at it' with his head-holding nonsense. I'd concede that it was dangerous play, however without contact. The appropriate decision, therefore, would have been an indirect free kick. Looks perfectly clear to me so can we skip the 'definite penalty' nonsense from some please.

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
  • plays in a dangerous manner
  • impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
  • is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or other verbal offences
  • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
  • commits any other offence, not mentioned in the Laws, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player
Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that it is not dangerous to an opponent.

Laws of the Game | IFAB (theifab.com)
Hagi's "back" was to Newell. He had no idea Newell was coming for the ball. Newell knew more about the potential danger than Hagi.

Professional performance, had to dig deep for the win in shocking conditions. Second goal would have made the last few minutes a bit less nerve racking!! Another big 3 points and clean sheet tho. #LetsGo

It was commented on.
We were told contact was minimal when it was quite clear that there was none.

You can see (Newell was it ?) momentarily pause - look up & then think - Oh I'll fall down & clutch my face - when there was no contact whatsoever

I didn't hear any comments on Newell's reaction on Sky commentary - but I think they mentioned something on Sportscene ?

Either way - he was a pathetic, cheating, diving tosser - imo

In general it has been working well but in the context of the game it was not working v hibs and gave the ball away a few times from doung it.

We lump it up the park it totally takes our midfield out the game, and plays right in to Porteous and Gogic hands. We need to stick to our game plan. Of course there are times where you need to get it up the park, but we should be playing the ball out from the back, breaking the press and playing through the lines as much as possible. Once the ball is in the midfield we have control.

Back