Match Thread Rangers v Livingston - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

Slack performance but a good result and another prick of a ref finds away to book Morelos.

A whole sequence of cup finals now looming.

Why was Alfie booked?

Walked away from the ref! Not petulant, the ref was letting a Livingston player push him over and escape with a talking too (Alfie got a talking too as well), ref should've carded the Livi player!

Glad he only misses the Dundee game though!

Anyone else think that booking was intentional? I seen Candeias have a word with him just before he starting getting involved in the nonsense. Makes sense for him to miss the Dundee game and not one of the tougher fixtures.

Not the best watch but what an important win for us. Alfie coming on changed the game. Really happy with that.

Anyone else think that booking was intentional? I seen Candeias have a word with him just before he starting getting involved in the nonsense. Makes sense for him to miss the Dundee game and not one of the tougher fixtures.

he was getting tore in after he scored.

Maybe, if it wasn't just for walking away. Maybe the ref was in on it, in that case the refs played a blinder! :D

Well done Rangers, 3 goals, shut out, 3pts, didy teams showing that they only turn up v Rangers.
Roll on Thursday.

What’s Colombian for ‘Ya wee twat”. Enough for a yellow anything else he would have given him a red.
Can anybody elaborate on what the booking was for for those having no pictures.

Did what we needed to do today, but we took the foot off the pedal after battering them before the first goal. I'm sure that will be Gerrards main complaint after saying several times this season he wants us to be ruthless.

Pleased to see Morelos score and for all his yellow card will be good as he won't miss a "big" game, the ref just couldn't wait for that.

Really good day for us today
Farts , Sheep beaten . Hivs , Killie drew
Beat Hearts next week , we go top

See the Sheep got some practise in today for their usual ramming from the scum in the cup final next weekend :eek:

What'll it take for Alfie to get a fair crack of the whip off Scotland's ridiculous referees? That aside what a player Morelos is. Comes on, scores, sets one up, and we run out comfortable 3 nil winners when we looked laboured before his introduction.

Great result, 3 points and 3 more goals for gd.

Was never going to be a easy game against these animals.

What game is AM missing now?

All the other results went our way apart from the dims.

Hope that's going to be our main defensive partnership, Thought they worked pretty well together. Livi barely had any chances from open play.

if we beat the scum on the 29th, I might let her have the remote for an hour :D
Haha calm down calm down. Wins make twitchy arses. Doesnt matter how u win, keep winning, never fear bad performance when u win, i predict happy bear times ahead with Steven mate

Well done Rangers, 3 goals, shut out, 3pts, didy teams showing that they only turn up v Rangers.
Roll on Thursday.

What’s Colombian for ‘Ya wee twat”. Enough for a yellow anything else he would have given him a red.
Can anybody elaborate on what the booking was for for those having no pictures.
Morelos is standing waiting on Livingston taking a free kick. Livingston defender runs past and flattens him. Refs calls both players over for fck knows what reason. Speaks to Morelos, hes speaking to the Livingston player so Morelos walks away. Ref blows his whistle when Morelos turns his back and Morelos raises his hand in acknowledgement, ref blows his whistle again, Morelos turns round and lifts his hand to gesture 'beat it, youve spoken to me', ref books him.

Livingston player doesnt get booked.

Remember Livi had only conceded 7 goals in 12 games before today. I can see why, they defend like their lives depends on it.

Solid game from Rangers. Livingston defended stoutly as expected, but Rangers controlled the game. Two positives to take from this game: Goldson/McAuley looks to be a really solid pairing in central defence, and Stevie G actually made substitutions that had a positive effect!

Remember Livi had only conceded 7 goals in 12 games before today. I can see why, they defend like their lives depends on it.

And 3 of those were at Parkhead prior to Holt taking over.

This is not to gloss over our errors today but they are a difficult side to break down.

The managers’ substitutions made all the difference today.
We completely changed the way we were playing when Alfie came on.
Stevie G had noticed that Halliday was being bullied down the left and put in Flanagan to shore things up.
We were also being bullied in midfield and it was a good decision to put the steel of Lassana in to give us more physicality.
A good bit of management and use of his squad this afternoon.

We needed that, we laboured in the second half, until Alfredo came on. Regarding his booking it was a martinet performance from the referee in booking him even if Alfredo should have avoided it. As for the Main Stand linesman, another one avoiding his responsibility, he should have been waving his flag to attract the ref's attention to the barge on Alfredo. I hear the Buffalo now misses our visit to Dens.

Let's be honest, we were at 60% today on the back of an international break, changes in the team, no where near our best and it could have been a cricket score - had it not been for poor finishing. Some times we need to put our laces through the ball instead of trying to place it. Our manager was top notch at doing this.

Taking all three points whilst no where near your best is what separates title challengers to the rest.

Great three points and we move on.

All I asked for was 3 points and a clean sheet, so I’m real pleased. We generally struggle after an international break and I expected Livi to be difficult to break down. In fact, they tended to take the game to us. Only when Alfredo came on did the game change clearly in our favour. Great goal. After that, we could all relax.

We needed that, we laboured in the second half, until Alfredo came on. Regarding his booking it was a martinet performance from the referee in booking him even if Alfredo should have avoided it. As for the Main Stand linesman, another one avoiding his responsibility, he should have been waving his flag to attract the ref's attention to the barge on Alfredo. I hear the Buffalo now misses our visit to Dens.

Best game to miss mate, refs unknowingly done us a favour.

Back