MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The B team guys at the weekend got slated for just going with the experienced guys, and what happened. At some point the underperforming experienced guys need to sit a few out. Imo.

As a new manager coming in, you don't just dump the experienced players by the wayside.

You need to give them a chance to prove themselves to you or else you will just alienate your squad straight off

Hi folks. Would a 2 goal win see us through? If (big if) us and Sparta finish on 7 points is it head-to-head or goal difference?

As a new manager coming in, you don't just dump the experienced players by the wayside.

You need to give them a chance to prove themselves to you or else you will just alienate your squad straight off
What does he do if the experienced players do a Hibs? Continue playing them until you get to know them? Play them until we're behind the rodents? Or start to make the changes for the future of the team?

He was playing at the weekend. Maybe picked up a knock, as he isn't long back.

Hopefully King takes this chance and kicks on. I feel if Gerrard stayed the full season we would have probably lost King for nothing at the end of the season.
I doubt Gerrard would have had him near the squad this season and King would've seen no pathway. Gerrard isn't a fan of shorter CBs, nevermind King being 17 (18 in January). Hopefully the Ajax youth manager and the development guy from Antwerp will help take guys like King to a level ready for our 25 man squad in the next couple of seasons.
Gerrard played him a couple of times, albeit out of position (most likely due to his slight build).

The five subs rule no longer existing hasn’t helped either, and our inability to kill off EL games has meant it’s too risky.

I hope we’re far ahead in discussions with him, which I imagine we will be.

This isn't Football Manager computer game! An absolutely correct decision by GvB. What new manager ( two days into a job) doesn't give the established players the old 'Tabula-Rasa, a clean slate? Let GvB down here, in one if our biggest games of our season and appropriate changes will occur in future matches. He also has a strong subs bench with youth in there.

Never going to be wholesale changes, apart from anything else, we don't have the personnel for it.

One surprise for me is Alfie starting again, let's hope the Morelos of old shows up .

What does he do if the experienced players do a Hibs? Continue playing them until you get to know them? Play them until we're behind the rodents? Or start to make the changes for the future of the team?

He's literally just in the door lol.

I'm sure if we have similar results the changes will come.

For what it's worth, I'd have put McLaughlin in but apart from that not much else (given the injury situation with Balogun)

Back