MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprised by Hagi's position, as I can't remember the last time didn't play out of position, Arfield on the bench and Morelos not on the bench.

9 months?.

That’s just not true, he was very good in the second half of last season. Admittedly has been poor the past couple of months.
I'll disagree with you on that one. I felt he was poor after Christmas again last season. Far from his best at least. His movement and sharpness in front of goal has not been good enough since end of 2020 for me.

Lets see how much influence Gio has had on this group of players.
You know, the unbeaten ones from last season?
That won our 55th league title?

Yes they've been poor lately, I personally wonder if Steve G already told them he was leaving this season regardless?

C'mon The Rangers, nice 2-0 win will do me.

What the lad is saying is correct though.
Form wise, it might be totally different.
It is totally different.
It’s up to those players to make it different again, only a positive difference.
Let's hope so, we just have far to many players in the squad that don't have any real pace. Something we really need to address over the next few transfer windows.

Fs, you lot are a doom and gloom bunch, judge that team selection after the game... clearly GIO and the coaching staff know better than us. While I agree some players need dropped tonight is a chance for them to reset and show the new gaffer why he's made the right choice in starting them. Back yer team
Don't know whether a huge Europa game is the one for redemption with some of them.

The line-up isn't a surprise. It will be interesting to see how quickly Gio changes things, though, if it isn't going well.

He's trusting them. I hope they respond for him (and us, of course).

2-0 win.

Bassey at CB is a worry but the defence has been a worry the whole season so far. Have to remember he has only had a couple of training sessions with the players. People expecting whole sale changes were always going to be disappointed although I am surprised Morelos starts.

Surprisingly negative thread given it’s Gio’s first match in charge.
I know social media is a bit of a shambles at times but Gio hasn’t even been in charge of us for a single match and the negativity on here is genuinely alarming.
Gio has gone for experience in this line up, that’s to be completely expected in the context of
‘a’ his first game that’s
‘b’ also at home and
‘c’ in a European competition.

Bassey’s heading of a ball worries me with him playing centre back. His head seems to have more corners than a three penny bit. Hopefully they keep the ball on the deck.

The line-up isn't a surprise. It will be interesting to see how quickly Gio changes things, though, if it isn't going well.

He's trusting them. I hope they respond for him (and us, of course).

2-0 win.

It's the same players but has our approach and shape changed any?

Judging by the tone of this thread we've already lost the game.
It’s honestly mental mate. You have posters making rational objective comments about the Paedos game in the other thread, other mentalists calling people out for “kissing their arses”, and then in here you have people slating GVB before a ball has been kicked!!

I know social media is a bit of a shambles at times but Gio hasn’t even been in charge of us for a single match and the negativity on here is genuinely alarming.
Gio has gone for experience in this line up, that’s to be completely expected in the context of
‘b’ also at home and
The B team guys at the weekend got slated for just going with the experienced guys, and what happened. At some point the underperforming experienced guys need to sit a few out. Imo.

McLelland didn’t play for the B team yesterday, presume he’s injured. Good to see King involved again though.
He was playing at the weekend. Maybe picked up a knock, as he isn't long back.

Hopefully King takes this chance and kicks on. I feel if Gerrard stayed the full season we would have probably lost King for nothing at the end of the season.
I doubt Gerrard would have had him near the squad this season and King would've seen no pathway. Gerrard isn't a fan of shorter CBs, nevermind King being 17 (18 in January). Hopefully the Ajax youth manager and the development guy from Antwerp will help take guys like King to a level ready for our 25 man squad in the next couple of seasons.

Bassey at CB is a worry but the defence has been a worry the whole season so far. Have to remember he has only had a couple of training sessions with the players. People expecting whole sale changes were always going to be disappointed although I am surprised Morelos starts.
Has he played at CB before

Maybe with Gio speaking Spanish he has told Alfredo exactly what he wants from him, and that inspires the Buff to score a hat-trick!
Mon the Teddy Bears!

The final 11 might tell us more than the starting 11, anyway, no worries, go out and slay them Rangers!

‘b’ also at home and

and 'd' he needs to win for a number of different reasons. No time to experiment .... until he knows the players better.

Balogun is not a big surprise, let's see how Bassey does. Ah, he's out injured.

Back