Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahead of the clash with Hibs on Sunday, McPherson has now broken his silence. He said: "I would like to offer a full and unreserved apology for my actions at end of Monday's Old Firm match at Broadwood.

"I know I have severely let myself, our team and the club down. I hold myself to the highest of standards and have never done anything like this before in a long coaching career, and I know I fell way short of that with my actions.

"This club is also built on incredibly high standards, and I have already apologised to the board, the football staff, and our fantastic group of players who I care about dearly. I would also like to apologise to the Rangers fans as I am aware of what a privilege it is to represent this club in any capacity, and I am sorry that on this occasion I did not uphold the standards this club demands.

"I also understand how exciting a time it is for the women's game in Scotland, which I have come to care passionately about, and I apologise for any negativity my actions have brought in our attempts to grow the game. Finally, I am also very grateful to Fran Alonso for accepting my apology in full following our lengthy conversation earlier in the week.

"I will also apologise to the Scottish FA at my hearing and will, of course, accept in full, whatever punishment they deem appropriate. I simply want to apologise today, convey my massive regret and explain how out of character this moment has been for me."

Wasn't even a flooring butt...at least do it right if you going to make a fool of yourself and damage reputations.
Sack him

I am a bit torn on this one. It really annoys me that I know of supporters out there who are trying to increase the profile of the women’s game and Rangers in particular and have lots of good ideas to do so.
However all I have heard since the game is people talking about Craig’s actions. That’s amongst people at work who have no interest in the women’s game and even people down South I have spoken to. By his actions in the heat of the moment he has embarrassed himself and our club. It has made our women’s set up a bit of a joke when we are trying hard to improve the profile and professionalism. Personally I wouldn’t have him near the dugout this weekend and I am unsure whether he should be there the rest of the season.

No sacking. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a chance to sincerely apologise and try to do much better going forward. Different if it’s a recurring behaviour but the guy’s never lost control before. Would be amazed if their are many on here who could claim never to have or be 100% confident they never will.

Never been impressed by Howat any time I have watched the womens side. Need a much better finisher than her
Howat is a great player, however, since coming back from a bad injury she's only shown it in brief spells.
We've suffered badly due to not having good enough cover for Jane Ross who's also out with a bad injury now.

Howat is a great player, however, since coming back from a bad injury she's only shown it in brief spells.
We've suffered badly due to not having good enough cover for Jane Ross who's also out with a bad injury now.
Admittedly I didn’t see very much of the side before her injury, as I have had this said to me before that she was good previously.

I can only go by what I have seen this season on a semi regular basis and it hasn’t been great.

Admittedly I didn’t see very much of the side before her injury, as I have had this said to me before that she was good previously.

I can only go by what I have seen this season on a semi regular basis and it hasn’t been great.
Yeah, i agree she hasn't been great.
Hopefully she can find her pre injury form sooner rather than later.

Never been impressed by Howat any time I have watched the womens side. Need a much better finisher than her
She’s the best finisher in the country, was an absolute steal getting her from Glasgow City. Unfortunately we don’t create anywhere near enough chances and she’s had a career threatening injury.

This twat commentating really hates us doesnt he

Davidsons caught, free kick given (thats a shock in itself)
"Got away with that one"

Hins sub keeper warming up, big earrings in. Why? Surely if you are going out to potentially play any sport you divest yourself of all jewellery.

We just seem to be drifting along as a team,if it happens for us it happens but I don't see much in the way of desire from the girls to make it happen.

Who is the co-comms?

Has sounded absolutely gutted at both our goals (first one especially) and trying to convince herself that Hibs were due a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back