Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

It's been quite obvious for some time now that our Ladies are a better footballing team than them but they have a more powerful and physical team. Missing Kathy Hill today only emphasised this.
The monobrowed Bernadette who scored their goals today proved this.

Hardy has a pedigree at the club where you know she is capable of scoring against them whilst Ewens consistently offers nothing for me.
She never scored today and never commanded the defender either which is why she was replaced eh .

McLearly looks a good player but doesnt seen to get much game time in the games ive seen.
Think there might be a trade off in technique for Jody but in those games maybe it’s one that is best made ye

Only other option was the kid Austin
Hence why Tess is CB just now as well

jo has to see that when we play them we need pace
Arnot is done for that, cornet and mcloughlin offer little too

Macauley and McCleary would have been better options starting
Why don’t we have other defensive options is it on,y McLauchlan and Hill who are injured ?
I reckon that CM pairing are a little limited in puncturing opponents in front third which leaves RR who catches the eye yes but never damaged them .

We’ve been “creaking” for a few weeks now and cracks developed today that’s for sure.

I think Jo deservedly received a lot of plaudits for the first half of the Season the way she had us playing. I think it’s fair that she now receives a little criticism. I do think injuries to Maclean, McLauchlan and Howat are the biggest reason why we are getting closed down in the League though. Kirsty Maclean is the heart beat of our Team.

However tactically questions have to be asked. Why do we rotate our Goalkeepers so much? Why is Mia McAuley on the bench as often as she is.

Today we were very unfortunate to lose Kathy Hill who although is not the quickest more than makes up for it in her reading of the game. It was always going to be tough for Martinez slotting in after injury. Clearly she was targeted from the first minute and having Arnott in front of her we were totally exposed. Our best attacking and defensive wide player was kept on the bench for nearly an hour in wee Mia. It’s never easy for a Coach to get his or her tactics spot on from the first minute as you’re not sure how the other Team will set up. But a good Coach reacts accordingly and quickly. Jo didn’t do that. That’s a worry for me going forward.

It’s not all on Jo today though. Too many of our players lost their individual battles and frankly didn’t look as motivated as that other lot. We were bullied at times though Rachel Rowe together with subs Jane and Mia at least took the fight to them.

As I stated earlier today Glasgow City and that other lot look better Teams than we are as things stand. Getting Kirsty Maclean back in the Team would hopefully see us return to our earlier season form.

Why don’t we have other defensive options is it on,y McLauchlan and Hill who are injured ?
I reckon that CM pairing are a little limited in puncturing opponents in front third which leaves RR who catches the eye yes but never damaged them .

i'm guessing that Jo planned on playing 3 at the back and thought there was enough with Nic Doc, Rachel McL, Hill, Colson and Martinez coming back + Middag as emergency cover and Austin coming thru

Colson being allowed to walk away has clearly made it an issue with Hill, McLauchlan out

It has certainly been a poor last few weeks. It is the wrong time of the season to have a wobble, especially with so many games v them and City in the middle of it. Lost all the momentum we had. Disappointing but now we will find if the team have character.

i'm guessing that Jo planned on playing 3 at the back and thought there was enough with Nic Doc, Rachel McL, Hill, Colson and Martinez coming back + Middag as emergency cover and Austin coming thru

Colson being allowed to walk away has clearly made it an issue with Hill, McLauchlan out
Not aware of the Colson player and exit but can’t we replace her ? Seems we are clearly short especially given Martinez has come back from extended injury .

I thought the Rangers women showed some real spirit in the 2nd half , missing Hill & McGlaughlin , McClean & Howat is a big miss we probably shouldn’t have let Megan Bell leave on loan then the Belgian defender leaving too.

A decent win next week should see them back on track , I’d like to Glasgow city Davison signed

First half we were too meek & mild. Arnot has never recovered from her injury & the swapping of wings with Hay was baffling - can only think JP was trying to protect Martinez, who didn't look good at all.

Same as men's team - decimated by injuries to key players, and squad rotation being called into question...

I thought the Rangers women showed some real spirit in the 2nd half , missing Hill & McGlaughlin , McClean & Howat is a big miss we probably shouldn’t have let Megan Bell leave on loan then the Belgian defender leaving too.

A decent win next week should see them back on track , I’d like to Glasgow city Davison signed
The Megan Bell shout is a good one. I suppose we were flying at the time and it looked like she might not have got much game time but I think Rowe has looked a bit tired lately and has been missing Maclean to share the creative load.
Still top. One defeat all season. Hopefully the girls can pick up again and get the reward they deserve.

First half we were too meek & mild. Arnot has never recovered from her injury & the swapping of wings with Hay was baffling - can only think JP was trying to protect Martinez, who didn't look good at all.

Same as men's team - decimated by injuries to key players, and squad rotation being called into question...
Sadly Martinez was the weak link and Celtic exploited it

We’ve been “creaking” for a few weeks now and cracks developed today that’s for sure.

I think Jo deservedly received a lot of plaudits for the first half of the Season the way she had us playing. I think it’s fair that she now receives a little criticism. I do think injuries to Maclean, McLauchlan and Howat are the biggest reason why we are getting closed down in the League though. Kirsty Maclean is the heart beat of our Team.

However tactically questions have to be asked. Why do we rotate our Goalkeepers so much? Why is Mia McAuley on the bench as often as she is.

Today we were very unfortunate to lose Kathy Hill who although is not the quickest more than makes up for it in her reading of the game. It was always going to be tough for Martinez slotting in after injury. Clearly she was targeted from the first minute and having Arnott in front of her we were totally exposed. Our best attacking and defensive wide player was kept on the bench for nearly an hour in wee Mia. It’s never easy for a Coach to get his or her tactics spot on from the first minute as you’re not sure how the other Team will set up. But a good Coach reacts accordingly and quickly. Jo didn’t do that. That’s a worry for me going forward.

It’s not all on Jo today though. Too many of our players lost their individual battles and frankly didn’t look as motivated as that other lot. We were bullied at times though Rachel Rowe together with subs Jane and Mia at least took the fight to them.

As I stated earlier today Glasgow City and that other lot look better Teams than we are as things stand. Getting Kirsty Maclean back in the Team would hopefully see us return to our earlier season form.
Young MacLean is the biggest loss,
Cracking wee player

It's been quite obvious for some time now that our Ladies are a better footballing team than them but they have a more powerful and physical team. Missing Kathy Hill today only emphasised this.
The monobrowed Bernadette who scored their goals today proved this.
I can’t claim to watching loads of the ladies games. From the stuff I’ve seen against them it’s pretty clear they have a physical/aggression advantage.

I can’t claim to watching loads of the ladies games. From the stuff I’ve seen against them it’s pretty clear they have a physical/aggression advantage.

And they are given license to thug their way thru games

Last game against them at Ibrox, the beast Ross did a disgusting foul deserving of red, wasnt even booked, took another 4 or 5 fouls to finally be yellow carded

Sound familiar?

Not read the thread so sorry if covered but was wondering why The Bhoys weren’t bothered about turning up today?

Football without fans is nothing?

Or did they just want to visit their favourite stadium?

Last game against them at Ibrox, the beast Ross did a disgusting foul deserving of red, wasnt even booked, took another 4 or 5 fouls to finally be yellow carded

Sound familiar?
Was it 6 bookings for them today ?
Clark should have had an early booking for the tackle from behind that was a poor decision by ref who overall I thought was ok . Didn’t care for that standside linesman at all tho . We had that neddy tackle by the wee snottery left midfielder with the double barrelled name where it was borderline Red . Thot she could intimidate Mia but instead she was being ransacked and had to be subbed .

Last edited:

Last game against them at Ibrox, the beast Ross did a disgusting foul deserving of red, wasnt even booked, took another 4 or 5 fouls to finally be yellow

Not read the thread so sorry if covered but was wondering why The Bhoys weren’t bothered about turning up today?

Football without fans is nothing?

Or did they just want to visit their favourite stadium?
Bheast End Bhoys nowhere to be seen, perhaps they ran out of Palestinian flags

Very disappointed today, we seem to be playing with a level of fear I just don't know where it has came from. Hopefully not carrying the scars of last season.

Need to get back to starting games on the front foot, we have been far too passive early in games recently, starting them at training pace.

Puzzling that young Jodie is struggling for gametime so much just now, her energy and hustle could help make a difference.

Though today could have turned out better, both Mia and Rachel clean through and failed to score what for them were excellent chances.

Sadly they looked up for it more than we did.
In saying that that to my mind, that was a stonewall, penalty in the second half.
We didn’t get.
Why?
But the first half looked dreadful, and too many just look out of form, and burn out.Concerning.
Time to regroup and muster up some energy for the business end to the season.
Let’s hope it’s not too late to sprint to that finishing line.

Sadly they looked up for it more than we did.
In saying that that to my mind, that was a stonewall, penalty in the second half.
We didn’t get.
Why?
But the first half looked dreadful, and too many just look out of form, and burn out.Concerning.
Time to regroup and muster up some energy for the business end to the season.
Let’s hope it’s not too late to sprint to that finishing line.
We played poorly and didn’t deserve anything from the game.

Agree 100% re the penalty, it was blatant and lino was only a few yards away. Can’t believe it wasn’t given

Why do you think we, they, are having such a big dip in form?
It's concerning.
Our three most consistent players have all been out injured: Howat, McLauchlan and Maclean. Then on Sunday you take Kathy Hill out the team as well and it's a really tall order to take that amount of quality out the team and get a result.

Not just taking them out the team either it's the successful partnerships they have that are also affected. McLauchlan always works really well in tandem with Brogan on the right. Howat's partnership with Rio was excellent, and neither of the other two whether that is Jane or Sarah look to have struck up the same understanding with each other or with Rio.

Maclean is head and shoulders above anyone else in Scottish football in terms of her passing, vision and tactical understanding. She's a massive massive loss to the way we play. Libby Bance has also been injured and is now just coming back too and she's probably the most like for like replacement.

Our three most consistent players have all been out injured: Howat, McLauchlan and Maclean. Then on Sunday you take Kathy Hill out the team as well and it's a really tall order to take that amount of quality out the team and get a result.

Not just taking them out the team either it's the successful partnerships they have that are also affected. McLauchlan always works really well in tandem with Brogan on the right. Howat's partnership with Rio was excellent, and neither of the other two whether that is Jane or Sarah look to have struck up the same understanding with each other or with Rio.

Maclean is head and shoulders above anyone else in Scottish football in terms of her passing, vision and tactical understanding. She's a massive massive loss to the way we play. Libby Bance has also been injured and is now just coming back too and she's probably the most like for like replacement.
True we have lost many stalwarts.
McLauchlan, Hill, MacLean, Kirsty Howatt, and Mia still starting on the bench?
Anyway time to regroup and go again.
Which I am sure they will.

Has anyone who has purchased tickets for Sunday received tickets for an email with QR codes yet? All I have is the confirmation of payment email and nothing else?

Has anyone who has purchased tickets for Sunday received tickets for an email with QR codes yet? All I have is the confirmation of payment email and nothing else?
I'd email Hearts they normally get back to you very quickly.

Last year it was a mix of QR codes and paper tickets depending on how you bought and / or where you got them from. I've got a paper one for this year but had QR last year.

I'd email Hearts they normally get back to you very quickly.

Last year it was a mix of QR codes and paper tickets depending on how you bought and / or where you got them from. I've got a paper one for this year but had QR last year.
Thank you, I got them from hearts direct so I’ll email them just now

Tomorrow should be a straightforward win, the occasion and the pitch will cause issues for Thistle.

I’ve been concerned about the performances recently, I don’t think Jo has a plan B and the better sides are figuring us out.

On another note, continuing to allow things like teams signing a goalie from your biggest rivals for one game, and that game being a cup final, are the kind of things that will continue to make people not take women’s football seriously.

Tomorrow should be a straightforward win, the occasion and the pitch will cause issues for Thistle.

I’ve been concerned about the performances recently, I don’t think Jo has a plan B and the better sides are figuring us out.

On another note, continuing to allow things like teams signing a goalie from your biggest rivals for one game, and that game being a cup final, are the kind of things that will continue to make people not take women’s football seriously.
Emergency loans for goalkeepers are common enough in the men's game. Only reason they are more noticeable in the women's game is that the teams run with smaller squads so don't tend to carry 3 keepers.

As for tomorrow's game, form suggests it will be tight, after a 1-0 win and a 0-0 draw so far against Partick, but im looking for a response from the team, and I think we will win with a bit to spare.

No shock we have dipped in form with the creativity and numbers lost with Kirsty Howat, then Rachel McLauchlan and then Kirsty Maclean all out of the team for a prolonged spell.

But players like Rio and Rachel Rowe were signed to have a big influence when it matters and expect them to be vital to us winning the trophy tomorrow.

All the plaudits in the world mean nothing at Rangers without the trophies to back it up.

RANGERS: Esson, Hill, Middag, Docherty, Hay, Rowe, Cornet, McLoughlin, McAulay, Ross, Hardy.

SUBS: Fife, Howat, Bance, Arnot, Austin, Ewens, Martinez, McLeary.

Back