Real Madrid Tickets

SLO, on Twitter 2 minutes ago - fans who have signed up for all home games on season ticket may still receive a Madrid tickets even if they have had Arsenal- ballot is still ongoing

Been travelling all day so missed this. No emails for us for either game, but we did get Arsenal but didn’t purchase as we couldn’t go. We are MyGers and ticketed friendlies for CCCS.

Gutted not to be at any of the games, especially with Blackpool cancelled, but ce la vie.

That still reads you only get 1 out of Brighton and Madrid.

He says people still may receive emails for the Brighton and/or Real Madrid games implying people could still get both games? Just don't see how that's possible with the amount of tickets that have already been dished out on such a small allocation.

No always been a club employee role for years. Jim Hannah did it for years
Partially right, partially wrong.

it’s a mandated position that the club seem to fund.

Essentially still as a middle man between club and fans

Who says that the people who are being offered the tickets didn't want to go?

I'm not in the cccs for the simple reason that I am not interested in going to Hampden not because I don't go to every home game (which I do).

All signing up to the cccs does is tell the club to automatically take money out of your account not to put you ahead of fellow season ticket holders for games at Ibrox.

A fact some seem to be missing.
“Season ticket holders enrolled in the home friendly scheme and MyGers members will again be given priority to this weekend’s friendlies.”

Club statement this morning. Seems strange if the CCCS is just a scheme for them to take money out of your account ?

Reactions: SE5
Partially right, partially wrong.

it’s a mandated position that the club seem to fund.

Essentially still as a middle man between club and fans

Its not, he is a club employee.

He took over from Jim Hannah, new funding offsets etc are irrelevant.

Seems that either the SLO, or the Club don't seem to comprehend the difference between the

All Non Season Ticket Home Matches CCCS

and the

Home Friendlies CCCS

@Greg Marshall

Why was the ballot held amongst the former, when the latter exists?

He does have a tough gig, but earlier he posted those who went to Arsenal are out the ballot for Madrid, then he's contradicted himself a few minutes ago saying that's not the case.

Just making up as they go along, our ticket office is on par with a junior team it's genuinely embarrassing.

I'm not in the cccs for the simple reason that I am not interested in going to Hampden not because I don't go to every home game (which I do).

All signing up to the cccs does is tell the club to automatically take money out of your account not to put you ahead of fellow season ticket holders for games at Ibrox.

Incorrect.
Signing up for the home CCCS and the home friendlies means you are committing to pay for games regardless of when they are or who the opposition.
The reward for that is you should get priority for the more attractive games ahead of those who don’t commit to the less attractive games.
These “loyalty” schemes have been in operation for years.
It helps the club budget as they know they are guaranteed the money.
(The bit in bold in your post is nonsense.)

I actually can’t believe there are people defending this! It’s completely and utterly indefensible.

What’s next, people getting allocated tickets for Celtic Park despite not applying for any away tickets?

Its obviously to late to change anything now but would be better if the club actually put their hands up and admitted it’s an embarrassing feck up rather than doubling down.

Do you need your smart card or just the qr code to gain entry. I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if already answered.

I actually can’t believe there are people defending this! It’s completely and utterly indefensible.

What’s next, people getting allocated tickets for Celtic Park despite not applying for any away tickets?

Its obviously to late to change anything now but would be better if the club actually put their hands up and admitted it’s an embarrassing feck up rather than doubling down.

This is what annoys me. Just own up and admit you made an arse of it. Like I do in my work every other week ha.

Do you need your smart card or just the qr code to gain entry. I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if already answered.
You get a q reader code within the confirmation email which gets you entry.

Aye - I'm a STH but not on CCCS, so not really involved, but always feel like if the club would just admit when they make a mistake it would go a long way rather than trying to justify an obvious error like this

Maybe there are more tickets than people who ticked the box. Not everyone goes to friendlies
Nope.
I ticked friendly boxes for all home matches. Always have.

Got one for Arsenal.
Missed out as no emails for Brighton or Madrid. I would have loved to see Rangers v RM.

Last edited:
Absolutely not - and my position on the farce of the Real Madrid ballot is for everyone to see

But the Livi ballot should be a 100% new ballot, done for all STH's, and done from scratch - I'll be disappointed if I miss out on that, but there should be absolutely zero influence of this cock up involved

If 9k ticked for friendlies, then everyone who ticked it should get the option of a madrid ticket. Simple as that.

as for the last paragraph. No, not for me. Two wrongs don’t make a right

Aye, that is fair enough. Was really just offering solutions but I can see the negatives to it as well. Maybe just a lesson to be learned.

That semi finals and finals, this is “all home friendlies” two completely different things.

I’ve been offered the chance to get one as a ST Holder and MyGers member. I didn’t sign up for friendlies.
Not applying therefore and hope someone more deserving will get the chance to attend.
Would you consider purchasing it and I can send over money for it?

The whole system is clouded in mystery for me.

More so now that the MyGers shite has been added into the equation.

I’ve been fortunate (probably not considering results) to have picked tickets for games where I know there are guys who have been season ticket holders for longer than myself...it does seem skewed at times.

“Season ticket holders enrolled in the home friendly scheme and MyGers members will again be given priority to this weekend’s friendlies.”

Club statement this morning. Seems strange if the CCCS is just a scheme for them to take money out of your account ?
They’ve literally done the opposite - it should read

“Season ticket holders enrolled in the home friendly scheme and MyGers members will again be given priority to Saturday’s friendly, Sunday’s game will not be available for you to purchase”

Even although I got my email through saying I've been successful in the ballot, when it comes to paying it says I need to buy "2 requirement!"
Does anyone have the feintest clue what that means?
Help!

There was literally a box for 'All Home Friendlies'

That is a separate thing from CCCS

Await further uproar when the people who got a Real Madrid tickets who weren't signed up for friendlies then have them took away again B-D

I’m another that got a Real ticket but didn’t sign up to friendly matches.

Nope.
I ticked friendly boxes for all home matches. Always have.

Got one for Arsenal.
Missed out as no emails for Brighton or Madrid. I would have loved to see Rangers v RM.

That is utterly ridiculous. An absolute fucking nonsense and I am sorry for you.

I’ve already had my own dealings with Rangers ticket office this close season where they have, and they can contact me if they wish, told lies and then had to just see it through even when pointed out it was in writing.

I used to think they did a decent job(at times) under difficult circumstances.

But no, they are an incompetent joke at best and not becoming of the football club.

We ticked all boxes including friendlies, we both got tickets for Brighton. Did this rule us out of the RM ballot? If so, I don't see much benefit in ticking the friendlies box.
That aside, can't wait to get back to Ibrox on Saturday - Leverkusen seems a distant memory now.

Am I misunderstanding as there seems to be a lot of claim and counter claim

the way I’m reading it is everyone who ticked home friendlies has been offered arsenal, Brighton or Real Madrid. However as there are more tickets than people who ticked the box the next step of the ballot goes to MyGers members?

the way I’m reading it is everyone who ticked home friendlies has been offered arsenal, Brighton or Real Madrid. However as there are more tickets than people who ticked the box the next step of the ballot goes to MyGers members?
yes

But we ticked all home friendlies, not 1 of a selection.

We'd all expect that if an individual game the number on the scheme outweighed the number of available tickets it would be balloted - in a similar vein to how the old away scheme worked

If there are enough tickets to give out to those who haven't ticked the box - these should have initially been balloted to those who ticked the box in the first instance. For every game

Not just, you got Brighton, so you're out of Real Madrid

As a previous poster said:

"You tick the box to guarantee your ticket - if capacity is less than the number wanting one then you run a ballot

But you don't ballot outside of those who have ticked the box til after you have offered everyone who has ticked the box to guarantee a ticket an offer."

Back