RTV - Welcome Gio behind the scenes

Excellent production

What’s very telling for me is that his family, particularly his wife, looks genuinely happy about it

I don’t think Gerrard’s wife ever attended a match whereas Gio’s mrs has been over, been to a match etc and no doubt move over with him which will help
In fairness Gerard’s wife attended majority of matches in first 2 seasons.

That was a great watch. We do have a club and those who run it who just exude class. Who wouldn't be impressed and buzzing to be a part of it in any capacity.

That was BRILLIANT.

Seriously - need to watch that.

Gio has been Arsenal, Barcelona etc winning Champions League, La Liga, EPL etc.
Captained Holland in a world cup final.
But to see his face in that video walking around Auchenhowie and Ibrox Stadium. Like he’s awestruck. He was impressed by the facilities.

One of his backroom staff shouts “THIS FEELING” on seeing our stadium from pitch.

Gio gets his own phone out, stands with his wife and son in front of the welcome signage and gets someone to take pics of himself, his wife and son on his own phone.

Gio, his staff and family all look invested. No egos. All look really excited and delighted to be here.
Great summary - couldn't agree more. An excellent production from RTV.

GVB is just so straightforward, no bull, no cliched phrases or buzz words & the Club also came over brilliantly there with a professional & genuine welcome - getting the welcome message on the advertising boards was a great touch & they all seemed genuinely thrilled by it.

Roll on tomorrow at 12!!

you can ram all those modern stadiums, when you clap eyes on Ibrox, no matter where you've played, you are still in awe of it, I mean these dutch fellows have been swimming in the big leagues most their careers, and it still gets them, here's what he said about Ibrox in the past

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2278624/van-bronckhorst-Ibrox-scares-ruud

Last edited:
That was a delight. My goodness the place looks phenomenal!
Stevie G, his backroom team and the wider Rangers machine have done a magnificent job getting us to this point. I‘m sure the ‘hate him now’ nonsense won‘t last long. Just hard to lose something so good I think.
But it’s plain to see what has been achieved and for me we should fully appreciate the previous era with the class that Douglas Park mentions.
As others have said, it feels absolutely right that Geo takes up the mantle now and carries us onto the next glorious chapter.
I have nowt but good will towards Gerrard and Co, he left us in a better place than when he found us, you can't ask for more than that tbh

….What I liked, Dougie Park, he almost sounded emotional while doing his speech. He is a very successful business man, and was like most of us would have been!
Definitely emotional. But understandable given events past over the last two weeks. The man bleeds red, white and blue.

We‘ve ended up gaining, when for a short period it looked as though we had lost a lot.

Loved that, absolutely worth 6 quid a month to see productions like that.

Some one shouting 'This Feeling!' on looking around Ibrox reminds me of the video that Tony Polsters wife done when leaving for the last time, something similar like 'This Place' there's no other feeling like it.
Obviously the place has changed a bit since Gio was last here, I think it's safe to say he and his team were suitably impressed.

Does his boy play football? I know Claudio Reynas boy does, and is quite highly thought of.

Last edited:
The difference at Ibrox and Auchenhowie between 2013 and now is night and day. Just 100% professionalism and quality throughout.
It's unbelievable. I actually think it's since Gerrard came in that they really fixed Auchenhowie up. I remember under Warburton that the place was a mess with rusty roofs and just looked run down.

Last edited:
I LOVED that.

New manager and his family coming in for a look around for the first time and Hagi goes over and introduces himself to them all.

And he’s just a young lad. Class.
Might also be that he was in doing extra work too that’s what SG said of him in earlier interviews .

Great young lad amazing player

Me. Just watched it again now when I’ve seen this thread.

Great video. Although I don’t really trust Danny that works in the kitchen. My spidey senses are tingling at “Danny”, “ginger” and “speccy”. I’d get rid. B-D

Nice to see the coffee machine get a shout out as well.
The coffee machine that dishes out Mexican laboratory caffeine.

The woman in the kitchen that welcomes Gio back has staunch shoes.

Great to see the club move into a new era as a professional well organised and run institution. Watching Gio, his family, his staff wander round in awe, I think as a unit, they will give a hell of a lot more than we may expect to be part of our great club and its history

Just one of those videos that makes u puff your chest out and beam with pride

From the small things to the welcome messaging at Ibrox to the big important world class facilities we are smashing it.

I liked when he looked at the mural with wee Dick holding the trophy aloft and then later at Dicks picture on the wall, he appeared to be looking at them fondly and with pride, almost like it was bringing back memories to where it all began.

That was BRILLIANT.

Seriously - need to watch that.

Gio has been Arsenal, Barcelona etc winning Champions League, La Liga, EPL etc.
Captained Holland in a world cup final.
But to see his face in that video walking around Auchenhowie and Ibrox Stadium. Like he’s awestruck. He was impressed by the facilities.

One of his backroom staff shouts “THIS FEELING” on seeing our stadium from pitch.

Gio gets his own phone out, stands with his wife and son in front of the welcome signage and gets someone to take pics of himself, his wife and son on his own phone.

Gio, his staff and family all look invested. No egos. All look really excited and delighted to be here.
Guido Albers

By all accounts a maniac in the very best sense of the word possible

SG brought standards which had fallen away at times over the last 10 years.
What a good manager does in football or in business. They bring their skills and knowledge. SG had influence in upgrading the dressing room, the new dining room and staff areas in the stadium and bringing Auchenhowie up to a level it should be at. With him working at Liverpools training centre he would have had good ideas on just what we needed.

When Auchenhowie was first built it was one of the leading training facilities in Europe if not the world. It just got left behind over the years for obvious reasons.

Back