RTV

Anyone having problems even logging in!
Have you logged in on other devices lately (phone, laptop etc)? If so, the site likes to lock you out if it senses something odd.

Password reset (click "Forgot my password") is normally the quickest fix

I gave up trying to watch via the app on my iPad (have found of late it’s the best picture quality with no stuttering or buffering), it’s been hellish. Logged out of the app and back into the app on my iPhone. Chrome casting from there to my tv and it’s much more stable. Picture quality is a bit crap though.

Just sharing in case it helps anyone else.

More broadly, they need to do better.

It seems even further behind live play than normal.

Usually betting/google alerts are about 10 seconds ahead of a goal at most. Now its about a minute and a half

Have you logged in on other devices lately (phone, laptop etc)? If so, the site likes to lock you out if it senses something odd.

Password reset (click "Forgot my password") is normally the quickest fix
I installed chrome and after going through forgotten password, couldn’t obtain even the supplied redirected address,RTV is hopeless.

No problems with Rangers TV today, apart from a failure to show replays of some of the dodgy offside calls from the linesmen. It appears to be a deliberate policy to not replay offside calls.

I installed chrome and after going through forgotten password, couldn’t obtain even the supplied redirected address,RTV is hopeless.
Why did you have to go down the Forgotten Password route mate? Generally only necessary if you’ve logged in on too many devices, i.e. more than one.

Something went oops today at about 1450hrs and was easily resolved for most of us by either logging out (if you were able) and then logging in again. As it happens, I couldn’t log out - so simply closed the page then cleared cache/cookies and restarted the browser. Logged in again and everything was fine.

Perfect for me today, no issues signing in to my season ticket subscription despite having many problems before.

Had to watch the last 25 minutes on the phone RTV just cut off
Given RangersTV was still working via your phone then it suggests it was an issue with your device surely? Did you try a refresh?

There was certainly a widespread issue not long before kick off today but easily resolved via logging out and in again. For most.

Why did you have to go down the Forgotten Password route mate? Generally only necessary if you’ve logged in on too many devices, i.e. more than one.

Something went oops today at about 1450hrs and was easily resolved for most of us by either logging out (if you were able) and then logging in again. As it happens, I couldn’t log out - so simply closed the page then cleared cache/cookies and restarted the browser. Logged in again and everything was fine.
One of the well told threads is re log in through forgotten passwords that I tried without succes.

One of the well told threads is re log in through forgotten passwords that I tried without succes.
Yeah mate, Forgotten Password routine if you get a message saying ‘too many logins’. Not required otherwise.

If your login simply isn’t being recognised, even after a password reset, then it’s a bit more than that. You’re not on a mobile device are you? Phone or tablet? On many of them when you enter your password (and you can’t see it because you only see the *) it auto capitalises the first letter/number input. So if your password begins with s (lower case) it will be auto-capitalised to S (upper case). That’s enough to see your password rejected.

If you’re not on mobile/tablet I have no idea. You said you couldn’t access the ‘supplied re-directed address’. Not sure what you mean. When you asked for a password reset you should have got a link to reset the password. Do you mean you couldn’t access that reset page?

Is there a delay on RTV ? Must be
I was watching the game on my tablet but I had the main TV on Sky sports news & up pops our score 1-0 ,when RTV still had us at 0-0 not too disappointed but when we got the penalty , I couldn't help looking at the big screen & thinking Tav,s missed it .
Switched the tele off after that, its the first time I realised there was a delay ???

Is there a delay on RTV ? Must be
I was watching the game on my tablet but I had the main TV on Sky sports news & up pops our score 1-0 ,when RTV still had us at 0-0 not too disappointed but when we got the penalty , I couldn't help looking at the big screen & thinking Tav,s missed it .
Switched the tele off after that, its the first time I realised there was a delay ???
There’s a delay on ANY internet stream mate, not just RangersTV. Same on SkyGo and BTSport website. Can vary from a few seconds to about a minute on RangersTV. If you’re on an illegal stream its often 3-4 minutes behind.

Switch off notifications/tv and concentrate on the match. Easy solution.

A bit of buffering today which I've just got used to. Definitely an RTV issue because other websites I use for movies, video live stream rarely if ever given me the same problem. In saying that, maybe its the vpn.

A bit of buffering today which I've just got used to. Definitely an RTV issue because other websites I use for movies, video live stream rarely if ever given me the same problem. In saying that, maybe its the vpn.
Didn’t need a VPN today mate. Only time you need it for a home game is if it’s on Sky. For this season at least.

And yes, a VPN, if used, can screw your download speed. The better the VPN the less impact it has on speed.

RTV on theAmazon firestick work's OK for me. The quality is not bad but it's like it's a wee bit jumpy and grainy but without ever cutting out if that makes sense.

There’s a delay on ANY internet stream mate, not just RangersTV. Same on SkyGo and BTSport website. Can vary from a few seconds to about a minute on RangersTV. If you’re on an illegal stream its often 3-4 minutes behind.

Switch off notifications/tv and concentrate on the match. Easy solution.

This, my mate watches on streams so I dont text him when we score because he is always behind RTV.

This, my mate watches on streams so I dont text him when we score because he is always behind RTV.
Yup. My mate is a Motherwell fan but watched our game today on a dodgy stream. We were exchanging messages and it became apparent that his stream was at least 3 minutes behind the RangersTV stream. Not only that, his stream jumped a full minute at one point and he missed the Jack goal ha ha.

Yeah mate, Forgotten Password routine if you get a message saying ‘too many logins’. Not required otherwise.

If your login simply isn’t being recognised, even after a password reset, then it’s a bit more than that. You’re not on a mobile device are you? Phone or tablet? On many of them when you enter your password (and you can’t see it because you only see the *) it auto capitalises the first letter/number input. So if your password begins with s (lower case) it will be auto-capitalised to S (upper case). That’s enough to see your password rejected.

If you’re not on mobile/tablet I have no idea. You said you couldn’t access the ‘supplied re-directed address’. Not sure what you mean. When you asked for a password reset you should have got a link to reset the password. Do you mean you couldn’t access that reset page?
Posted you, plus yes, pressed reset page came up words to the effect unavailable?

RTV on theAmazon firestick work's OK for me. The quality is not bad but it's like it's a wee bit jumpy and grainy but without ever cutting out if that makes sense.

I watched today on the Firestick (Silk browser) and after the wee blip pre-match, it was flawless for the rest of the game.

Posted you, plus yes, pressed reset page came up words to the effect unavailable?
Sent you a PM mate before I saw this reply. Very odd that the Password Reset page wouldn’t load. Never come across that one before. I did have one instance where I was doing a reset and the reset email took a while to come through - so when I tried to reset it said ‘time expired’ or something and I had to go through the process again.

Back