Ryan Jack must be close to a return now. Surely?

Think it's a last chance scenario for Jack this season. Great footballer when fit but we cannot rely on him anymore and pay him good wages with zero I'm return in terms of appearances.

With the style of play he has, being injured for long periods does not bode well. Love Jack when fit but will he every be fit fully again? I doubt it unfortunately

we could be looking at a major rebuild next season , jacks a good player when fit but missing half a season is not value for money
we should be signing at least one midfielder of quality in january to let them bed in for next season as chances are davis might retire, kamara sold and jacks constant injurys and thats only in the midfield area

In place of who?

Would be in before all of them. Same as Gerrard done this time last season. First name on the team sheet, certainly in midfield. That doesn’t mean I don’t rate Kamara, Davis or Aribo, I think they’re superstars, but I rate Jack that highly. He is absolutely vital in what we do. The way he covers the full backs is irreplaceable within our squad.

Apparently the long term knee issue is as strong as it’s been. He was getting back to fitness when he’s had a couple of unrelated muscle tweaks that have set him back. Suppose to be quite common after a long time out. I think Gerrard mentioned a small set back in his recovery so I think that’s what he was referring to.
It wasn't a knee issue he was out with.

Jack deserves patience and every opportunity to get back fully fit and back in the team.

He's been one of Gerrard's top generals and he won't 'cut him loose' until he's been given a fair crack of the whip to restart his career.

Jack deserves patience and every opportunity to get back fully fit and back in the team.

He's been one of Gerrard's top generals and he won't 'cut him loose' until he's been given a fair crack of the whip to restart his career.
Always thought he should be our captain, but maybe injuries stopped that.

New Rossiter 7-10 days is snide for what Ryan Jack did for us last season and before . Hate that folk are saying he finished

In what way is it snide?

Jack was supposed to be back months ago, then there was a setback, then another, and another.

Exactly the same stuff we used to hear with Rossiter.

Didn’t Gerrard basically say don’t read too much into him being in the Euro squad ie he was only there to fill out the Scottish quota
If that really is the case, which I doubt, it would be a complete waste of a jersey. Put a home grown youth in, at least then he can actually play if we have another injury/covid crisis.

I see since we’ve put a couple of wins together the eternal pessimists can’t moan about that so have taken to moaning about injuries now, Ryan jack rarely ever drops off performance levels when he comes back from an injury so I really doubt it’ll happen this time either.

Ryan Jack was my favourite player/midfielder at one point and now I don’t think he’ll ever be a main player for us again - 2021 Kevin Thomson he’s beyond serious repair I think, hope to God I am wrong though.

How is it pish?

When is the last time we've been able to rely on Ryan Jack?
2019, even before then he was injured a bit,

But in the last year or so, he’s hardly kicked a ball. Injuries have fucked it. Two years now left. If he makes it back great, if he doesn’t feature much this season then look to move on. We have as a team anyway overall imo

Heard a rumour he tweaked his calf after a heavy session this week.

These sort of injuries do occur when coming back after a long lay off and intensity ramps up.
1*bGSJF021lB__b5AXMBOMug.gif

If that really is the case, which I doubt, it would be a complete waste of a jersey. Put a home grown youth in, at least then he can actually play if we have another injury/covid crisis.
Home grown youth are in by default. By taking Jack out we actually lose a place for another player as he adds to the trained pool I’m sure. Gerrard said the likes of Jack and McGregor will always be included regardless. I think they don’t take up a space and having more homegrown players actually gives us more spaces, even if they won’t play. The homegrown youth boys are on a B team and can be drafted in whenever so Jack isn’t taking their space as such.

Seems like he’s been out for ages but I’m sure the medical team and the player himself will do what’s right. No point in rushing back early only to make any injury worse.

I am sure he is back to full training.
Is there any update as to when he can return properly?

Hasn't played since February, cannot see him being match fit to take part in a competitive game for a good bit of time, would be surprised if seen before November.

Jack's ability or importance (when fit)to the team isn't in question.

His ability to remain fit sadly is.

It's now over 4 years here and he's missed over 40% of our matches.

At some stage we're going to need to seriously think about a possible long term replacement.

feels like hes been away for so long
He has , am afraid the lad is done at this level probably could play on for years at a lesser team but us being the top end of level in Scotland to many games & to physical for him now as he just keeps picking up injuries.

Ryan Jack I can take or leave tbh.

Sometimes I think he's meh and other times when he's in the mood and gets on the ball he literally allows us to play 10 yards further up the pitch and looks a player.

Think he's quite over-rated at times tbh and Davis & Kamara are much better players but if we can get him fit again and back to form there's no way I'd be cutting him loose. I want him for the squad.
As much as I agree with some of what your saying, jack clearly isn’t as talented as kamara and Davis, But he knows what gerrard expects from him and he does it well. Didn’t like him as our deepest midfielder don’t think he reads game well enough or has range of passing. As a ball winner, covering ground he’s very good at his job

In what way is it snide?

Jack was supposed to be back months ago, then there was a setback, then another, and another.

Exactly the same stuff we used to hear with Rossiter
Ask yourself who has done more for Rangers Rossiter or Jack ?
That's snide ...it's common for players to get injured then have set backs in their their recovery.

Last edited:
Is he even going to be the same player when he comes back? It’s a long time out, may also find himself being a bit like other players with recurrent long term injuries whereby the fear of another injury actually hinders how he plays his game.
He's not been out that long :)

Sure he'll be better if he's fully fit

I honestly don’t think he’s every gonna recover injury wise. Anytime he’s asked to up his training/playing time he’s constantly breaks down. He’s not exactly getting younger again I hope I’m proved wrong but I can’t see him being a big player for us going forward.

Jack's ability or importance (when fit)to the team isn't in question.

His ability to remain fit sadly is.

It's now over 4 years here and he's missed over 40% of our matches.

At some stage we're going to need to seriously think about a possible long term replacement.
It’s weird how some fans would have a go at your for saying that, but it’s pretty much spot on.

I think it would be appropriate for Rangers, on their official club website, to have a section specifically devoted to the status of injured players, containing info such as their current rehab progress and estimated date of return

A fit RJ starts all the big games, it’d be a cert that Jack-Davis-Kamara would be starting against Lyon if he was available and we’d have a better chance of getting a result if he was.

Whether he can get and maintain fitness levels required is one for the medical staff and something no one on FF is knowledgeable enough to comment on.

Gerrard has stated they weren’t rushing him back and 5/6 days ago said he was in a positive place. They believe the knee issue was due to calf damage and the surgery has cured it.

Once back fit and in form he walks into our midfield.

Also Gerrard said in the same interview that Ofoborh is getting his return date this week after getting the green light to return.

Gerrard has stated they weren’t rushing him back and 5/6 days ago said he was in a positive place. They believe the knee issue was due to calf damage and the surgery has cured it.

Once back fit and in form he walks into our midfield.

Also Gerrard said in the same interview that Ofoborh is getting his return date this week after getting the green light to return.
Agreed.
Gerrard loves him, he's obviously getting the best of treatment and hopefully will be back soon. In my opinion he walks into the team. Davis, Jack, Kamara our best midfield. No one wants to be injured and hopefully it all turns out well for the lad and he is back to his best giving 100% for THE RANGERS.

Ask yourself who has done more for Rangers Rossiter or Jack ?
That's snide ...it's common for players to get injured then have set backs in their their recovery .

At no point was I comparing their careers at Rangers so that's a strange point to make.

Jack is injury prone, the way Rossiter was. That's all there was to my comment.

At no point was I comparing their careers at Rangers so that's a strange point to make.

Jack is injury prone, the way Rossiter was. That's all there was to my comment.
You compared Ryan Jack with Rossiter which is a strange point to make seeing as one has played a pivatol role in our progression under Gerrard and ultimately won us 55, to Rossiter who hardly played for us then left . Very very strange comparison

Back