Ryan Kent - 4 Year Deal - £7m - Confirmed!

Yea it was a strange one for Aribo, he did lose a few 50/50's but he also got back and won a few aswell, i am not concerned about Aribo at all, it was a massive shock to him as he has never played anything like the cauldron of an old firm.

He has lots of ability and we just have to be a bit patient with him

Spot on Recoba, bigger more experienced names than his have froze on that stage.

Remember the Dutch contingents first game against them?

Spot on Recoba, bigger more experienced names than his have froze on that stage.

Remember the Dutch contingents first game against them?
Yes i do mate, it was even worse he was played out of position aswell on his debut

Really annoying but we need to stay focussed and keep winning until we play them again in the Cup

Having Kent back is huge for us, the swagger and confidence he had at the end of his spell with us compared to when he first signed was there for all to see.

Great to have Kent back.He isn't going to win trophies on his own though,he will undoubtedly improve the starting lineup but it's up to the others (and I include the management team in this) to collectively up their game from that utter shambles yesterday.We can't put that kind of pressure on Kent's shoulders.He is a flair player and will have good days and not so good days .Lets not go overboard here

I genuinely don’t think he was trying to be too clever, it was 10 of the same starting line up from May, except Aribo for Kent.

The main mistake was thinking Aribo could play that position and offer anything like Kent did in a position that clearly didn’t suit him.

I’ve seen folk say he was ‘scared’ or ‘shat it’, I don’t think thats the case at all, he just misjudged it and coupled with nearly every player having a stinker it was just a really bad day all round.

In all honesty, my first reaction to the line up was the opposite to “he’s shat it”, I don’t believe Gerrard fears them, instead I thought it was arrogance. “We can mix it up and stick our best player on the bench and still cope fine” sort of deal.

Either way, no pace and Defoe isolated, it was a big blunder.

Yes i do mate, it was even worse he was played out of position aswell on his debut

Really annoying but we need to stay focussed and keep winning until we play them again in the Cup

Having Kent back is huge for us, the swagger and confidence he had at the end of his spell with us compared to when he first signed was there for all to see.

No doubt bud, double the efforts until they come around again.

I think Kent is a bit like Gazza was, just wanted somewhere to call his and a club and fans to call his own. He probably knew he was onto plums at Liverpool when he arrived at us, and by the end knew he was adored here and had a good coaching team around him.

It should be a win win scenario for all involved.

In all honesty, my first reaction to the line up was the opposite to “he’s shat it”, I don’t believe Gerrard fears them, instead I thought it was arrogance. “We can mix it up and stick our best player on the bench and still cope fine” sort of deal.

He over thought it, tried something different and it didn't work - at all. It's funny as I've often said he needs to be more versatile in his tactics, but for the Tims we needed tried and tested.

He over thought it, tried something different and it didn't work - at all. It's funny as I've often said he needs to be more versatile in his tactics, but for the Tims we needed tried and tested.

He got it spectacularly wrong. The bottom line for me is that you simply don’t change your winning formula for the biggest game, you especially don’t drop your best player right after he’s bagged a huge match winning goal. There’s some hypocrisy with the Aribo situation too, he claimed coaches were irresponsible with McCrorie because they played him at centre half and he’s a young player who needs protecting; but he didn’t half pick a rotten match to go sticking Aribo in an awkward and unfamiliar position, and as a result he’s paid the price and the lads already been described as “this seasons Coulibaly” by psychos.

People keep saying “it was only one change from the 2-0 game last season”, but the the crucial detail is the league was over by that point and Celtic played with a fraction of the intensity. The sooner people realise the winning streak at the tail end of the season isn’t what it’s made out to be, the better. Winning when there’s nothing on the line is much easier than winning when everything is on the line.

Or he's not overly impressed with his wide options? Ojo's form had been poor and he recently had a bruised heel.

Jones was poor agaisnt St. Mirren and against stuffy opposition he's not at his best. Maybe that was a factor?

Plenty said Aribo could play wide left or in behind the striker. We tried that and it never worked.

Why he never started Morelos I will never know?

He got it spectacularly wrong. The bottom line for me is that you simply don’t change your winning formula for the biggest game, you especially don’t drop your best player right after he’s bagged a huge match winning goal. There’s some hypocrisy with the Aribo situation too, he claimed coaches were irresponsible with McCrorie because they played him at centre half and he’s a young player who needs protecting; but he didn’t half pick a rotten match to go sticking Aribo in an awkward and unfamiliar position, and as a result he’s paid the price and the lads already been described as “this seasons Coulibaly” by psychos.

People keep saying “it was only one change from the 2-0 game last season”, but the the crucial detail is the league was over by that point and Celtic played with a fraction of the intensity. The sooner people realise the winning streak at the tail end of the season isn’t what it’s made out to be, the better. Winning when there’s nothing on the line is much easier than winning when everything is on the line.

He got it wrong, but had so many players not have had stinkers, inexplicably all at the same time, we’d have made a far better fist of it.

I read something on Twitter that the idea was we would play centrally as SG wanted to target their CBs who he thought were weak. His plan was Defoe's movement would drag them out of position and leave space for Arfield and Aribo to exploit through the middle.
It at least offered somewhat of an explanation (if that was indeed the intention) but was still extremely naive considering Arfield hasn't been able to kick his own arse for weeks, Aribo was being played out of position in his OF game and if you're going to target their CBs then Morelos is by far the better option. That's without mentioning the fact they rate that Boli c*nt about as much as we rated Russell Martin, so to not have a runner at him was just retarded.
If we're to win the league then SG needs to be better than TLB in these fixtures, and on Sunday he let Lemon get the better of him.

I thought that after the first game against them last season.

Right after playing away in Russia on the Thursday,I kind of understood that one to a degree playing at their place as we might have ran out of legs in that game.
Sunday was a big mistake,he better learn from that and I am sure he will have.

He got it wrong, but had so many players not have had stinkers, inexplicably all at the same time, we’d have made a far better fist of it.

I think if Goldson doesn’t give them a freebie there’s a chance it fizzles out at 0-0 or we can still nick a winner. The freebie and the piss poor line up together done us in. I think if he’d picked a better line up and we’d started well confidence would have risen, but the players never really recovered, which of course doesn’t reflect well on them either.

I think if Goldson doesn’t give them a freebie there’s a chance it fizzles out at 0-0 or we can still nick a winner. The freebie and the piss poor line up together done us in. I think if he’d picked a better line up and we’d started well confidence would have risen, but the players never really recovered, which of course doesn’t reflect well on them either.
I was in the Govan Rear and had a perfect view of Tav asking for the pass to be played even though it was never on Goldson played it anyway.

Lat time we got beat 2-1 Tav made a huge mistake

This time Goldson made a huge mistake

It can't happen again this season, these games are too important for stupid mistakes like this, its not asking much to expect our defenders to play a pass if its on or boot it forward if its not, the pass was never on and ill never know why Goldson thought it was.

Also Katic should have gone towards Edouard rather than trying to play offside.

I was in the Govan Rear and had a perfect view of Tav asking for the pass to be played even though it was never on Goldson played it anyway.

Lat time we got beat 2-1 Tav made a huge mistake

This time Goldson made a huge mistake

It can't happen again this season, these games are too important for stupid mistakes like this, its not asking much to expect our defenders to play a pass if its on or boot it forward if its not, the pass was never on and ill never know why Goldson thought it was.

Katic should have gone towards Edouard aswell rather than trying to play offside.

Worst bit is it’s the only pass Goldson undercooked all game, every other pass he seemed to overhit and send flying into the stands. Hopeless.

You’re right though, our players seem to make suicidal mistakes at the most inopportune moments.

Not playing Morelos from the start when he’d just scored probably his most important goal for us and would have been buzzing was just ridiculous.

But hey ho, its done, hopefully he doesn’t try something so daft ever again.

Worst bit is it’s the only pass Goldson undercooked all game, every other pass he seemed to overhit and send flying into the stands. Hopeless.

You’re right though, our players seem to make suicidal mistakes at the most inopportune moments.
There was literally 2 Celtic players infront of Tav blocking him, there was no space whatsoever to get the ball to him.

I know i am repeating myself but the more you think about it the more it drives you crazy :mad:

You are right about the overhit passes, that’s how you know it was a bad day for us because we rarely do that

There was literally 2 Celtic players infront of Tav blocking him, there was no space whatsoever to get the ball to him.

I know i am repeating myself but the more you think about it the more it drives you crazy :mad:

You are right about the overhit passes, that’s how you know it was a bad day for us because we rarely do that

Goldson usually has at least one brain fart a game, difference is the poets can move the ball quickly enough to punish it.

I never even made it to 10pm on this thread last night got to my kip at 1am Monday morning pished up 5 hours later for work struggled through the day home and crashed out around 9:30 pm

I'd like to see the Helander / Katic partnership given a run out

Goldson for me is a better all round player than Katic.
Katic is a warrior who’ll head his granny, but he makes rash mistakes.

They’ll rotate anyway once Gerrard feels Helander is fit. Edmundson looked good as well.

Yeah thats part of it too.

Don't think it should be understated how much that was a part of it.

The winning formula was changed to the extent it stifled our better players into having very ordinary and, in some cases, poor games. Almost none of our better players got going due the tims high press, which had a huge ripple effect on other individuals and ultimately the overall team performance.

Playing against them with width, pace and high pressing has shown on at least 5-7 occasions in the last 12 months wins the game.

Still irks me that their new makeshift defence is being lauded from the game despite being hardly tested.

Goldson usually has at least one brain fart a game, difference is the poets can move the ball quickly enough to punish it.

They did that in the 2-1 game at the piggery too. Tav cùnts the pass and within seconds they’ve whipped the ball into the exposed area and given us no chance to recover.

That’s how clinical we’ll have to be, and on top of that we really need to stop gift wrapping them goals.

I want to see Helander get a run of games, he is an international and has played at the highest level in Serie A.

As much as Goldson and Katic started the season well its quite clear from Sunday's showing they are not bombproof and Helander deserves a run of games.

I’m a long term lurker who’s just registered and got posting rights. I was hitting refresh on this thread right up until after 12 last night and several times I nearly woke the missus up with laughing at some of the comments. Hope the boy that was up to his 49th toss off isn’t in A&E today

Goldson for me is a better all round player than Katic.
Katic is a warrior who’ll head his granny, but he makes rash mistakes.

They’ll rotate anyway once Gerrard feels Helander is fit. Edmundson looked good as well.
I agree. Goldson had a howler with his distribution on Sunday but he's still the better defender imo. Love Katic but I noticed he struggled a little but against the physicality of Edouard when he came on whereas Goldson has a but more of a physical presence that he can use to his advantage.

giphy.gif

i'm beginning to think that the squad thought as much about the starting 11 as we did. if they thought it wasn't going to work then that could play on their mind psychologically.

Back