Ryan Kent - 4 Year Deal - £7m - Confirmed!

I want to see Helander get a run of games, he is an international and has played at the highest level in Serie A.

As much as Goldson and Katic started the season well its quite clear from Sunday's showing they are not bombproof and Helander deserves a run of games.

Worth remembering in the OF game that both our CBS made pretty bad mistakes. Goldson's was probably worse, but later on katic gave the ball away and Goldson actually bailed him out.
Saying that i think it's Goldson who should get a turn on the bench. Katic has been in great form and Goldson has had a mistake like that in him for a while.

I’m a long term lurker who’s just registered and got posting rights. I was hitting refresh on this thread right up until after 12 last night and several times I nearly woke the missus up with laughing at some of the comments. Hope the boy that was up to his 49th toss off isn’t in A&E today

I’m still waiting for the wee black boy fae France

Worth remembering in the OF game that both our CBS made pretty bad mistakes. Goldson's was probably worse, but later on katic gave the ball away and Goldson actually bailed him out.
Saying that i think it's Goldson who should get a turn on the bench. Katic has been in great form and Goldson has had a mistake like that in him for a while.
Agreed, i would also like to see what King can do, he has played at the highest level and is only 30.

I am not worried yet and wanting the whole team changed but we must look at other options and give others a chance

giphy.gif

Agreed, i would also like to see what King can do, he has played at the highest level and is only 30.

I am not worried yet and wanting the whole team changed but we must look at other options and give others a chance
Keep forgetting about King lad likes a shot at goal from outside the box and has won titles before he could end up being a key player for us once he's settled

When you just look at the stats it appears to be a lot of money, im not just talking goals and assists but the more in-depth stats such as XG, XA, Turnovers, successful dribble etc, he doesn't actually rank very highly in the SPL list from last season, for example, he was ranked 14th for expected goals and 2 st in expected assists.

However this is where stats don't really tell the full story, it is a fear factor for teams, he constantly had 2 or 3 men try and mark him, this resulted in space opening up all over the pitch for other players, he maybe didn't get the assist but without him dragging in 2 or 3 players we wouldn't of got some goals. He didn't get as many goals or assists as he would like so he has that to improve, a big outlay but one that was needed I feel.

A %^*& load of their goals against us have come in through Tav`s side, its frightening.
Look at the game Sunday, %^*& all got in Flanagans side. Its a worrying trend that continually pops up against them.

A %^*& load of their goals against us have come in through Tav`s side, its frightening.
Look at the game Sunday, %^*& all got in Flanagans side. Its a worrying trend that continually pops up against them.
The first goal on Sunday is Goldsons fault.

Tav was our only out ball on Sunday, granted he didn't have a great game but when we dont play with any genuine wide players and Flanagan at left back then Tav was the only player trying to drive forward.

The first goal on Sunday is Goldsons fault.

Tav was our only out ball on Sunday, granted he didn't have a great game but when we dont play with any genuine wide players and Flanagan at left back then Tav was the only player trying to drive forward.
Doesn't negate the point i made that a shed load have come in through Tavs side in previous old firms, argument could also be made that Tav was pushed on too far thus leaving the defenders out ball an impossible one, especially when the full midfield was so static.

Doesn't negate the point i made that a shed load have come in through Tavs side in previous old firms, argument could also be made that Tav was pushed on too far thus leaving the defenders out ball an impossible one, especially when the full midfield was so static.
Tav always pushes on , and Jack usually drops back and covers. That's the way we play and the reason he has so many assists.

I was in the Govan Rear and had a perfect view of Tav asking for the pass to be played even though it was never on Goldson played it anyway.

Lat time we got beat 2-1 Tav made a huge mistake

This time Goldson made a huge mistake

It can't happen again this season, these games are too important for stupid mistakes like this, its not asking much to expect our defenders to play a pass if its on or boot it forward if its not, the pass was never on and ill never know why Goldson thought it was.

Also Katic should have gone towards Edouard rather than trying to play offside.

I haven't watched it back, but at the time I thought that Katic was a yard or 2 deeper than the rest of the back 4. Not having a go at Niko as he has been wonderful all season. Like i say would need to watch it back to see exactly what happened...

Tav always pushes on , and Jack usually drops back and covers. That's the way we play and the reason he has so many assists.

Think the point is that Tav sees how heavily they are pressing but still calls for the ball in a tight compromising area leaving us exposed once again against them down his side, if he drops back and takes it short we do not lose that goal, even if Tav goes long down the line then Goldson can try to flight one.
Obviously Goldson should have not passed the ball into that area and the onus is on him completely but its down Tavs side that a lot of their golas have come there is no getting away from it.

Think the point is that Tav sees how heavily they are pressing but still calls for the ball in a tight compromising area leaving us exposed once again against them down his side, if he drops back and takes it short we do not lose that goal, even if Tav goes long down the line then Goldson can try to flight one.
Obviously Goldson should have not passed the ball into that area and the onus is on him completely but its down Tavs side that a lot of their golas have come there is no getting away from it.
There were another 9 players on the park Goldson could have tried to pass to or send it into the corner down the line.

Why you're blaming Tav and turning the Ryan Kent thread into a Tav bashing one is beyond me.

There were another 9 players on the park Goldson could have tried to pass to or send it into the corner down the line.

Why you're blaming Tav and turning the Ryan Kent thread into a Tav bashing one is beyond me.
Im not blaming anyone, why are you continually replying and keeping it going ffs, let others have opinions without sniping.

I haven't watched it back, but at the time I thought that Katic was a yard or 2 deeper than the rest of the back 4. Not having a go at Niko as he has been wonderful all season. Like i say would need to watch it back to see exactly what happened...
He was marginally then tried to stepup but he was just onside, the main issue for me was Goldson attempting a pass that was never on in a million years, Katic could have done better aswell by just tracking him and not trying to play him offside.

Thought this was the Ryan Kent thread?
It is!

Thanks to all the posters that joined in the fun on Monday, thanks to all those that PM'ed me and joined in the fun with my rebuffs (It starts with I actually - you shall remain nameless to protect your dignity :p ) and to those that doubted, shame, shame, shame on you :D

Can't wait for next August :D

For anyone going on about stats

This video tells you everything you need to know about Kent

He drags defences everywhere, he has laid on chance after chance for others to miss, he has been unlucky not to have scored more himself.

He I’ll only get better

It is!

Thanks to all the posters that joined in the fun on Monday, thanks to all those that PM'ed me and joined in the fun with my rebuffs (It starts with I actually - you shall remain nameless to protect your dignity :p ) and to those that doubted, shame, shame, shame on you :D

Cheers Doc, best end to a transfer window in years!

It is!

No January signings!? :eek::D

For anyone going on about stats

This video tells you everything you need to know about Kent

He drags defences everywhere, he has laid on chance after chance for others to miss, he has been unlucky not to have scored more himself.

He looks worth every penny of a £7m player there.

Back