Ryan Kent - 4 Year Deal - £7m - Confirmed!

Yet we spent 3 million on Helander who is a good player but we really should’ve pushed to sign Kent especially with Candeias leaving.
The priority should’ve been a winger to go straight into the first eleven rather than a few decent wingers.

Kent is clearly valued at a lot more than £3m or we’d have tabled an offer. It seems we’re living in a world of fantasy here.

It’s also worth noting that these statements are all made with the benefit of hindsight.

The current board who have underpinned our very existance owe you, me or anybody else on this board nothing. A ridiculous comment.

Ridiculous sense of entitlement.

Can just imagine King et al. discussing it 'aye that nithsdale lad on FF says we can afford it so we better all chip in because we owe it to him'

Perhaps Kent doesn't want to go anywhere on loan; maybe it's in his best interests that he gets a transfer on a three/four contract somewhere and kick on from his season with us. We don't really know for sure why may not have got him for another sesson, but perhaps the player himself wants something more long term.

We have Pedro around 10m to spend in a season we didn’t have Europa group stage money the season before or that season. This season we also increased the season book price and sold more of them which is roughly another 1.5m.

We’ve only spent around 4m in transfer fees this summer.

I don’t see why our budget is so low this summer.
Aribo got a big sign on and is on big wages in order to get him here I'm sure Gerrard mentioned it. We would have also paid a loan fee and cover wages for Ojo

You’re one of these people that thinks this is football manager aren’t you? That they all have a pot of money that pays transfers and that’s all anyone has to worry about. There are no other running costs, the board have no other businesses or financial commitments. And the previous transfer misfires didn’t happen and haven’t cost us substantial money.

You still have no clue and no proof of what is affordable, you’re assuming, nothing more nothing less. You don’t even know that the players value is £7m. The early rumour is that it’s upwards of £8m, and that’s only a rumour.

So essentially you’re sticking the boot into the board AGAIN, based on Chinese whispers. Grow up mate.
You do understand that the people running our club are capable of mistakes don’t you?

Allowing Pedro to waste the guts of 10m is on them. The strip deal is on them. These things affect our budget this summer. Therefore they’ve let us down.

There's obviously a few living in fantasy land on this thread!
How do you close a gap when your opponent has bigger resources?

You find a way of making your pound go further than his pound.

We could do a *lot* worse than looking to other sports (particularly American sports) and looking at how they gain competitive advantages in leagues that are designed to ensure parity.

I dont agree that we couldn’t afford him. I don’t think we should have spent around 4m on two back up centre half’s. I also believe the board owe us after fucking up the kit deal.

Two years in a row to have euro group stage money.

I don’t believe they’ve back Gerrard anywhere near enough.

The board owe us nothing. They know the financial situation of the club

Aye? And that was after she posted the shite suggesting they were headed for Russia if I recall correctly.

He may well end up at Brugge - in fact he probably will - but it would appear their interest is recent rather than long-standing. The 'leaving party', if it happened at all, may simply have been her ceasing work to become a full-time WAG. I wouldn't read too much into shite posted on Instagram and Twitter (or on here quite honestly).
She posted an insta story and a post where she was having a leaving party with her friends. To my knowledge she didn’t have a proper job she’s just a “blogger”.

He is pretty good. Not sure he could make our players pass the ball to a guy wearing the same coloured shirt, though.
The problem was not who wasn't playing, FFS, it was those who were.

We have Pedro around 10m to spend in a season we didn’t have Europa group stage money the season before or that season. This season we also increased the season book price and sold more of them which is roughly another 1.5m.

You do realise that players wages come in to the equation in terms of money that we’ve spent?

There isn’t a big pot of money sitting at Ibrox that we can just use to splurge on transfers whenever we feel like it.

Great to hear it soldier.

First, we'll head to Bruges and liberate Ryan Kent from the clutches of the evil Club Brugge manager... *checks notes* ... Phillippe Clement? Whoever the hell that is.

Second, we march to Brussels and liberate our glorious United Kingdom from the dastardly European Union.

Last, we'll head to Klopp's childhood home in Stuttgart and draw offensive graffiti all over it. Big veiny penises, insults containing the word specky, all the good stuff.

He better no be related to Jérémy Clément :mad:

A nice uplifting development to lift spirits this morning.

We aren’t signing anyone today are we?

We've brought in 8 players and 2 loan players. I'm sure signing on fees and wages mean we have less of a budget.

The board have not failed us for not signing Kent.

The have failed us by promising to fund Gerrard to challenge Celtic. They have failed us by telling porkies though as they don’t have the funds to enable SG to have the quality signings needed to end their title wins.

It is still a bit baffling that Kent is valued so highly by Liverpool and even more bizarre that a Belgian club are willing to meet that valuation.

He has done nothing for them and had two positive loans and two unsuccessful loans.

I know it is often said on here but you really can't say it enough. England is fcuking mental. I think Kent is a smashing footballer and a top guy but I am not sure that I could sanction £7million plus for him.

You do understand that the people running our club are capable of mistakes don’t you?

Allowing Pedro to waste the guts of 10m is on them. The strip deal is on them. These things affect our budget this summer. Therefore they’ve let us down.

You do understand that transfer misfires happen at EVERY club under every board right? They fronted the money for Pedro, you’re acknowledging that and yet you’re expecting them to pull another wad of cash out of thin air because it didn’t work out. Yeah they cùnted the kit deal, it’s a sore one but they’re not perfect.

At least you seem to have accepted that you have no clue what money is available and how much Liverpool are looking for the player. You’re like a spoiled wean, which was never more evident when you were presenting your stance on the banning of songs. Ultimately, to go from where we were to where we are now, only to kick and scream like because we won’t spend what we don’t have? That’s tragic.

Was Ryan Kent not very inconsistent for large parts of the season?

What people overlook about Kent was his work rate. He was constantly back helping out in defence but would still have the power and energy to burst forward on the counter. He was a great asset.

Of all the wingers we have only Jordan Jones seems to have similar attributes but then he didn’t help himself yesterday.

I think that’s the problem with a loan without an option to buy. If he’s good and we can’t afford him it’s only a short term gain.

Because we gave Pedro £10 million to spend with no Europa League money coming in either that season or the season before.

It’s not difficult to work out mate.

Never seen that mate, don’t have insta anymore. It was a friend of hers who showed me.

I guess the point im making is that there appears to be contradictory stories, even coming from his good lady.

I resigned myself a long, long time ago to Kent not coming back. The rumours last night had me wondering - but this mornings news looks to have finally nailed the fact that he's headed elsewhere - probably Brugge. I'm hoping the hints from Doc Stone - who's not a man to spread unsubstantiated rumours - mean we've an alternative 'starter' lined up.

Was Ryan Kent not very inconsistent for large parts of the season?

It’s amazing what two good OF performances will make people forget. Not denying he’s excellent and I’d love him to come back. But his contribution has been blown well out of proportion since.

Same way Candeias became a much better player the minute he was out the door. There’s a pattern....

You do understand that transfer misfires happen at EVERY club under every board right? They fronted the money for Pedro, you’re acknowledging that and yet you’re expecting them to pull another wad of cash out of thin air because it didn’t work out. Yeah they cùnted the kit deal, it’s a sore one but they’re not perfect.

At least you seem to have accepted that you have no clue what money is available and how much Liverpool are looking for the player. You’re like a spoiled wean, which was never more evident when you were presenting your stance on the banning of songs. Ultimately, to go from where we were to where we are now, only to kick and scream like because we won’t spend what we don’t have? That’s tragic.
Im going off of them valuing him at 7m which is what I’ve been led to believe.

Are you incapable of actually debating an option or does it have to be constant digs towards a poster? Poor show.

Are you incapable of actually debating an option or does it have to be constant digs towards a poster? Poor show.
Well all the papers are quoting £12m today, which would equal our club record fee.

Unless Kent’s price is known no one can say one way or the other that the club has let us or the manager down.
And “I heard it was £Nm” or “it’s been widely reported as £x” don’t cut it.

Are you incapable of having any debate based on facts and reality, and not on wee rumours that you’ve heard from your mates?

And they’re not digs, they’re reality, you’re dreaming up some fantasy budget and showing no gratitude for a group of guys who’ve done an awful lot for the club. You shot your own argument down elsewhere in the thread when you acknowledged the board spending upwards of £10m on Pedro’s signings, WITHOUT any Europa League money.

I believe we’ve not used our budget well this summer, also believe the budget has been too low.
Budget has been low.

£600k Edmundson
£300k Aribo
£3m Helander

As a transfer budget we simply cannot say the board have 'backed the manager'. That's a very low amount - and lower than last year and lower than Pedro. And in a year when earnings were higher due to EL last season.

Back