San Marino v Scotland -5pm KO

We have nothing to do with that mob why bring our results into it.

Because I was referencing the last month of football being hard to watch and Rangers were included in that.

That alright with you? If not, mute me. Won’t make the slightest bit of difference to my life.

We have nothing to do with that mob why bring our results into it.
In fairness it's pretty self explanatory what he's saying, he's a Scottish rangers fan and the last few weeks have been brutal.
Couldn't give a monkeys toss about the national side but will admit to be concerned about Rangers results.

We are really not a good footballing nation anymore.

My view (which I'm sure not a lot of folk give a toss about) is that our players are technically poor. Since the days of getting 'stuck in' have been phased out the game we are left wanting.

I personally blame the absolute dinosaurs who run the SFA.

I'm glad Rangers youth system sort of broke away and played European teams last year. The proof will be a few years down the line but I am as optimistic about our youth set up as I probably have ever been.

Sorry for big eco but he simply just go and now before any more of this torture .

For the big mans sake as much as anything else .

My view of this team - there’s a load of “alright” players, but no players with a bit of flare or attitude who those “alright” players can play alongside. The difference between being average and something special isn’t skill, it’s the fire their bellies to want to win.

When I was growing up, we had great strikers playing for us - Durie, McCoist, Gallacher even.

McCoist for example I accept wasn’t the most skilful player, but by f*ck he knew where the back of the net was. All he wanted to do when he went on that pitch was score goals, and because he WANTED to do that, he never hid during a game. He was always giving defences a hard time.

We have nowhere near that standard any more. We’ve regressed. Now we have players who should be nowhere near international football. I know folk from 5’s better than half that team.

World Cup 98, am i right, the last time Scotland qualified for a finals?

Could be another 20 years before it happens again.

Despite the fact that we’re absolute mince, I can’t see anything other than a Scotland win today.

Probably a 2-0 followed by “That’s the response we wanted” and some ridiculous claims that we can still qualify.

Thoughts?
2-0 final score. the worst game I have watched for some years. Quite where we got our players from i'm at a loss. Our youngsters . No idea, no adventure against the worst team in Europe. Our youngsters would have torn this team apart. Follow the English idea bring on our kids and forget the so called stars.

World Cup 98, am i right, the last time Scotland qualified for a finals?

Could be another 20 years before it happens again.

we should have ripped everything apart after the Morocco game when we were pumped 3-0. Germany got hammered in Euro 2000 and decided that they need to change everything about their game and look at their teams now

Scotland just thought it was a blip and continued to keep playing the same crap, developing hardly any players

Scotland fans “we’ll support you ever more”

Also Scotland fans “booooooooooo”
They'll be the same retards who constantly sing songs about Rangers, followed by 'you're not Rangers anymore'.

I'd suggest you pity them, but instead just enjoy the fact that every morning they wake up British and it eats away at them constantly.

I look back at teenage me and wonder what the fùck I was thinking sharing space in the stands with these rejects.

Watch Northern Ireland instead you won't be disappointed, there's some familiar faces and they know how to win.

We are really not a good footballing nation anymore.

My view (which I'm sure not a lot of folk give a toss about) is that our players are technically poor. Since the days of getting 'stuck in' have been phased out the game we are left wanting.

I personally blame the absolute dinosaurs who run the SFA.

I'm glad Rangers youth system sort of broke away and played European teams last year. The proof will be a few years down the line but I am as optimistic about our youth set up as I probably have ever been.

Agree with all that, except I genuinely worry that our hammer throwing mentality and truly shite refereeing standards will see the skill soon kicked out of them

Three strikers on the bench before the game started and he plays Paterson up front,totally lost the plot and should go.

we should have ripped everything apart after the Morocco game when we were pumped 3-0.

Spot on. For me this was the JFK moment.
Morocco looked more athletic, were technically better and played an expansive style that made us look antiquated.
It was the start of the so-called emerging nations over-taking us.
We were in denial for decades and now we're well and truly in the shit at international and club level.

Mcleish might genuinely have mental issues now.

I’m mystified about this and I’ve asked a direct question on the other thread which went unanswered .

Why do people keep asking questions about big Mcleishs “ health” ?

Time and again it’s “ he doesn’t look well “ and “ he seems unwell “ .

What does this mean ? He seems perfectly fine to me .

we should have ripped everything apart after the Morocco game when we were pumped 3-0. Germany got hammered in Euro 2000 and decided that they need to change everything about their game and look at their teams now

Scotland just thought it was a blip and continued to keep playing the same crap, developing hardly any players

Craig Brown was rewarded with a contract extension after that debacle, anyone charting the decline of the National team only has to go back to the day Roxburgh got the gig.

I really feel a bit sorry for Big Eck.
There has never, in my lifetime, been so
many poor players in a Scottish squad,
with almost no passable international players.
I wouldn't pick any of those players to play for The Gers.

I’m mystified about this and I’ve asked a direct question on the other thread which went unanswered .

Why do people keep asking questions about big Mcleishs “ health” ?

Time and again it’s “ he doesn’t look well “ and “ he seems unwell “ .

What does this mean ? He seems perfectly fine to me .

He seems very doddery, slow and confused at times when speaking. It was really obvious in some of his TV and radio appearances a year or 2 ago before he got the job.

I know there’s not much love for the current Tartan Army on here but they follow the national team, spend a lot of cash doing so, and get royally shafted by the SFA in terms of return.

So I am delighted to hear them belt out F the SFA. Been a long time coming. The organisation is an absolute embarrassment.
I hope the tranny army continue to spend their cash and still get royally f ucked.Scum that they are.

Last edited:
He seems very doddery, slow and confused at times when speaking. It was really obvious in some of his TV and radio appearances a year or 2 ago before he got the job.

He’s nearly a pensioner .

What is it that you are saying he has ?

Some posters just love an excuse to pop at McCoist

McCoist should be nowhere near the management of Scotland if we want to improve. Tbh, I feel we should go down the route of appointing a foreign coach as we need to break away from the whole current mindset of where we are at, and have been, aside from the Walter Smith/Eck in 2005/2006.

They brought credit back to the team, albeit didn't qualify.

I had this conversation with a mate recently. I think McLeish is by far the better manager out of him and McCoist

Surely it's not even close! McLeish isn't perfect by a long way but he's achieved a reasonable amount in his career. McCoist is nowhere near him, and I say that as someone who still likes Ally and isn't as negative about him in general as a lot of people are, but he showed next to no managerial skills. Lets be honest, any one of us could have got promoted through the bottom 2 divisions with the massive advantage in resources he had

McCoist should be nowhere near the management of Scotland if we want to improve. Tbh, I feel we should go down the route of appointing a foreign coach as we need to break away from the whole current mindset of where we are at, and have been, .

Foreign coach is my preference. My point about the digs at Ally is not many Scotland managers in the last 30+ years have been dripping in silverware when appointed.

Foreign coach is my preference. My point about the digs at Ally is not many Scotland managers in the last 30+ years have been dripping in silverware when appointed.

That's true, but IMO that meant little when it came to his coaching and management skills.

Nonetheless I suggest a whole new approach from the SFA, but they would need to pay for someone decent.

I really feel a bit sorry for Big Eck.
There has never, in my lifetime, been so
many poor players in a Scottish squad,
with almost no passable international players.
I wouldn't pick any of those players to play for The Gers.

Andy Robertson?

He's just turned 60, still a bit away from being classed as a pensioner.

5 years .

What I’m saying is there seems to be almost an obsession on here that he’s “ seriously unwell” and yet when asked what’s wrong with him the best we get is “ doesn’t speak well and mumbles “ :rolleyes:

What illness is that , “ mumblitis”?

He’s absolutely fine as far as I can see , I think he should quit however as I don’t think he needs the hassle .

No problem with the San Marino match but the Russians showed that we should have beaten Kazakhstan. I think the players are as much to blame as Eck, they showed little commitment in this match. For me Eck seems to be prematurely aging with his poor comments and should walk for his own health.

I absolutely hate the way we try to play football now as a nation.

We are playing the easy pass every time and more often than not making stupid decisions or coughing up the ball in dangerous areas.

Absolutely no-one wants to take responsibility or up the pace and go at someone. Only Ryan Fraser actually tried to beat his man. Sideways and back and giving it to two central defenders who are absolutely hopeless on the ball.

Andy Robertson?

He looks good with Liverpool because of the class he's playing with, but with Scotland, he's passable.
I said almost no passable international players, he's one and maybe Forrest, but that's it for me.
The rest of them are dross.

Back