Scott Wright

Perhaps we all eulogise the lad a bit too early, which is what football fans the World over do when a player hits the ground running. He is a little unfortunate in that he is currently playing in a struggling Gers side.

He is mince .
Watched him v us at Aberdeen and thought he was a hardworker. Then watched him with Aberdeen v Ross County and he was shyte - got hooked after missing an easy chance,

On Thursday he came on and gave away 4 fouls when he never needed to.

I'm not sure he's much better than Barker. Hate to be negative but just doesn't look good enough, especially Champions League level which is what we should be aspiring to be

He seems to to the hard things like nice one twos at the edge of the box to get in a good position and then when he just needs to play the simple ball through, he'll over-hit it.

An unfit Ryan Kent is by far a better player.

Kent still makes things happens and delivers. Wright doesn’t - lacks an end product.

He was terrible against Malmo, terrible when he came on mid week, terrible today.

He's looking everything the Aberdeen player at the moment.

Might be useful against lower teams, but you see why the gafferb sticks with the Kent

Like a lot of the second choice players, they’ll need more time.

Some will see it as a strength, some as a weakness, but with Gerrard’s core of ‘undroppables’, players like Wright are unlikely to get a decent run until sales or injuries occur.

He is mince .
Watched him v us at Aberdeen and thought he was a hardworker. Then watched him with Aberdeen v Ross County and he was shyte - got hooked after missing an easy chance,

On Thursday he came on and gave away 4 fouls when he never needed to.
Very, very harsh

And of the 4 fouls he gave away on Thursday maybe 1 was an actual foul?

Easy to jump to conclusions after a result and performance like today’s but more showings like this from Scott will add to the murmurs of ‘he flatters to deceive’.

The jury’s still out on whether he will make it at Ibrox.

Last edited:
I think Scott Wright is this year’s player thats a superstar because he’s not playing. Always get someone who’s out the side who seems to get blown up to be better than they are

He’s a decent squad player, but I feel that’s it

An unfit Ryan Kent is by far a better player.

Kent still makes things happens and delivers. Wright doesn’t - lacks an end product.
What has Kent ‘made happen’ this season?

This forum in general is far too reactive on a game by game basis. One bad game and Wright’s pish, Davis is past it etc.

There’s plenty of viewpoints to be taken from the season as a whole, and so far this season, Kent has been a nightmare.

Have we had a full 90 minutes from him? Seems to disappear in games. He's a talent but thought he would be offering more by now.
Agree on the bright side when he comes on as a sub he brings a spark! Today he passed when he should have shot and shot when he should have passed, like many making these fraction wrong but important decisions!

Wow !

Reading some of these post i actually wonder if people actually "watch" our games ??

Wright offered the ONLY movement in our team, he came short, he went long, he made runs off the ball that as usual were pointless as we had decided to make yet another negative safe pass rather than gamble.

Numerous times it was Wright that made the chance for others to waste

Stupid substitution that achieved nothing positive

Mmmmm? The referee gave them. The worse thing was he wasted our time arguing the toss.
btw how was he today?
But they weren’t fouls, for example the one on Jason Denayer where he doesn’t even touch him

Thought he was quite good in the first half tbh, nothing special but showed for the ball and made good runs.

Second half thought he was quite poor as was the rest of the team.

Considering he was a free from Aberdeen where he struggled for gametime I’ve been quite impressed with Wright as a backup option and impact substitute. His attitude is exceptional and he certainly has the potential to improve and hopefully will when he’s here, he’s obviously not the level of Kent or Hagi for example but he can be a good player for us imo.

But they weren’t fouls, for example the one on Jason Denayer where he doesn’t even touch him

Thought he was quite good in the first half tbh, nothing special but showed for the ball and made good runs.

Second half thought he was quite poor as was the rest of the team.

Considering he was a free from Aberdeen where he struggled for gametime I’ve been quite impressed with Wright as a backup option and impact substitute. His attitude is exceptional and he certainly has the potential to improve and hopefully will when he’s here, he’s obviously not the level of Kent or Hagi for example but he can be a good player for us imo.
he was a free from Aberdeen. Says it all. He either wasn’t getting a start with them or getting hooked as he did v Ross County.
btw I didn’t count the non foul. He was nudging players when he wasn’t getting the ball which is naive as the game stops and they still have the ball and another minute has gone!

Anyone who saying he is not good enough is clueless.

He is raw in areas, but has offered alot more than others this season.

He was given his chance to shine with Kent not being available. I’m afraid he didn’t take it. Kent gets pelters on here, he may have bad games but he doesn't hide.

He looks OK in occassional flashes.
Absolutely no consistency. I cannot understand why folk think he's a superstar. He's a mid SPFL team standard player.

Back