Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was at the start of last season you set up RTV then that would have been the old app which worked like a charm on any platform and device. The new app, which a lot of people have issues with only came out, I believe at the turn of this year, halfway through the season.
Once the new app went live, the old one stopped working because you had to re-register for the new app.
Pretty sure it was February this year the ‘new’ App - version 2.0 with the changed branding and layout - made its first appearance.

Folks, how soon after full time will the full game appear on rtv for standard subscribers? Not going to be able to watch live so debating whether it's worth avoiding score and watching later, but depends on delay!

Any idea why I’m not seeing todays game available to buy at the moment? I’m on holiday in France at the moment via Nord.

Any idea why I’m not seeing todays game available to buy at the moment? I’m on holiday in France at the moment via Nord.
Are you signed in? I’m pretty sure you see the purchase option before logging in? @Valley Bluenose, can you confirm?

Edit - Another thought, you can’t buy it from the iOS app, in case that’s what you’re using. You’ll see the purchase option via the website instead.

Are you signed in? I’m pretty sure you see the purchase option before logging in? @Valley Bluenose, can you confirm?

Edit - Another thought, you can’t buy it from the iOS app, in case that’s what you’re using. You’ll see the purchase option via the website instead.
I’m signed in and can’t see the option to subscribe to anything, either on the Dundee Utd match area or on the RTV homepage.

You need to sign out first then go to Matches section. You should then see the purchase option.
Actually, once you’re signed out and go back to the RTV homepage you’ll see the sign on and subscribe options. Click on subscribe and you’ll see the Dundee Utd game option (as long as your vpn is still on)

You need to sign out first then go to Matches section. You should then see the purchase option.
Got it eventually, but only by clicking on one of the videos, hitting subscribe to the unlimited package, eventually an option comes up to buy the Dundee Utd game for a tenner.
It’s a long drawn out process. Surely tae feck it makes more sense to have the Dundee Utd game on the homepage?? There isn’t even an option to subscribe to any part of RTV on the homepage.

Got it eventually, but only by clicking on one of the videos, hitting subscribe to the unlimited package, eventually an option comes up to buy the Dundee Utd game for a tenner.
It’s a long drawn out process. Surely tae feck it makes more sense to have the Dundee Utd game on the homepage?? There isn’t even an option to subscribe to any part of RTV on the homepage.
See my post above yours. As long as you haven’t logged in first, going to the RTV homepage will give you the sign in and subscribe options at the bottom of the page.
You click on subscribe and it takes you to all the subscription packages which includes the Dundee Utd game.
Screenshots added of RTV homepage while signed out

4-DBB2081-FEA2-45-AE-BBFB-CD34-D02-AE8-BC.jpg

D7-C16-FE3-2-FBB-49-FE-932-E-64-EE07663-FB4.jpg

See my post above yours. As long as you haven’t logged in first, going to the RTV homepage will give you the sign in and subscribe options at the bottom of the page.
You click on subscribe and it takes you to all the subscription packages which includes the Dundee Utd game.
That’s what I done. I signed in first. But surely once you sign in as a non subscriber, you should have the option to subscribe to or buy the products for sale? Mental.

As per the OP, I always find it best to purchase the game BEFORE you login. The purchase process takes you through login anyway. Do NOT login, click on any Subscribe button and all the options you want will be there.

Does nae f*cker take the time to read my 'magnificent' guide FFS.:mad::mad:

:)):)):)):))

Last edited:
Watch Live button now active on RangersTV. Takes you to the placeholder screen with club badges and countdown timer. Moving pictures at 1210hrs.

Last edited:
Right, I'm a legacy subscriber and using Hola Premium and for the first time today I'm getting a "We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries" message. I've tried a number of different countries, Netherlands, Germany, France and US but still getting the same error. I restarted the laptop but still the same.

Any advice?

Right, I'm a legacy subscriber and using Hola Premium and for the first time today I'm getting a "We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries" message. I've tried a number of different countries, Netherlands, Germany, France and US but still getting the same error. I restarted the laptop but still the same.

Any advice?
canada?

i got a warning i couldnt watch the livi game and i was in belgium, switched to canada and fine.

Any advice?
See the link in the OP to Whats My IP Address. Where does it show you located? Hola is shite btw.

If Whats MY IP Address shows you as overseas then logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser, login and try again.

Seems they have changed things around again. I'm in Germany and have buy match pass against Dundee game. However Takes you to a screen to buy Malmo game, the reserve game and standard RTV, which advises does not include live TV.

Any help?

Seems they have changed things around again. I'm in Germany and have buy match pass against Dundee game. However Takes you to a screen to buy Malmo game, the reserve game and standard RTV, which advises does not include live TV.

Any help?
They haven't changed anything around. See post #223.

As per the OP, I always find it best to purchase the game BEFORE you login. The purchase process takes you through login anyway. Do NOT login, click on any Subscribe button and all the options you want will be there.

Does nae f*cker take the time to read my 'magnificent' guide FFS.:mad::mad:

:)):)):)):))
I’ve never had any issues before. Sorted now anyway.

They haven't changed anything around. See post #223.
Well all I know is I've went to Germany in past, then click live and option is there to buy. Never a problem.

Today it's not.

Tried your OP and doing it before logging in. No option to buy .

Have went Holland and now gives me the season pass option. I'm just gonna get that.

Thanks for your help, honestly shouldn't need a poster on FF to do these things, however far less tech savy people than me would have just abandoned it.

Got a VPN so could do that albeit I'm on the standard rtv tier.

Will it make a difference if I buy the game or not?

Cheers for help!
Bit late in the day mate sorry. However, I'd say yes, if you bought the game via VPN and then tried to watch back via VPN late afternoon/early evening I think it would indeed work. I'm not certain, so buyer beware, but I'm fairly sure. I know on my Unlimited and can replay the match virtually instantly. Assume its the same on PPV but not certain.

Well all I know is I've went to Germany in past, then click live and option is there to buy. Never a problem.

Today it's not.

Tried your OP and doing it before logging in. No option to buy .

Have went Holland and now gives me the season pass option. I'm just gonna get that.

Thanks for your help, honestly shouldn't need a poster on FF to do these things, however far less tech savy people than me would have just abandoned it.
What VPN are you using? It sounds like its not registered first time around in Germany. What is very, very odd though is that you appear to have got the option to buy the Unlimited but no offer of today's game. That's not sounding correct. Todays game is definitely on the Subscribe page, I just checked again. I assume you scrolled down the page for all options?

Either way, sounds like you got there with something in the end. Enjoy the game.

What VPN are you using? It sounds like its not registered first time around in Germany. What is very, very odd though is that you appear to have got the option to buy the Unlimited but no offer of today's game. That's not sounding correct. Todays game is definitely on the Subscribe page, I just checked again. I assume you scrolled down the page for all options?

Either way, sounds like you got there with something in the end. Enjoy the game.
Yeah was weird.

Well all sorted for rest of season.

Thanks again, cyber pint for you mate .

Enjoy, and let's hope Its a good 3 pts.

OP updated for Malmö home game - section in bold at start of post only, as the rest is the generic stuff for other games.

Game is available on UK PPV and is also included in overseas Unlimited package. No VPN required for UK users.

Seeing threads pop up asking about this game. Its all at the start of the OP in this thread, which is updated after every game and is linked from the OP in every match thread @DocStone starts, in an effort to keep discussion to one thread and not clutter things up.

Game is available on UK PPV so those of us who are on the Unlimited package (this game is included in the package)and used to our short trips abroad have no need to do so for tonights game. Just login from UK and hit the Watch Live button when it appears.

Probably worth bumping this as kick-off - and the debut of our new Third Kit - rapidly approaches. All relevant info in bold at the start of the OP.

Anyone know when the coverage starts tonight? It’s usually 30 mins per kick off but wondered if it’s different tonight

Anyone who watches RTV on an Apple device, are you able to airplay to another device e.g. a telly?

I bought the friendly package and the last two games were pretty much unwatchable buffering and slow motion, ended up watching hitch free elsewhere, anyone else have grief?
I dont want to chuck a tenner away, all last season was perfect both picture and sound.

I bought the friendly package and the last two games were pretty much unwatchable buffering and slow motion, ended up watching hitch free elsewhere, anyone else have grief?
I dont want to chuck a tenner away, all last season was perfect both picture and sound.
Tranmere game was crap. Eventually realised that dragging the slider bar at the bottom back by circa 2 minutes stopped the buffering. Brighton and Real were fine. Only other game I had issues with was the B Team on Sunday.

Be sure to go to the Settings icon and change from Auto to 1080p or lower. And no VPN required tonight.

Tranmere game was crap. Eventually realised that dragging the slider bar at the bottom back by circa 2 minutes stopped the buffering. Brighton and Real were fine. Only other game I had issues with was the B Team on Sunday.

Be sure to go to the Settings icon and change from Auto to 1080p or lower. And no VPN required tonight.
Logged in paid and clicked watch, buffering slow motion as per, thanks for the advice its back spot on now.
First time I have had to do that but hey go for it Bears.

Logged in paid and clicked watch, buffering slow motion as per, thanks for the advice its back spot on now.
First time I have had to do that but hey go for it Bears.
If you've pulled the slider back you will be behind 'live' of course, so phone alerts off.

I'm at a loss as to why you would be having issues tonight though. Fine for me here in Wales. No VPN required so that takes that out the equation. Only leaves your internet connection and the device. I assume your wifi is strong and its hopefully not something like a TV browser you are using?

It’s being fückish with me tonight , Vpn on , click play and getting the , game only authorised in certain countries . :mad:

Apart from Neil McCann and Shelly Kerr, who is the presenter and the commentators tonight???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back