Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizzare, logged into app and said “videos coming soon” so logged in on Chrome browser and straight into Watch Live.

No, especially on the app. I’ve not watched a game live from the app this season but live in hope

I was able to do this on my iPad mate, I had to use screen mirroring rather than AirPlay on the stream itself if that makes sense. I couldn't get it to fill the whole screen of the TV but it was 100% watchable (shame the same can't be said about the actual football).

So I have my vpn on, I'm logged out and the option for Dunfermline isn't there.
I drove to a different country and that seems to work.

Last edited:
So I have my vpn on, I'm logged out and the option for Dunfermline isn't there.
Sounds like your VPN hasn’t registered. The OP has a link to check What’s My IP. Probably as quick to just logout, clear cache/cookies, refresh browser, login and try again. It’s definitely there, the issue is your VPN.

Sounds like your VPN isn’t registered properly if you don’t get the option to buy the overseas Unlimited package.

See the OP in this thread.

The Watch Live button is now active on RangersTV for overseas viewers. Erskine placeholder screen. On desktop at least. Not sure about on App - I wouldn't use it unless in dire straits. Its a bag of sh*t.

EDIT: Weirdly, we have moving pictures already.

The Watch Live button is now active on RangersTV for overseas viewers. Erskine placeholder screen. On desktop at least. Not sure about on App - I wouldn't use it unless in dire straits. Its a bag of sh*t.

EDIT: Weirdly, we have moving pictures already.

Been having problems on my fire cube recently as well.
World annual subscription.
Watching on Silk browser with NordVpn on but still thinks I'm in UK.
Checked what IP address is showing but still shows my normal IP address but the DNS is showing as abroad.
DNS leak maybe?
Cleared data and cache and still not letting me on.
Thinking it might be my Vpn.
Never had this bother before.

Been having problems on my fire cube recently as well.
World annual subscription.
Watching on Silk browser with NordVpn on but still thinks I'm in UK.
Checked what IP address is showing but still shows my normal IP address but the DNS is showing as abroad.
DNS leak maybe?
Cleared data and cache and still not letting me on.
Thinking it might be my Vpn.
Never had this bother before.
Don't have a Cube but I do sometimes use a Fire TV Stick. Worked fine for ages then, out of the blue, I would switch on my VPN and then open Silk - but when I did so the VPN switched off. Haven't had time to play with it to find out why yet.

Maybe try a different location for the VPN?

Don't have a Cube but I do sometimes use a Fire TV Stick. Worked fine for ages then, out of the blue, I would switch on my VPN and then open Silk - but when I did so the VPN switched off. Haven't had time to play with it to find out why yet.

Appreciate the reply.
Got it working.
I switched on the obfusicated option and then it worked fine.
Weird, but might help somebody.

For those craving a game to watch today, the B Team game v Gretna is available on PPV in the UK and to those who have the Unlimited subscription (no VPN required). Details in opening para of the OP.

Regards Thursdays match, no official announcement yet but worth noting the Galatasaray game last season was exclusively on RangersTV and the home leg v Legia the season before was the same. Both were available on UK PPV and to Unlimited subscribers. Could well be the same this season if Premier choose not to pay for the rights.

EDIT: Now announced that Thursday will, indeed, be exclusively on RangersTV. Not available for purchase just yet but, when it is, your Match Pass will include access to the Women’s Team friendly v Manchester United as well, which kicks-off at 1700hrs. Nice wee bonus. OP updated with info.

Last edited:
Alashkert game still not available to buy as yet, but they've just added the B Team game against University of Stirling tomorrow night to the 'available to buy' list at £3.49. B Team are proving good value for money right now with bundles of goals. Well worth the watch. Game is included in the Unlimited package as well, for those who have it.

The home leg against Alashkert is now available to buy on PPV (UK and Overseas) for £9.99. Added bonus is that price will also get you access to the Women’s Team game v Manchester United earlier that evening. Both games are included in the Unlimited package. No VPN required for either game.

More details in the first few paragraphs of the OP of this thread.

Last edited:
For those craving a game to watch today, the B Team game v Gretna is available on PPV in the UK and to those who have the Unlimited subscription (no VPN required). Details in opening para of the OP.

Regards Thursdays match, no official announcement yet but worth noting the Galatasaray game last season was exclusively on RangersTV and the home leg v Legia the season before was the same. Both were available on UK PPV and to Unlimited subscribers. Could well be the same this season if Premier choose not to pay for the rights.

EDIT: Now announced that Thursday will, indeed, be exclusively on RangersTV. Not available for purchase just yet but, when it is, your Match Pass will include access to the Women’s Team friendly v Manchester United as well, which kicks-off at 1700hrs. Nice wee bonus. OP updated with info.

B-team playing a home game tomorrow as well. Seems they come on the website late in the day.

B-team playing a home game tomorrow as well. Seems they come on the website late in the day.
Yup mate, posted about the B Team game earlier (post #276). Looking forward to it tomorrow night.

I‘m stuck in Wales but with the Unlimited package. Getting so many games this season with the First Team, the B Team and now the Women’s Team as well that it’s hard to fit anything else in.:) Mrs is going mad as I’m sat in the computer room for so long every week. It’s great!

Just an update on this. I re-downloaded the APK file for my VPN (Private Internet Access) to my Fire TV Stick and all seems to be well now, with the VPN staying on when I switch to Silk browser. No idea why it suddenly stopped as it worked before.

Still no joy getting the APK file for the RangersTV App to launch though.

I am thinking about getting this for my mate who is blind, one question I have on this regards replay of the games afterword’s, do they do a repeat broadcast of a game after the fact or do you only get the live audio feed? Any advice/review of the service would be appreciated.

I am thinking about getting this for my mate who is blind, one question I have on this regards replay of the games afterword’s, do they do a repeat broadcast of a game after the fact or do you only get the live audio feed? Any advice/review of the service would be appreciated.
Full match video replays are usually available after midnight on the day of the game. That can be a bit ‘flexible’ though, particularly for Euro games.

Worth noting that the replay will be with the video commentary which, when Tom the Comm is on duty, will be the same as the audio commentary available during the match. However, when Clive Tyldesley is commentating it will be his video commentary, rather than Tom the Comms audio commentary, that he gets. There is no re-broadcast of the audio feed available live whilst the match is in progress in other words. I hope that makes sense.

Full match video replays are usually available after midnight on the day of the game. That can be a bit ‘flexible’ though, particularly for Euro games.

Worth noting that the replay will be with the video commentary which, when Tom the Comm is on duty, will be the same as the audio commentary available during the match. However, when Clive Tyldesley is commentating it will be his video commentary, rather than Tom the Comms audio commentary, that he gets. There is no re-broadcast of the audio feed available live whilst the match is in progress in other words. I hope that makes sense.
It does mate appreciate the feedback on this, I will order the season for him Cheers.

Just bought the match on RTV for tonight. Will it be available to watch on the app or do I need to watch it on my browser. Just got my phone as I’m away at the moment

Just bought the match on RTV for tonight. Will it be available to watch on the app or do I need to watch it on my browser. Just got my phone as I’m away at the moment
It will be available to watch via the App. Use the 'Matches' tab at the bottom. If you want a trial run, you should be aware that the Womens Team friendly against Manchester United is included. Kicks off at 1700hrs.

Sadly, I'm shortly gonna be offline until after about 1900hrs. Hopefully there's enough help in the OP to let posters get sorted - and there's more than a few on here who can help out with any issues if anyone posts them.

Odd one. Watched the rangers ladies fame earlier without trouble. Now watching the stream of the Alashkert game. Watching with the iPad in portrait mode works fine. When I try to put it into landscape it’ll play for a few seconds then kick me out of the app. Log back in only for rhe same thing to happen. Any ideas?

Odd one. Watched the rangers ladies fame earlier without trouble. Now watching the stream of the Alashkert game. Watching with the iPad in portrait mode works fine. When I try to put it into landscape it’ll play for a few seconds then kick me out of the app. Log back in only for rhe same thing to happen. Any ideas?
I've seen reports of it taking you back to the start when you switch - though its not something I've encountered in all honesty. In fact I watched the B team the other night in Landscape mode on iPad without a hitch.

Could try going full screen before rotating - or the opposite, do not go full screen before rotating. To see if either helps.

I've seen reports of it taking you back to the start when you switch - though its not something I've encountered in all honesty. In fact I watched the B team the other night in Landscape mode on iPad without a hitch.

Could try going full screen before rotating - or the opposite, do not go full screen before rotating. To see if either helps.
Got it on landscape now and it hasn’t cut off - yet. Didn’t do anything different. Typical :D

thanks again though.

Now announced that Rangers v Alashkert (19 Aug, 2000hrs) will be exclusively on RangersTV. It‘s now available for purchase and your Match Pass will include access to the Women’s Team friendly v Manchester United as well, which kicks-off at 1700hrs the same evening. Nice wee bonus. Game is available on UK PPV at a cost of £9.99 and is also available to Unlimited subscribers as part of their subscription package. No VPN required. Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through login. First link below will take you to the purchase page.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.

The guide below is focussed on the procedure for matches not available in the UK via RangersTV.

New season, so time for a ‘refresh’ on how to make it all work. All instructions below are for desktop/laptop. Whatever device you use for your viewing, I’d recommend using the website rather than the (poor) App. That’s not always possible if you want to cast though. Using a TV browser is at your own risk, many are not up to the task. I still can’t get the App to launch on Fire TV Stick either but Silk browser works for me.

1. The game is available on Premier Sports but for those – the majority hopefully – who want to give their money to the Club you can view it on RangersTV provided you are overseas or have access to a VPN to make it appear you are overseas. I won’t go into what a VPN is too much because we’ve covered it often but if anybody wants more info just ask.

2. If using a VPN, I would always recommend a good quality paid-for VPN. The Club have links with NordVPN and they are as good as it gets, especially if you are going to be using it long-term. There are others out there. For a one-off use there are options such as Opera, which is free, but they tend to have drawbacks. Any VPN will slow down your connection and can lead to buffering. A free/cheap VPN will generally slow it down more than a good quality one such as NordVPN. A discount deal may, or may not, be available from the Rangers/NordVPN affiliate link below.

Buying the Match

3. If you don’t have the Unlimited (overseas) subscription then you need to PPV. You can only purchase matches via the website and not via the App. Apple/Google get a 20%+ slice of the pie for in-App purchases so it’s not viable for the club.

4. Switch on your VPN and set it to a location overseas. Ideally select a location near to the UK. France, Belgium, The Netherlands are all favourites of mine. These will generally have lower latency that areas further afield, i.e. they will be ‘quicker’.

5. To check that its worked, if you want to, click on the following link. It should show you as located in the country of your choice.

What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6

6. Go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT login. Click on any button that says Subscribe or Buy Match Pass. This will bring up a page of options available for purchase by overseas users. This will include the upcoming game. Click to purchase the game and the purchase process will take you through Login as part of the payment process. Don’t worry about any messages regarding an existing subscription just click through them (unless you actually have Unlimited LOL). You do not need a UK address or UK bank details to purchase. Once your purchase is made you can relax and wait until about an hour before kick-off time.

Viewing the Match

7. If you have turned it off, go back and turn on your VPN and set it to your location of choice (France, Belgium etc). Normally, around 1 hour before the match (though sometimes it’s much less) the Watch Live button will appear on the RangersTV Home page.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

8. Go to the RangersTV Home page (with your VPN set to overseas) and Login. When the Watch Live button appears (sometimes it goes red) click on it. If the stream is ‘live’ you will normally get the placeholder page for Erskine from about 1 hour before kick-off. ‘Moving pictures’ generally appear about half an hour before kick-off, though this can vary. If you cannot find the game, scroll down to the section headed RangersTV Latest and the game should appear in there. If you’re not seeing the Watch Live button - and are sure your VPN is working properly - maybe try logging out, clear cache/cookies the login and try again.

9. To make sure you get sound, either roll your mouse over the top left-hand corner of the video window and click on Unmute when it appears – or simply go to the Enlarge icon in the bottom right and go Full Screen, which will unmute automatically.

10. At this stage, to help reduce any buffering, I’d also click on the Settings icon in the bottom right of the video panel and change it from Auto to 1080P. If you encounter buffering after this then try dropping it down another step to see if it helps. In extreme times, Tranmere game was one, the stream became unwatchable due to buffering. In that instance I pulled the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes and pressed Play. No more buffering but, of course, I was a few minutes behind ‘live’. Hopefully we never need to do that again.

11. Keep an eye on FollowFollow. Generally, someone will post ‘live now’ or ‘moving pictures’ or similar. If your screen doesn’t reflect that then simply Refresh your browser.

One final point, please, please make sure you do not login on more than 1 device at a time. If you do, you risk having your Account blocked and will need to go down the Forgotten Password route. If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in of the App, for example, make sure you logout of the App before trying to login via your browser. When done watching, logout and turn off your VPN.

That’s it. Happy viewing - or Lets’ Go (Again) as Stevie G would say.

I generally pick up on any threads/posts on RangersTV issues and try and help out (I’m nothing to do with RangersTV by the way). If I can’t get on for whatever reason, there are plenty others on hand, many with more knowledge than me, who can help out.
For those of us genuinely overseas it is simply not working on App or website tonight

Trying to watch it through my Firestick in Texas and it’s constantly buffering. Frustrating and disappointing.

Don't want to jinx it but mines been very good.
Have to watch it on my phone through the app but it hasn't missed a beat.

For those of us genuinely overseas it is simply not working on App or website tonight
Which device? I'd never recommend the App but I'm watching on desktop via website without an issue - bar us playing crap of course.

If your getting nothing at all try logging out, clear cache/cookies, close browser, open browser, login and try again.

Trying to watch it through my Firestick in Texas and it’s constantly buffering. Frustrating and disappointing.
Try Settings icon bottom right and change from Auto to 1080p - or lower - to see if it helps. If that doesn't work try pulling the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes.

I'm assuming you've a strong wifi signal to the Fire TV Stick.

Try Settings icon bottom right and change from Auto to 1080p - or lower - to see if it helps. If that doesn't work try pulling the bottom slider bar back by roughly 2 minutes.

I'm assuming you've a strong wifi signal to the Fire TV Stick.

I gave up on the Fire Cube box. Watching it on the laptop through Chrome and it’s working fine.

Fire Cube hardwired laptop on the WiFi. It might be that shitey Silk browser.

The away game v Ross County on Sunday 22 Aug is now available for purchase for those overseas or 'overseas' via a VPN on RangersTV. Cost £9.99. Details and advice in the OP.

Does anyone notice a drop in coverage quality when its not sky/BT and just the RTV pictures?

I dont know how many times last night the director zoomed in on a player for a close up or had a replay, all the while the play was still going on and you need to go by the crowd to try and work out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back