Official Season 2023/24 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

My problem is, that when I can't watch the game live, I log in to Rangers TV around 4 pm (California - 8 hours diff.) I then try to watch the game back 'as live, but I cannot get to click on the watch game button, because of the banner at the bottom advertising other videos. I am an unlimited subscriber using Amazon Silk. Thanks.
Fire TV Stick? See post #2, point j. Be warned, it’s a pain in the arse but it is ‘fixable’.

Last edited:
So here is a new issue for me...

I am using a VPN on my ipad. I can select subscribe. But when I input my payment details i get a white box. I am asked to confirm the payment via my banking app on my phone but cant confirm it on the website. Any ideas?!

I am using a VPN on my ipad. I can select subscribe. But when I input my payment details i get a white box. I am asked to confirm the payment via my banking app on my phone but cant confirm it on the website. Any ideas?!
You will sent be a code from you bank to put into the white box to confirm payment

That's not RangersTV specific, that happens with most online purchases. Especially as you appear (to them) to be buying it from overseas. If you have a banking app it should open with a request for you to authorise payment. Or you will get a text to enter the authorisation code into the website.

Surely you've had this when buying online from other sources?

That's not RangersTV specific, that happens with most online purchases. Especially as you appear (to them) to be buying it from overseas. If you have a banking app it should open with a request for you to authorise payment. Or you will get a text to enter the authorisation code into the website.

Surely you've had this when buying online from other sources?

Sorry i cant have been clear. The white box is blank. There is no option to complete the purchase which is where it differs from other online purchases. I can authorise the purchase on my banking app. I cant confirm i have done so on the RTV website.

Sorry i cant have been clear. The white box is blank. There is no option to complete the purchase which is where it differs from other online purchases. I can authorise the purchase on my banking app. I cant confirm i have done so on the RTV website.
Ah right, that's more unusual. I usually get a box (in blue on my screen) asking me to click saying 'I have authorised this payment via my banking app' or similar.

Is there an option to cancel the payment or request it be sent again?

You will sent be a code from you bank to put into the white box to confirm payment
Its not unfamiliarity with the two step confirmation that's the problem - its the fact the website doesn't give me the option to confirm. Will just buy on Kilmarnock TV. Annoying.

Ah right, that's more unusual. I usually get a box (in blue on my screen) asking me to click saying 'I have authorised this payment via my banking app' or similar.

Is there an option to cancel the payment or request it be sent again?
Yes thats exactly what I usually get. Yep i've cancelled and tried with various cards.

Im usual quick to blame RTV being useless but I had the same issue on the Kilmarnock site so seems to be an iPad issue. Thankfully could get by that with apple pay.

Im usual quick to blame RTV being useless but I had the same issue on the Kilmarnock site so seems to be an iPad issue. Thankfully could get by that with apple pay.
Glad you are sorted. And very decent of you to come back and clear-up that it was not a RangersTV issue.

I keep getting a message saying only available in certain countries when I click on the watch live option. I'm connected through nord to Netherlands?

Glad you are sorted. And very decent of you to come back and clear-up that it was not a RangersTV issue.
After the last Rtv debacle - 28 minutes before it came on for me.
I'm watching on killie TV, picture bright as a button and not a hint of buffering.

Take note Rangers :rolleyes:

After the last Rtv debacle - 28 minutes before it came on for me.
I'm watching on killie TV, picture bright as a button and not a hint of buffering.

Take note Rangers :rolleyes:
I had that for the Ross County game too - first real issue in many years watching RangersTV. As is normal its working perfectly for me tonight. There was an explanation for what went wrong at the Ross County game posted on here from someone who contacted streamamg.

Enjoy the Killie stream. A win's a win, no matter who's commentating LOL.

went to buy the game for today but the watch live button is already showing, does this mean i dont need to buy it?

went to buy the game for today but the watch live button is already showing, does this mean i dont need to buy it?
If its still showing after you Refresh your screen you may have hit the jackpot. Did you buy Wednesday nights 2/3 day package?

I'm slightly worried that I've got the placeholder screen but no countdown timer. Coverage due to start at 1435hrs.

Last edited:
If its still showing after you Refresh your screen you may have hit the jackpot. Did you buy Wednesday nights 2/3 day package?

I'm slightly worried that I've got the placeholder screen but no countdown timer. Coverage due to start at 1435hrs.
I deleted the email from the killie game but im sure it was a 3 day package. Really hope i bought it after 5pm on wednesday :)

Currently showing this

eangers.png

I deleted the email from the killie game but im sure it was a 3 day package. Really hope i bought it after 5pm on wednesday :)
I thought it was 2 days but I'm far from certain. This HAS happened before though. Fill yer boots, a nice wee gift from RangersTV hopefully.

Countdown timer now showing at 51mins.
Yup, I was doing a Refresh and noticed the countdown timer was now there. All good - and a freebie for you by the look of things.

At this point I'd normally say you can switch off your VPN and improve your latency but I fear if you do that and then have to refresh you may lose your freebie. I will be switching off my VPN but you might be advised to leave it on - just in case.

Anyone know if the game will be repeated again tonight? I’m gonna struggle to watch live so was gonna do a Likely Lads and avoid the score and watch it later.

Had to this previously and the game seemed to be repeated at 5pm, not sure of this is common practise though?

Anyone know if the game will be repeated again tonight? I’m gonna struggle to watch live so was gonna do a Likely Lads and avoid the score and watch it later.

Had to this previously and the game seemed to be repeated at 5pm, not sure of this is common practise though?
Depends where you are or if you have a VPN. If you are overseas or have a VPN to appear so, you can generally get the full match virtually straight away. You just have to try and drag the bottom slider bar to kick-off time to skip the pre-match stuff.

If you are in the UK its generally around midnight before you get it - though I've seen earlier on some occasions.

Depends where you are or if you have a VPN. If you are overseas or have a VPN to appear so, you can generally get the full match virtually straight away. You just have to try and drag the bottom slider bar to kick-off time to skip the pre-match stuff.

If you are in the UK its generally around midnight before you get it - though I've seen earlier on some occasions.
Thanks. This answers my question.

Looking at an annual subscription for RTV mainly due to the kids hoovering up all the free YouTube content they can get just now.

I'm at home games anyway so don't need it for that so just curious if I buy today, will I be due for renewal this time next year and if so, is it worth the hanging off until the summer for any reason etc?

Cheers

Looking at an annual subscription for RTV mainly due to the kids hoovering up all the free YouTube content they can get just now.

I'm at home games anyway so don't need it for that so just curious if I buy today, will I be due for renewal this time next year and if so, is it worth the hanging off until the summer for any reason etc?

Cheers
An Annual subscription runs for 365 days mate. Its for you to figure out whether its best to take it out now - you get the remaining games but then are paying for a few weeks 'dead spot' over the Summer - or to do PAYG for the remaining games that you need it for and delay taking out the subscription until, perhaps, late July.

Reactions: TGP
An Annual subscription runs for 365 days mate. Its for you to figure out whether its best to take it out now - you get the remaining games but then are paying for a few weeks 'dead spot' over the Summer - or to do PAYG for the remaining games that you need it for and delay taking out the subscription until, perhaps, late July.

Thank you for reply mate.

How common is it for anyone to get the blue spinning disk when trying to get the match stream running? I'm going to guess that it happens to us about 20% of the time. The solution is usually to refresh the page and try again (and sometimes it takes 3-5 times to get it to work). If this affects you too, it would be interesting to hear which hardware and browser you use (for us, a Mac and Chrome).

How common is it for anyone to get the blue spinning disk when trying to get the match stream running? I'm going to guess that it happens to us about 20% of the time. The solution is usually to refresh the page and try again (and sometimes it takes 3-5 times to get it to work). If this affects you too, it would be interesting to hear which hardware and browser you use (for us, a Mac and Chrome).
I’m just on a Windows pc and using Edge. As you say, if you get the spinning dots a Refresh (or two) generally works.

I usually login very early and hit the Watch Live button as soon as it’s available. That takes me to the placeholder screen with the Club crests. Only very occasionally do I get the spinning dots when starting the stream that early, it gets more prevalent the nearer to kick-off time you get as the numbers logging in increases.

For those using a VPN, you can switch off the VPN as soon as you get to the placeholder screen. Remember to switch it on again in the event you need to Refresh for any reason though.

I subscribed to RTV the other week there using the same email address as my ticket office account. Is it just a case of sitting back and waiting for the club to add the MyGers points on or do I have to link my RTV and Ticket Office account?

I tried to do that but just came up with a broken link Seat Geek message. My mate had to message them and get the points added manually so just wondering if I will have to do this as well.

I subscribed to RTV the other week there using the same email address as my ticket office account. Is it just a case of sitting back and waiting for the club to add the MyGers points on or do I have to link my RTV and Ticket Office account?

I tried to do that but just came up with a broken link Seat Geek message. My mate had to message them and get the points added manually so just wondering if I will have to do this as well.
It’s supposed to happen automatically these days (you used to need to insert your Rangers Number) - but it doesn’t always happen. You could wait and see at the next update or, if the points are critical to you right now, maybe drop MyGers an email.

It’s supposed to happen automatically these days (you used to need to insert your Rangers Number) - but it doesn’t always happen. You could wait and see at the next update or, if the points are critical to you right now, maybe drop MyGers an email.
Thanks mate. I already dropped them a note and they said it would be picked up in the next quarterly update on points. I will be on it to chase them if it isn’t as will need the points for the waiting list.

Thanks mate. I already dropped them a note and they said it would be picked up in the next quarterly update on points. I will be on it to chase them if it isn’t as will need the points for the waiting list.
Next update should be imminent so watch out for it.

If you buy the RTV package this late in season do you still get full MyGers points?
No reason why you wouldn't - your subscription would run for 365 days from when you take it out not just until the end of the season.

I'd say its unlikely the points would be credited in the April update though, you probably wouldn't have them added until July. Normally takes several weeks for them to be manually added. I presume you'd only get the points credited per year rather than per season if that's what you mean. You wouldn't get the points this season and again at the start of next season.

No reason why you wouldn't - your subscription would run for 365 days from when you take it out not just until the end of the season.

I'd say its unlikely the points would be credited in the April update though, you probably wouldn't have them added until July. Normally takes several weeks for them to be manually added.
Ah I see I thought it ran for the length of a season. I’ll just wait until summer then

Currently in Miami, and not getting option to buy the Match Pass. Anyone any idea?

Only letting me buy a standard subscription etc.

In Spain and have subscribed but not getting a watch now option. Does it take a few minutes?
Yeah it does. Your confirmation email will have told you that. It doesn't take long but there will be a slight delay.

Again, as above, if on mobile device, turn off mobile data and use local wifi.

Now the post-split fixtures are announced, and Sky have selected the games they will show, it looks like Sky have done us over.

Clubs are permitted to screen just 5 Home league matches per season within the UK, provided they are not live on Sky. So far, we have had six (Motherwell, Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Ross County) this season.

A separate agreement with Sky saw our figure increased to 7 for this season. However, with Sky showing both post-split Ibrox fixtures live then there will be no 7th game live within the UK on RangersTV.

Now the post-split fixtures are announced, and Sky have selected the games they will show, it looks like Sky have done us over.

Clubs are permitted to screen just 5 Home league matches per season within the UK, provided they are not live on Sky. So far, we have had six (Motherwell, Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Ross County) this season.

A separate agreement with Sky saw our figure increased to 7 for this season. However, with Sky showing both post-split Ibrox fixtures live then there will be no 7th game live within the UK on RangersTV.
Amen to VPNs then.

Amen to VPNs then.
Of course. The games will still be available with a VPN. Just seems odd that we did the deal with Sky to show 7 (after the postponed Ross County game at Ibrox) and, in the end, we didn't utilise it to bring in some extra dosh. We should probably have realised that Sky would show both Home fixtures after the split and screened the Hibs game at Ibrox (3-1) live in the UK for the extra revenue. Or even the disastrous Motherwell game. Chance missed.

Has anyone got the stream to start yet? I have a black screen with "Currently not broadcasting - video will play once broadcasting starts""

Back