Season ticket refund ?

You need to factor in the cash earned from the new membership fees.

Appreciate that but circa 12k at £50 is only 600k.
Dont think some of our supporters realise the potential financial implications of no fans in stadium to probably late 2020.
Rangers will.not be immune to having to downsize the product on the park against loss of income generated.

This is a difficult dilemma. Many who are minded not to take the rebate in truth could do with the money, if for nothing else as a contribution towards the forthcoming season's ticket.

If the players took a substantial pay cut (at least 50%) until such times as the fans are allowed to attend games again, the decision would be easier. There would at least be the feeling that all money would be going to seeing the club through this difficult time, rather than players not facing up to the new economic reality.

If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgivable.

Edit... I've had to edit this post in order to draw attention to the first sentence for fresh FFers viewing the thread. The complete inability of certain posters to digest it is doing my fecking nut in. :))

don’t see why this is the biggest season of our lives - maybe Celtic believe that but thus nine in a row nonsense needs stopped, we weren’t in the league for 50 pc of the time and they didn’t will season 20-21 - that will always have an asterisk - we need to win something next year but given the extra revenue they have it will be difficult to win the league

I have absolutely no issue with anyone requesting a refund regardless of their current financial situation.
The reality is football club’s are not charities. Yes we have an emotional investment as well as a financial one but we have that to our families first and foremost.
I’m paying a not insignificant amount of money for two season tickets in the club deck for next season and ponying up for MyGers also. Too right I’m having that £25 voucher to counter the cost of that as I will only be using for any potential European trips.

Does anyone actually know how much the refund would be?

just curious if anyone who has had to take it up has had word back yet

I believe the way Rangers have handled this situation is nothing short of a disgrace. The impression that they give to me is that they are trying their damndest not to facilitate any money back to the fans.

They offered a poultry £25 voucher, only to then come out days later with the refund statement when the fans rightly kicked up a fuss...must have thought we were mugs as well as loyal..

They then advise on the refund form that fans who requested the voucher cannot apply for the refund...which is truly shocking..it’s not the fans fault that they release the refund statement when some fans have already taken the voucher..

You then have to be a detective to find anything on their webpage regards refunds, never mind locating the actual form..

With regards to the refund form, do they seriously think everyone has a printer in their house? It’s easy for them to deal by email when they want the season ticket money off you yet when we need to contact them we need to print it off and post it back...will also need to be sent RD post as well as I wouldn’t put it past them to say they never received..

Despite the fact that all fans will be watching on tv, some fans are still being asked to pay more than others for the full price of their ST..joke..

The fact they cannot send confirmation emails when renewed...

Just a shit show all round from the club...
You are spot on.

Players and staff should definitely be taking a modest pay cut, say 10% on the 3 deferred months. Might equate to about £500k. Instead of which the club are dragging their heels on offering refunds.

I honestly think there’s a strong possibility you’ll get 25 quid cash instead of the 25 quid voucher if you apply for refund!

Why do people make up stuff like this?

in fact are you the season ticket holder/supporters representative? Can you find out for me
And it’s incorrect as has been discussed on here previously.

What made you conclude that when the club have confirmed otherwise? Or were you not aware?

Why do you think that the club would be calling £25 a refund?

Well I equated it with the 25 quid voucher for those not wanting a cash refund, I don’t think it’s a wild assumption? I was clearly not aware, although why is the refund process not as simple as a deposit back in your bank account if requested much the way a season ticket payment is easily processed without need for printing out filling out and posting forms away for said refund?

in fact are you the season ticket holder/supporters representative? Can you find out for me

Well I equated it with the 25 quid voucher for those not wanting a cash refund, I don’t think it’s a wild assumption? I was clearly not aware, although why is the refund process not as simple as a deposit back in your bank account if requested much the way a season ticket payment is easily processed without need for printing out filling out and posting forms away for said refund?
Are you wanting the cashback for the 5 games ( I'm assuming you have an ST )

Are you wanting the cashback for the 5 games ( I'm assuming you have an ST )

yes I have had a season ticket for 25 years myself, and my son has had one the last 5 years he’s 17, this pandemic has screwed me up a bit financially but I’ve managed to buy my sons for next season , if I get the refund on both season tickets I can then be in a position to buy mines too for next season and continue joining my boy at Ibrox because that’s our thing!

yes I have had a season ticket for 25 years myself, and my son has had one the last 5 years he’s 17, this pandemic has screwed me up a bit financially but I’ve managed to buy my sons for next season , if I get the refund on both season tickets I can then be in a position to buy mines too for next season and continue joining my boy at Ibrox because that’s our thing!

so any help or clarity on getting that refund and how much it would be is greatly appreciated

so any help or clarity on getting that refund and how much it would be is greatly appreciated

What is it you are trying to find out? The form that needs to be completed and sent to Rangers is on the official website. It’s been linked earlier in this thread. The official site was down earlier today but I’m not sure if it still is. When you can, print off the form, complete it and send it in. In due course you will get your refund. As has also been stated, the amount is dependent upon the value of your season ticket, which varies by location. I’d assume 5/19ths of the cost of the season ticket. Everybody will differ. I’m sure you could work that out.

What is it you are trying to find out? The form that needs to be completed and sent to Rangers is on the official website. It’s been linked earlier in this thread. The official site was down earlier today but I’m not sure if it still is. When you can, print off the form, complete it and send it in. In due course you will get your refund. As has also been stated, the amount is dependent upon the value of your season ticket, which varies by location. I’d assume 5/19ths of the cost of the season ticket. Everybody will differ. I’m sure you could work that out.

how much is the refund? If it’s buttons they can keep it, if it’s substantial enough to afford next seasons ticket?

I don't think anyone should have a problem with your position regarding your refund, you just seem to be very angry when as others have said it's on the official website
I hope you get it sorted

how much is the refund? If it’s buttons they can keep it, if it’s substantial enough to afford next seasons ticket?

Why do you keep asking how much? Nobody has had a refund so nobody can tell you. Work on the basis of 5/19ths as I’ve said, it will surely be around that figure. Possibly slightly lower if they make an admin charge but we don’t know. As a rule of thumb probably somewhere between £125-£160 I’d have thought but that’s only a guess.

Why do you keep asking how much? Nobody has had a refund so nobody can tell you. Work on the basis of 5/19ths as I’ve said, it will surely be around that figure. Possibly slightly lower if they make an admin charge but we don’t know. As a rule of thumb probably somewhere between £125-£160 I’d have thought but that’s only a guess.

no meaning to annoy anyone just seeking advice, thanks for yer info bud

No wonder they cunts across the road get away with their ‘we are the good guys love Palestine’ shite , when you can’t sort out a genuine query on here without suspicion!

Robert that's because you are luckily in a position not to worry about it which is great but some aren't that lucky.
That's fundamentally not true, just because I don't come on complaining does not mean we haven't had issues that we are striving to conclude to a positive outcome. we like every other pub that has been closed for about 3 months and in all probability, will be closed for another 3 months, maybe even another 6 or 7 months before we have enough fans back at Ibrox to make it financially viable to open.
But that is our problem along with every other business in the UK
So, in my opinion, none of these businesses are in a 'lucky ' position

That's fundamentally not true, just because I don't come on complaining does not mean we haven't had issues that we are striving to conclude to a positive outcome. we like every other pub that has been closed for about 3 months and in all probability, will be closed for another 3 months, maybe even another 6 or 7 months before we have enough fans back at Ibrox to make it financially viable to open.
But that is our problem along with every other business in the UK
So, in my opinion, none of these businesses are in a 'lucky ' position
Aren’t beer gardens opening at the end of this week with phase 2? That’s if all goes well and no increase of deaths.

Aren’t beer gardens opening at the end of this week with phase 2? That’s if all goes well and no increase of deaths.
I think the conditions they will add to this will make it practically impossible for the vast majority of pubs with beer gardens to make a profit

I think the conditions they will add to this will make it practically impossible for the vast majority of pubs with beer gardens to make a profit
I’m aware of it possibly being a three pint limit or something but thought that’d be just to let others in if there’s a queue.

I’m aware of it possibly being a three pint limit or something but thought that’d be just to let others in if there’s a queue.
Some of the suggestions I have seen
2m Rule ( I think it will be reduced to 1m )
Table service only ( which means if a staff member contracted the virus, they would be in contact with everyone they served )
Portable toilets so customers don't use the same toilets ( Where do you start with that?)
Limit the customer to one hour ( good luck with that )
And the best one I heard was some Councilor down South who suggested all staff should wear protective clothing

Table service only ( which means if a staff member contracted the virus, they would be in contact with everyone they served )
Portable toilets so customers don't use the same toilets ( Where do you start with that?)
And the best one I heard was some Councilor down South who suggested all staff should wear protective clothing
I can see some places opening but that’s going to be hard to enforce those rules above. If businesses are still/ have been given a loan then most will stay closed at least another few weeks till phase 3 and more relaxation of the rules.

I put this in the COVID thread but has no official advice been received as yet? I can’t see Nippy saying everything can reopen outdoors on Thursday and it being put in place immediately at this rate.

I put this in the COVID thread but has no official advice been received as yet? I can’t see Nippy saying everything can reopen outdoors on Thursday and it being put in place immediately at this rate.

if they haven’t found a way to get rid of social distancing by the end of the year I’m seriously gonna worry for the state of this country. We cannot continue to live like this long term. It’s not practical. Look at places like New Zealand eradicating it fully and think how bad it will be if by January we are still being told to stay 1/2 metres apart and no treatment exists to stop people dying

if they haven’t found a way to get rid of social distancing by the end of the year I’m seriously gonna worry for the state of this country. We cannot continue to live like this long term. It’s not practical. Look at places like New Zealand eradicating it fully and think how bad it will be if by January we are still being told to stay 1/2 metres apart and no treatment exists to stop people dying
I think the situation over there is a bit different, much more sparsely populated! We’ll go down to 1.5/1m soon I’d assume but the effects of this are going to be around for a long time.

I think the situation over there is a bit different, much more sparsely populated! We’ll go down to 1.5/1m soon I’d assume but the effects of this are going to be around for a long time.

even 1m doesn’t really work in a lot of situations . Nightclubs for example could never open with any form of social distancing, closer to home . Fans at sport no chance , even hairdressers and pubs which are expected to open next month . Try maintaining 1m when everyone’s had a bit to much to drink. The govt need to find a way to get rid of this virus or at least a treatment that stops folk dying and we can live with it

I agree with you however if the poster is in the financial difficulty I don't think asking Rangers for a £120 refund to buy a new ST is a smart financial move a if money is so tight buying a ST would the be at the lowest of my priorities

there are varying degrees of financial difficulty. It’s not always black and white.

For the vast majority of us who live by good Presbyterian values wouldn’t look down on anyone who haS no choice but take a refund to genuinely look after the right priorities in life, COVID impact or not.

It’s the few chancers out there (not the OP) who havnt been adversely impacted and see this as an opportunity to save a few quid and subsidies next years season ticket cost that would stick in my throat.
The club have done the right thing here making the offer, not much they can do if there are people out there who decide to abuse it.
Yes and no I just took the voucher back to go towards mygers but reality is we had what third of our home games to go

150 plus quid for most a 25 quid voucher Is pretty poor considering what was left to play.

The club could have handled it better either way. Different freebies re RTV or better use of the voucher than the limited you can get.

Its right the club are refunding but adding mygers on top most people I know just feel the club are doing a cash grab nothing more.

I believe the way Rangers have handled this situation is nothing short of a disgrace. The impression that they give to me is that they are trying their damndest not to facilitate any money back to the fans.

They offered a poultry £25 voucher, only to then come out days later with the refund statement when the fans rightly kicked up a fuss...must have thought we were mugs as well as loyal..

They then advise on the refund form that fans who requested the voucher cannot apply for the refund...which is truly shocking..it’s not the fans fault that they release the refund statement when some fans have already taken the voucher..

You then have to be a detective to find anything on their webpage regards refunds, never mind locating the actual form..

With regards to the refund form, do they seriously think everyone has a printer in their house? It’s easy for them to deal by email when they want the season ticket money off you yet when we need to contact them we need to print it off and post it back...will also need to be sent RD post as well as I wouldn’t put it past them to say they never received..

Despite the fact that all fans will be watching on tv, some fans are still being asked to pay more than others for the full price of their ST..joke..

The fact they cannot send confirmation emails when renewed...

Just a shit show all round from the club...
It's chicken feed.
[/QUOTE]

Auto correct..paltry..well done..

Wouldn't surprise me if it was just a £25 refund...I say this because on the refund form it says if you have already requested the £25 voucher, you are not entitled to claim for the refund...that to me is rotten because fans who had applied for the voucher before any notification of a refund have now been "done" so to speak....

Back