Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to save time when you arrive in Spain download the app called SpTH (Spain Travel Health) and upload your covid passport, flight details and contact info. Its what they will ask for, they're not interested in the NHS app you need to complete your info in this app.

It says on their travel website if you are fully vaccinated or have covid recovery that you don't need to fill that out

It says on their travel website if you are fully vaccinated or have covid recovery that you don't need to fill that out

I've been asked to show it every time I've went. Up to you mate but I'm talking from experience of travelling +6 times a year to canary islands. I'm flying there on Wednesday before flying to Madrid next Tuesday. I will be more than happy to report back if they ask me for it again this week.

If you want to save time when you arrive in Spain download the app called SpTH (Spain Travel Health) and upload your covid passport, flight details and contact info. Its what they will ask for, they're not interested in the NHS app you need to complete your info in this app.
Done away with that I think.

Covid passport is fine

It could be chaos I agree, but how many flights other than charters will be flying out at that time? Nothing domestic I would guess. CTM is going to Malaga airport so will be separate coaches, that takes care of 4 plane loads.

Still some decent prices for Lisbon, very tempting :))

I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if there's any update on fan zones / places to watch the game in Seville tbh. Otherwise it'd be kinda pointless going over.

Finally got my flights sorted! Out: Glasgow to Dublin. Dublin to Seville via Santiago (tight connection). Return: Almeria to Gatwick. Gatwick to Dublin and then Dublin to Glasgow.

I land in Brussels at 0830 and have a 0940 flight with a different airline. Not a clue about airports. What's my chances?

Any one on the 08:10 from Stansted to Malaga on the Wednesday morning ? Travelling down from Glasgow on Tuesday night straight after work need to try find some where to stay for a few hours in London Tuesday night or get to the airport to sleep in there for a few hours until check in.
Train from Malaga to Seville and then flying back Seville Dublin Edinburgh straight back to work on the Thursday.

Anyone else have the feeling there’s going to be an utter disaster of a situation for thousands of people trying to get in and out of Seville by bus or train etc? It’s giving me the fear just thinking about it.

Anyone else have the feeling there’s going to be an utter disaster of a situation for thousands of people trying to get in and out of Seville by bus or train etc? It’s giving me the fear just thinking about it.

I've now had 3 separate transfers from Seville to Malaga cancelled.

It's getting to the stage where I don't think it's going to be an enjoyable experience. Realistically, you'll probably need to find a pub early bells and stay there the whole day if they decide to not have screens.

None that I'm aware of they only want to see the proof of doses.
I've been asked to show it every time I've went. Up to you mate but I'm talking from experience of travelling +6 times a year to canary islands. I'm flying there on Wednesday before flying to Madrid next Tuesday. I will be more than happy to report back if they ask me for it again this week.
Mate they have done away with that now
I was in Tenerife in November and it was required but I came back yesterday after being there 10 days and it was not needed they did not even look at the NHS Scotland app at the airport just waved you through when you showed them your phone

Yeah the problem now for people isn’t getting to Spain, it’s getting into Seville on match day from surrounding areas. Could be a disaster just showing up in Malaga or Faro thinking you’ll hop on a train No bother, be a few thousand squeaky bums next Wed morning!

Last edited:
Been advised by a Spanish friend of mine from the Seville area that this is the best bar to go to near the stadium:
Just booked a bar resteraunt Cerveceira Europa Sevilla, limited seats left, it's not far from the stadium, mixed company though .
Did you receive 2 emails. I have just received one so far which isn't a full confirmation?

Getting back to the airport is really putting me off.

There’s going to be thousands of us all piling towards Seville airport. No sure buses or taxis will be running especially if there’s been any trouble.

It’ll be utter chaos, like the fall of Saigon.

Mind you, worth it if we win.

I don't think it will to be honest. There are no domestic flights I don't think at that time. It will be about 3 or 4 planes?

A word of advice for all fans heading over to Seville - if you must post screenshots of your booked flights, make sure you don’t have all your details showing. I know of one person in the last few months who posted all his details on Facebook only to find some jealous bastardo cancelled his flights.

I am looking on the various groups I am on in Facebook and so far this morning I have seen 5 different people posting screenshots of their flights to Seville and, any devious chunt, using the details of their accounts / email / booking reference, it would be quite possible for any lurking Tim to be very nasty.

I don't think it will to be honest. There are no domestic flights I don't think at that time. It will be about 3 or 4 planes?
No doubt the Germans will have a few charters also.

Just waiting on confimation .

Any idea yet what time Flight home will be ?

I take it the NHS Scotland app counts as proof?
Yes that fine
Screenshot it just in case you struggle to bring it back on your phone , it does have a live sticker on it but when I went through the never even looked

We have 55mins from our flight arriving in cdg paris to the connecting flight to lisbon. Never done this before is this normal?
CDG is a chunt of an airport and if flying from a Non Schengen country (UK) to a Schengen country (Portugal) you will have to go through passport and depending where you arriving from, security again. I have done 6 flights from Edinburgh to CDG (and onwards) in the last 6 months and although your times are tight, it is possible to make the flight - the shortest connection time we have had has been 45 minutes and we made that.

I hope your whole route is with the same airline group and on the same booking reference number as airline will look after you. However, that could still be a problem if your are flying on the Wednesday as all subsequent flights will be full.

Yeah the problem now for people isn’t getting to Spain, it’s getting into Seville on match day from surrounding areas. Could be a disaster just showing up in Malaga or Faro thinking you’ll hop on a train No bit her, be a few thousand squeaky bums next Wed morning!
Absolutely. Seen a few affordable flights but can't get to and from airport from sev on time as it stands. Frustrating as hell.

Worked seamlessly when I went to malaga at easter.

Yes that fine
Screenshot it just in case you struggle to bring it back on your phone , it does have a live sticker on it but when I went through the never even looked
Doesn't let you screenshot, unless someone knows how to override that?

Doesn't let you screenshot, unless someone knows how to override that?
I works on my iPhone but does give you a warning that if you do it again the app will lock fir 5 mins

Tbh it’s not really needed but saves fumbling about

Finally fully booked up and ready to go.

Bus from Glasgow to Edinburgh
Flight from Edinburgh to Brussels
Flight from Brussels to Alicante
Bus from Benidorm to Seville
Bus from Seville to Benidorm
Flight from Alicante to Manchester
Train from Manchester to Glasgow.

Out the Tuesday, home the Thursday.

Can relax now that it's all sorted. Been stressed out my moobs since the final whistle went on Thursday!

Another bar in benidorm has buses priced at €150, how does that work
We booked on the Humber Pilot buses, and they charged us 150 euro.

To be honest I'm not caring, we were looking at private taxis that were quoting a grand.

When I spoke to the lad Dale at Travelbank last night, he said they were still awaiting on 100% confirmation their 2 flights (they have added a second one) will be going in and out of Seville airport. The alternative being Jerez which is just over an hours drive away

He said the Spanish authorities had still to decide on whether to separate the fans and allocate an airport each - but this theory doesn't quite stack up, when there are already bears coming into Seville on scheduled flights.

He said if Travelbank flights do end up going to Jerez, then Travelbank will put on buses to and from the airport/city.

He also mentioned that once the chosen airport is certain and should it turn out to be Seville airport, Travelbank will look at possibly putting on transfers for the short journey to and from the city - they just hadn't wanted to book these yet until the airport was certain.

Been advised by a Spanish friend of mine from the Seville area that this is the best bar to go to near the stadium:

Did you receive 2 emails. I have just received one so far which isn't a full confirmation?
Update, my son got the email then a text confirming the booking

I'm on the 20.30 from Manchester to Faro on Monday. Back on the Thursday. Booked the train to Manchester as well from Glasgow. Been contemplating punting the flights though since I didn't manage to get a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back