Shankland

Is he signing?

• Absolutely not

• He will have a bar scarf above his head tonight

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought for those who may be seeking consolation at 2331 tonight, signing Shankland may not be in Rangers best interest. We can only take up to 6 PTS from them this season, with the remainder in the hands of the rest of the teams in the league. Hearts would be seriously weakened without him and we need teams that can take points from them.

A thought for those who may be seeking consolation at 2331 tonight, signing Shankland may not be in Rangers best interest. We can only take up to 6 PTS from them this season, with the remainder in the hands of the rest of the teams in the league. Hearts would be seriously weakened without him and we need teams that can take points from them.
That’s a fair point, hadn’t looked at it that way

Sign him then loan him back to Hearts. Got it

Not one team interested in this outstanding striker yet posters genuinely think winning the league hinged on him. This place is full of absolute fruit cakes
And you're more than welcome so please relax and feel at home brother!

Not one team interested in this outstanding striker yet posters genuinely think winning the league hinged on him. This place is full of absolute fruit cakes
Goals wins games, winning games wins you leagues. His stats are there for all to see, he would of been a much needed and great addition to our squad there is no doubt about that.

He would have been great for us, but nah we have ballsed it up.

Still when Roofes fit it will be like having a new striker….

We needed a striker this window. We never got it
Club are chucking money away on wages for Clement and Koppen when they could have had you for a fraction of the cost and used the money left over for Shankland.

Never even thought about that to be honest. Forget us, why the hell are other clubs not fighting Hearts to take him :))

Ok we never signed him in this window, if he proceeds to sign a new contract with Hearts he will never fulfil his dream of becoming a Rangers player, he needs to let his contract run down a bit more before he will become a viable option for Rangers

Ok we never signed him in this window, if he proceeds to sign a new contract with Hearts he will never fulfil his dream of becoming a Rangers player, he needs to let his contract run down a bit more before he will become a viable option for Rangers
You’d hope that by the time that happens we’re in a better position and not desperate enough to look at him as a potential big hitter for us.

I personally would have liked to have him for this six months. But I don’t think we will sign him in the summer. I don’t think he’s what Clement wants. Although I’m sure he’d have taken him just now. This was his only window to come to us.

Whether he could have done more to force the move or whether Hearts were never going to sell at a price we’d buy at, I don’t know. He isn’t worth anywhere near the same in the summer.

No he won’t be signing as that means actually spending money on a player excluding wages as we net spent what 2 million in summer and %^*& all January and we got a bonus 3 million by topping EL group which is money they never expected to make

I think Clement is the 8th Rangers manager who has refused to take a punt on Shankland, kind of tells its own story.

We’re not signing him in 18 months time. Too old by then and we’ll have moved on.

The number of times we should have signed this lad is unreal. We’ve consistently had delusions of grandeur and went for the expensive exotic option. Looks like that despite only having one “striker” who is as reliable as broken clock, again we seem to have shot ourselves in the foot.

I had hoped that the recruitment team refresh would have brought in some common sense.

He’s not THE solution but his goals, and he would score them, would have been invaluable for us winning this league and the Scottish cup.

Goals wins games, winning games wins you leagues. His stats are there for all to see, he would have been a much needed and great addition to our squad there is no doubt about that.
I’m sure there are some very good reasons why he wasn’t signed.

Main one is pretty obvious and that is Rangers don’t have the money for it and this season’s budget was already spent.

Why do you think all three players signed have been loans?

The number of times we should have signed this lad is unreal. We’ve consistently had delusions of grandeur and went for the expensive exotic option. Looks like that despite only having one “striker” who is as reliable as broken clock, again we seem to have shot ourselves in the foot.

I had hoped that the recruitment team refresh would have brought in some common sense.

He’s not THE solution but his goals, and he would score them, would have been invaluable for us winning this league and the Scottish cup.
Ffs he’s had the most unspectacular career ever.

Our problem we don’t want to encourage rough Scottish talent to try to bring them on, instead go for foreign players, with our manager, he would bring the best out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back