Should Jamie Murphy be loaned out

On the fence on this one.
Think he could struggle to get much fame time this year
Might be wrong

Having come back from Injury recently and with the amount of Depth we have in his position should he be loaned out this season for the first 6 months at least to get decent game time after his injury

No he is in the right place with the right people looking after him, he will play his part.

Depends on the shape.

I think like Arfield he would flourish in the position just behind the striker.

I like the guy and hope he returns to his form.

But like the squad there is competion all over the shop and you know folk will be breathing down your neck.

This is the season.

Murphy was arguably one of our biggest signings last year and now people want him punted one year later ?

Some absolutely clueless posters on here.

Oh and hes also scored more goals in less games than Kent so just let that sink in

If Kent returns then yes, loan him out until January as he won’t get much game time ahead of Kent / Jones / Ojo / Candeias

A bad injury playing for us on a shitty plastic pitch.

I feel sorry for him.

That’s right mate but what’s that got to do with the point of the thread?

He got injured. That’s a shame. Will he come back? Hopefully yes! Will he be good enough to hit the ground running after such an injury lay-off???

#55 won’t wait for nice guys to get fit.
That’s why Rossiter and Dorrans are on their way out.

IF he is not required I don't think it we would be a loan. I would say we would sell him rather than loan. Can't see SG sending a 30 year old out on loan.

I rate Murphy highly. Don’t really understand why we would be looking to get him out on loan.
A good pre season behind him and a good euro run will see him have plenty of opportunity.
This is his time to prove his worth.
Others had their’s last season and blew it.
Murphy’s been injured for a long period, the lad needs a Chance now to stake his claim.

We actually don’t have that much depth in his position. We have loads of right sided wide players but only Jones and Murphy are naturally left sided and only Murphy plays as left inside forward. If we got Kent or a left sided striker it would change it but we should be keeping him now

Was just about to post the same. We have guys that can play there but whether they prove to be a ‘strength’ remains to be seen. Absolutely no way should he be loaned out.

I'm not sure what time you mean? it is the end of the close season and he is only a game or two behind. That is not a major amount. Look at Stewart & Hastie, never even got game time today, will it take them time to get up to speed.

He'll not play two games in a week, but will play one, and managed correctly will be a good player for us.

I mean more like managing him back into a demanding schedule off the back of a bad injury

Just my opinion but I don't think he's at the level required. Said it last summer before his horror injury, he's just not for me. Obviously hope if he stays and plays he smashes it every game, love players to prove me wrong

Probably a better player than many who are raved about on here after a few games and with some indifferent spells.

However the guy has had as bad an injury as you can get-do we even know how far off he is?

For me there are other priorities in getting off the wage bill namely Grezda, Dodoo, Holt, Alnwick, Herrera and Lafferty. Dorrans probably as well however he has ability and experience, just way down the pecking order for his position. Murphy will play 25+ games for us this season if he remains injury free.

Having come back from Injury recently and with the amount of Depth we have in his position should he be loaned out this season for the first 6 months at least to get decent game time after his injury
Get why you're thinking that but for me, not at his age. He'll get his chances, hopefully it works out for him. Gerrard definitely seemed to like him early doors last year, and i think if hes over the injury properly he can be an importan player for us.

No way. He's coming back from a serious injury. His return has to be monitored and supported by our own medical team.

Why would we sell or loan him? We're finally looking like we have some depth in our squad and people want rid of important players? Confusing

Great opportunity to get him 60 minutes on Thursday. He will need a lot of game time and a 6 month loan isn't a bad suggestion if by the end of August he cant get on the bench past Ojo, Jones, Candeias, Stewart and Hastie.

Murphy was arguably one of our biggest signings last year and now people want him punted one year later ?

Some absolutely clueless posters on here.

Oh and hes also scored more goals in less games than Kent so just let that sink in
That Murphy used to be a striker and is a better finisher than the young winger?

I think a fit Jamie Murphy has a place in our squad, has some good qualities he can bring to the team and adds something different to the team, wouldn’t look to get rid of him

I don’t think it will take Murphy that long to get up to speed at all. Wasn’t he pretty much in full training before the end of last season?

A fit Jamie Murphy is a great option to have. He creates and chips in with goals.

Might not start the season in the match squad but we hope to play 60 games this season, so I say keep him.

Jamie deserves a chance to get back to his best

We need to give him some time to get back to his best form

Looking forward to seeing what he can do when match fit.As for loan deals ,can't see who's going to cover the costs.

Absolutely NOT. What a kick in the teeth to him that would be. Jamie is back, let him fight for his place.

People have really really short memories.

Before Murphy got injured, he was one of our best attacking threats. A cross between a goal scorer and a winger, great player to have.

The other short memory comment is, how strong a squad you need to win a league!!

I suggest our younger FFs research who sat on our bench during the glory years. That tells you what you need to win a league.

Looked like a player that had been out for a year today. I would be tempted to loan him out, but worry for his fitness.

Yeah I agree. Definitely don’t wont to be harsh with his first game back but it showed that he had been out and was off the pace.

We set such a fast pressing game that he never really was able to participate in. Again, it’s his first game back. I really hope he can be a great addition to this team but I have my doubt that’s all.

I rate the guy and it would be madness to loan or sell him. Now I'm optimistic for next season,but think everyone needs to calm down a bit as all we've done is play friendlies which at the end of the day are meaningless. Murphy has played in this kicking shithouse of a league,where it might take some a bit of getting used to football which is sometimes played like a punch up in a pub.

I’d simply play him in the development team until fully fit then fire him back into the squad , he’s a player of good standard who can play wide or through the middle with a modest goal and assist record would definitely be worth keeping

Sorry I upset you.

He’s well down the pecking order now. We have younger players with potential too in his position. If Kent returns too he’ll barely feature. Off the back of such a serious injury he needs games to regain his level. We have a title to win. Nice guy by all accounts and a fan, but he’s not the type that’s going to take us across the line at this point imo.

if hes not going to get many games then its asensible idea
purely to regain full fitness

if he gets back to full fitness hell be a great addition

I'd honestly have no objections to him being loaned out to find his feet again, for 6 months. He will need game time so he needs to play as much as possible.

If he's going to get the first team action at rangers he needs to allow him to return to the top of his game then no!

If he isn't then a loan might be sensible.

Give the lad a chance for F sake. Pecking order will take shape as the window shuts and I believe this guy at the helm will do what’s best for us. Competition is fierce

I’m hoping the injury hasn’t hampered him too much and he can contribute for us. He gives us goals from out wide which we have struggled with since he’s been out.

Murphy is the kinda player we have been missing. He may not have the pace of Kent but he certainly contributes more (yes I know I’ll take a slagging) but goals and assists win games. Yes I love Kent but he’s lacking these areas.

Back