Should Rangers make a play for lawrence shankland

If we were seriously wanting him last summer was the time to do it with the possibility to loan him out this season. Don't see that mob being easy to deal with if we were interested.

I’d imagine we’ve had a very close look at him and have decided he’s not good enough

When he was leaving Ayr I would’ve took a gamble on him and poss loaned him out but now Dundee Utd would want a few million I don’t think it’s worth that gamble.
Still a good player but just couldn’t justify the outlay to the amount of games he’d get

Hes gonna cost a lot of money now so i cant see it happening. Should have been an obvious signing when he was with Ayr.

Quite funny that people are still slagging him and talking levels, Utds pretty much a top level side and one of the bigger clubs and when he plays against Hibs or Hearts he scores.

I think the boy is a terrific player, and hes a Rangers lad, its weird that some posters seem to hate him prob cos hes never played or scored in Italy/Spain/Germany.

If we were interested we missed the boat in the summer when we could have got him on a Bosman. Been told he has a release clause of around £1m, not sure if true or not.

No.

Not even close to being good enough for our set up or style of play.

Look at Defoe, his ability, qualities, experience, movement, hold up and link up play. Even with him the side we struggle against the run of the mill Scottish sides, sides who are set up to remain organised, disciplined and with every man behind the ball.

I'd be delighted if he ended up at the bheggars because it means they would be down grading.

Its going to be hard to bring in a third striker with Morelos playing every game and Defoe being the second striker.

Should have went for him in the summer, relatively low wages and a year under our management and learning from Defoe and Morelos would have been great for him

Should have taken him from Ayr and loaned him out to a St Johnstone. Then he would be our asset to decide what to do with him.

Even if we were considering him, Dundee United would attach the standard selling to rangers tax and make themselves basically impossible to deal with. Not worth the effort

Comparing apples to oranges. The lad can undoubtably score goals in open play but could he open up a 10 man defence organised in two banks of five every week ?

I dont think he's good enough, but sometimes these players from the lower leagues can make the step up a level.

Not on the back of banging in goals at that level. Cummings looked the business in that league but has mostly struggled since.

Decent player at Championship level, don't think he has anywhere near enough quality to be at us though.

Comparing apples to oranges. The lad can undoubtably score goals in open play but could he open up a 10 man defence organised in two banks of five every week ?

I dont see why not, put it in the box he scores goals, he scores against the team we have to beat and hes getting better. Teams probably sit in against D utd as they are well ahead of the opposition at the level but ofcourse goals in that league do not count.

He wouldn’t fit our style of play so a no for me. Plus don’t want to give that mob any money

No idea why we didn't when he went for nout. Would have been a no risk situation and a 3rd choice with a chance to prove himself to be capable enough.

just saying someone plays in a low quality league is not enough. We will miss some diamonds if we don’t look at those players.

Back