Some of our fans are utterly addicted to drama.

Cromarty_Blue

Personal preference is to enjoy the win tonight, then if we struggle to break teams down in other games deal with the disappointment then.

Life too short to be worrying about what might happen, particularly when as fans there's absolutely nothing we can do to change the team.

CWOODPIONEER

1 cup final in 4, zero title challenges. Multiple points dropped in games just like today’s. Much the same personnel as last season.

It’s not really hard to see why people are worried is it? It really is Groundhog Day, we had the same discussions last season after a narrow win at Rugby Park.
You’re choking for the team to fail aren’t you? We just won at a tricky away venue playing our game. They had one shot at goal.

snoopyboymason

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
It was comfortable but we should have won by more the sloppiness going forward did frustrate me.

Carson's Cat

"our fans are utterly addicted to drama"? Are you just discovering this, OP?

The thread that made me laugh this week was the one complaining about the absence of leaks
when it comes to new signings.

We have a hefty coterie of sweetie wives, drama queens and curtain-twitchers in our fan base...

Colinrfc2

We didn't kill the game of when we had the chance, we have repeatedly seen similar performances cost us points for the last couple of years maybe that's why some people are worried
Although it is a good 3 points

Leo_Ger

Tags, we created one chance.

Every team is going to set up like that this season.

That is a big concern.
Off the top of my head, we scored one and had another from Aribo cleared off the line. So that's not true.

Think it's worth remembering it's the first game of the season. I've rarely seen one of those where we're absolutely firing on all cylinders (in fact we've won a few titles after not winning on the opening day) and today is was a competitive game played in entirely different circumstances to any that the players will have experienced previous.

Today was a pretty comfortable and professional if not comprehensive performance all things considered. There's definitely a degree of drama queenery already on show on here today that lacks perspective.

bearspakora

We won't win the League trying to hang onto slender 1-0 leads. At that scoreline, its easy to drop points, be it a fluke goal, penalty or dodgy ref decision. We've witnessed this scenario often enough. Just put teams away early, Rangers.

Delboy Trotter

Yes it was comfortable

Let’s not pretend it was a good performance though

First 30, great

Rest of the game very average with very little chances created. This is just picking up from where we were last season. All possession with very little chances created.

The fact our bench is so weak was telling with the lack of subs we made.

Delusional if anyone thinks that squad is capable of a title challenge over 38 games.

We badly need quality additions to the squad

Tagsbear

1 cup final in 4, zero title challenges. Multiple points dropped in games just like today’s. Much the same personnel as last season.

It’s not really hard to see why people are worried is it? It really is Groundhog Day, we had the same discussions last season after a narrow win at Rugby Park.
It was the widest of narrow wins today, nothing like last season.

If you want to create issues that aren’t evident fair do’s.

Tugay83

Routine enough win but we need to be creating more chances. We caught them out with a nicely worked and likely pre-rehersed move that they were sleeping for. Their chances were limited but aside of the goal we weren't creating that much ourselves either.

PrsoGood

I don't think there's anything to worry about from today, but I think it's fine to suggest that we looked a bit off the pace without getting melodramatic about it

But then again this is FF

Gandhi1872

I’ll give you the Aribo one.

Still a massive concern.

We need upgrades from middle to front. Two quality starters at least.
I don’t think all is going to be fixed by upgrades or better players. It’s more of an attitude problem imo and it seems to affect everyone no matter when they joined the club. The whole team gets so complacent when they go ahead and seem happy just to settle for a 1-0 and we know how much it’s cost them in the past. We were relatively comfortable today because Aberdeen have a poor team.

If they wanted it, that could’ve been 3 or 4. But no. We seem happy just to slow the game down and pass it backwards to sideways.

trueblue77

I don’t understand why it would bother any bear discussing and debating where and how we can improve, even in victory. We do enough to win most games but there’s certainly room for improvement.

602-Squadron

Maybe try and just enjoy the game and the fact they won. Not asking a lot is it. Some people seem to believe Rangers should be like liverpool or barcelona.

Stop thinking we're going to win games by at the very least 3 goals and you might enjoy it more.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
It was the widest of narrow wins today, nothing like last season.

If you want to create issues that aren’t evident fair do’s.
You say that as though there’s not ample proof that this type of performance is an issue. But in that same vain, if you want to pretend it’s all hunky dory and we’re on our way, fair do’s.

Spudgun

I don't get why people aren't concerned about results like this.
At 1-0 up, no matter how well we're playing, we're only one dodgy penalty, free kick or corner away from potentially conceding a goal.

Mind you, it's not likely that would happen, is it?

Its-Sebo

Delighted with the win, but can still see we’re short. It doesn’t always have to be one or the other

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I don’t understand why it would bother any bear discussing and debating where and how we can improve, even in victory. We do enough to win most games but there’s certainly room for improvement.
Because we’ve got happy clappers who just don’t want to hear any negativity over the team or manager as long as we get the points. What a boring and quiet place a discussion forum would be if that was the case.

Jelle1880

But all the evidence with this squad of players is they need to. Unpopular opinion here but that last 10 minutes in a Pittodrie full of fans could have ended up oh so differently.
The squad from last year ? True.

But from what I saw today I was never really worried we'd lose a goal.
That said we can still improve.

Jorg

we played well and thoroughly deserved the win, with such a good performance we should have scored again and killed the game

at 0-1 an unlikely goal for aberdeen would have sent this place into meltdown

fine margins

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
But all the evidence with this squad of players is they need to. Unpopular opinion here but that last 10 minutes in a Pittodrie full of fans could have ended up oh so differently.
I thought exactly the same thing. But I’m already getting grief for daring to discuss the deficiencies so I thought I might be pushing it to mention that.

Gandhi1872

People need to realise that you don't always have to score another one to kill off a game. A solid defensive performance is equally effective.
This for me is the complete wrong attitude, especially with this team. What have you seen from us in the past two seasons to suggest we can consistently defend well enough to hold on to a lead? We’ve seen the same performances numerous times against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone where we try and hold on and end up conceding stupid goals.

We are so much better than this Aberdeen team but we just make it hard for ourselves by settling for one. Why not kill the game off by being ruthless and scoring two or three rather than just holding on to one?

Tagsbear

Because we’ve got happy clappers who just don’t want to hear any negativity over the team or manager as long as we get the points. What a boring and quiet place a discussion forum would be if that was the case.
Terrible patter, nothing to do with ‘happy clappers’, up your game, there was absolutely no danger today but folk are desperate to create it, if today was carried out by a Walter Smith team no one would bat an eyelid.

Leo_Ger

It's a good thing today's game wasn't played in the hypothetical realm.

Maybe best to focus on what did happen rather than what could, might have or happened in the past.

Ke55y

Tags, we created one chance.

Every team is going to set up like that this season.

That is a big concern.
And 1 chance was all we needed....some of you forget the wins Walter used to grind out....that was a typical Walter Smith win today that's 1 of our big fixtures put the way clean sheet 3 points what more do you want

The Iceman

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
It followed the same pattern as many games up there even in to 6 mins added on.

We need more because we aren't going to win all those games 1_0

Bigbluebeard

As I've said before there is plenty of room for criticism towards the team but there are genuinely posters on here that what to be proven right more than anything even if it comes before Rangers having success, there are also posters that revel in their reputations of their posting styles etc.

602-Squadron

I don't get why people aren't concerned about results like this.
At 1-0 up, no matter how well we're playing, we're only one dodgy penalty, free kick or corner away from potentially conceding a goal.

Mind you, it's not likely that would happen, is it?
At the same time we're only one free kick, corner or deflection from going 2 up. That's football, if it was predictable every week people would lose interest.