Souttar early impressions

Not started well but clearly he is dealing with a lot in the background.

I would take him out for a while and let him settle, maybe bring him back for the QOTS game.

Early days but he will have a tough gig getting back in the team. Davies is likely to be first choice and Sands looks better with every game

Andy Goram start. Now needs taking out the team for Sands and broken in gentle. If he does have family problems then let him sort his head out and come back in a few weeks time.
We have Sands, Davies muts also nearly be fit and King. No need to make the situation worse.
Goram was much, much worse and over a number of games. And look at how that turned out.

Players need time to adapt to life at Rangers were every mistake is under the microscope, even in friendlies against one of the best front lines in world football.

He was awful today and I don’t think we’ll see him starting again for a while now.

I’m definitely not writing him off. Better players than Souttar have had poor performances on their debuts and turned out to be great players for us.

The bit that surprised me the most was that he seemed to struggle with the physical stuff today. I thought that would’ve been his strength.

Think he will need time to settle especially if there has been personal issues.

I do think especially against Spurs he was trying too hard to impress and I think he looks better on the right hand side of the defence.

As ever there is a balance here.
Souttar was poor, but there are some.mitigating circumstances.
He will get time to settle but coming to a club like ours, you are only as good as your last performance.
Hope the lad gets over a horrible week for him

Not started well but clearly he is dealing with a lot in the background.

I would take him out for a while and let him settle, maybe bring him back for the QOTS game.

Early days but he will have a tough gig getting back in the team. Davies is likely to be first choice and Sands looks better with every game
Couldn't agree more

Long term I'd regard him as Goldson's understudy and only ever play him on the left side in an absolute emergency

He was honking yesterday, didn’t expect him to be bullied in the way he was.

I’m not writing him off but I hope the coaching staff do more work with the back line, specifically the left side.

Saying that, maybe when Yilmaz comes in he’ll have a better understanding of his game, which sees him improve.

Even when arriving from other Scottish clubs, players deserve to be given time to settle in. However, there's no point in pretending that he's hit the ground running. Will see how he's looking after half a season. No need to write him off at this point.

Lundstram comparison is ludicrous - he was new to the SPL, Souttar is playing against players and teams he knows well.

Either he is not nearly as good as we thought, or his personal circumstances (understandably) affected his performance. In which case that’s on the manager, which is more worrying.

Even when arriving from other Scottish clubs, players deserve to be given time to settle in. However, there's no point in pretending that he's hit the ground running. Will see how he's looking after half a season. No need to write him off at this point.
Of course there isn’t. But plenty still have. They just never learn.

Souttar is a good signing at a very good price point.

No doubt he’ll come good after a day to forgot.

Lundstram turned it around, I’d argue Bassey did aswell, no reason why Souttar can’t once he’s in a good place mentally.

Sands looks like a completely different player this season, he could be a real surprise.

That's nonsense. Out of his depth would suggest his makes were unavoidable; not so. He can improve, and hopefully that's exactly what he does.

The whole thing is nonsense. Quite clearly our fitness levels are brilliant. As seen at the end of last year. Why would they then allow a player who is heavy and cumbersome play?

Transfer window still open, can we get rid of him?

Sands ahead of him now for sure. Davies will be first pick. I expect we won’t see much of John Souttar and thank %^*&.

Transfer window still open, can we get rid of him?

Sands ahead of him now for sure. Davies will be first pick. I expect we won’t see much of John Souttar and thank %^*&.

What an absolute embarrassing post.

People like this have no clue.

To be honest, people like you should get to fuck.

Even after knowing about his personal issues you still come away with this nonsense.

Looks like a guy that's won a competition to play.

I honestly don't see him be anything other than a sub for most of the season.

Meh.

He looks every bit a free transfer from Hearts.
ENcdvIJ.gif

I’m not one for writing players of early especially just after there debut but games I’ve seen him thru his career with Utd and hearts he wouldn’t of been a player I would’ve be brung to Rangers and not in a millions years to play instead of balogun

I’m not one for writing players of early especially just after there debut but games I’ve seen him thru his career with Utd and hearts he wouldn’t of been a player I would’ve be brung to Rangers and not in a millions years to play instead of balogun

Keep a close eye on Hearts a mates son plays there. And I’m of the exact same opinion I’d have left him where he was

Halkett is miles ahead of him

Keep a close eye on Hearts a mates son plays there. And I’m of the exact same opinion I’d have left him where he was

Exactly mate and halkett wasn’t deemed good enough for us
To even think he’s better than balogun is worrying and if he was signed because they thought goldson was away is even more worrying

Exactly mate and halkett wasn’t deemed good enough for us
To even think he’s better than balogun is worrying and if he was signed because they thought goldson was away is even more worrying

They signed him because they thought Goldson was away?

Even Goldson has came out and said he hadn't thought about it til the season was over.

Why?

Lundstram comparison is ludicrous - he was new to the SPL, Souttar is playing against players and teams he knows well.

Either he is not nearly as good as we thought, or his personal circumstances (understandably) affected his performance. In which case that’s on the manager, which is more worrying.
He has played 90 competitive minutes. Get a fkn grip. Ludicrous indeed.

Souttar has had a poor start but it’s understandable. New team/coaches/philosophy, playing on his “wrong” side and personal issues.

Regardless - he’ll do what he’s been brought in to do. Provide back up to our first choice centre-back pairing (which will be Goldson and Davies)

You would think people would have learned not to go all in with their stupid opinions after Lundstram last season - apparently not.
Nope, they will continue with absolute shite if a new signing doesn’t hit the ground running.

Colak was written off by a couple of people 20 minutes into a pre season friendly against West Ham! That’s the level of mentalness we are dealing with here.

That said I do think Souttar will be a squad player rather than a first pick, Davies is a natural left sided centre half, I fully expect him and Goldson to be first choice with Souttar playing the Balogun role of filling in when required.

We will play loads of games though so I think he will get plenty of chances.

No he isn’t.

I backed Souttar to do well at Rangers and once he’s settled and in a better frame of mind I still do, whether that’s as a regular starter or a solid squad player able to slot in when required.

I find it mental that anyone can write off a player after 1 competitive game. And I don’t care how successful a club Rangers are, it’s moronic.

Back