Sport scene surprise surprise

I just watched the highlights and turned right off, if you even attempt to watch them do the analysis then there’s something wrong with you.
What a ginger fan** Stewart is.
Someone that’s working for Septic TV is giving opinions ?
get tae

I’m not having this “new rules’ tosh with our penalties today. Neither were even remotely controversial. Both hand ball offences prevented a goal scoring opportunity or clear advantage from developing.

I know guys like Stewart are paid to generate discussion. But we have long since passed into the realms of the ridiculous.

The Motherwell players must be loving this. It’s detracting attention from a humiliating chasing today. At times embarrassing for them the degree to which it was men v boys.

Personally I am absolutely delighted thAt we are seeing these confected controversies again. It means we are doing something right.

So we've got a situation where the Motherwell manager and players don't contest the penalty decisions, but Michael Stewart knows better, as usual

it really infuriates me when people debate these decisions. They seem to think that because "it wasn't intentional" that means its not a penalty. The only things that matter in relation to it being a valid penalty claim or not. Debating the decision as they are is further proof they shouldn't be pundits. The least we can expect from pundits is they understand the basic rules of our game.

Holy feck , even James Mcfadden said they were both pens and he's a motherwell man. Stewart is a muppet who is pandering to the mentally challengeds.

His wee comment re Kamaras challenge (which incidentally I think was a penalty) was pretty sinister.Kamara steps on the lads calf after the initial contact and the lad goes down.Kamara doesn’t even look at him but he is somehow suggesting he meant it by mentioning it.Disgusting comment.
The penalty opinion absolutely laughable.
I heard that too. You could see immediately the narrative he was trying set.

On the angles they showed:
Our first penalty was the correct decision.
Our second penalty was soft.
Their penalty claim was soft.
So of the 2 soft ones we got it awarded, I supose therefore that Motherwell can feel aggrieved they didn't get theirs.
We have had many stonewall penalties not given to us over the last 2 seasons so we were due some positive penalty decisions today.

i actually thought the second was for their defender riving helander all over the place tbh.

like it or not, thems the laws of football as it stands, so both were pens, end of, lets see if ginger nuts gets fed up talking about this like he did on the edwards challenge on alfie, all part of the game bollocks, he's no so philosophical about the game now

There is no doubt it's a poor rule that needs addressed, but as it stands it's the rules.

Even old cuddly Roy Hodgson was upset yesterday and palace got a real raw deal. I'm sure he'll be on the phone to our resident expert on f**k all up here, to ask for advise.

Just watching now.

Essentially the decisions for Rangers were wrong, and Motherwell should have had a penalty.

“Bobby Madden’s got it wrong” and “crazy decision.”

Such a dangerous narrative when this is left unchallenged. Usual fuore and you can expect us not to get another penalty for a while.

Do people sit down to watch this just to get raging at what’s being said by no-marks who quite obviously set out to make you raging? I don’t understand it.

No, I sit down to watch the goals from our domestic league.

Is it too much to ask for some balanced coverage ?

Shock as someone employed by the tims says we (Rangers) shouldn't have got our pens...

How can they honestly employ these types to give an unbiased view of our matches?

Playing up to the crowd. Ours were both stone wallers although I didn’t notice the second handball until the replay but our players appealed straight away.

The Kamara one I’d have been raging if it was us and we weren’t given it but watts one was a blatant dive.

Madden will be getting put under the spotlight to make sure he doesn’t give us another all season, unlikely we’ll get another that’s us had our quota for the season.
Bang on - the same treatment was meted out to Beaton after the New Year game and he's given us nothing since. Will go on all week this shite - for a 5-1 win!

I will admit we got away with one at the Kamara incident, our 2 by the laws of the game are penalties.

Last week though we got screwed over with an offside and the general theme was “too bad”.

%^*& sport scene and all who sail in her.

No, I sit down to watch the goals from our domestic league.

Is it too much to ask for some balanced coverage ?
Not at all no. But you’d think by now people would realise they’re not going to get that, so I don’t see the sense in watching it just to get riled up when you can watch the same highlights on YouTube without the tosspot hosts. Like I said I don’t understand it.

It is really sinister what is going on. It is almost as by clockwork that when we get out first penalty in the league for a year that the narrative is that it was wrong. This puts pressure on each referee now to be doubly sure it is before award.
Yet, when you look across the city and some of the dodgy penalties they have had (including a dive in a cup final) and no focus whatsoever on them.
Dangerous times..

Failed SNP candidate.

Michael - we know you’re looking in - imagine being too shite to be in the SNP. A party full of genuine reprobates - and you weren’t considered at their level.

We laugh at you, not with you Michael.

Even under the old laws and directives these are punishable handballs. For the first one Mugabi’s arm is fully stretched to almost shoulder level when the ball hit his hand. For the second one Grimshaw deliberately elbowed the ball. When Keevins and Stewart start shouting this nonsense you can actually smell the fear. Why should Stewart be considered credible when he now works for Celtic.

Why on Earth is that talentless prick a pundit? Not only does he clearly not know the rules of the game, he is literally a Celtic employee with a huge dislike for Rangers.

Its preposterous he is allowed on air.
Agreed.

The problem we have here is that the BBC can’t really afford to have any credible, knowledgeable pundits on their panels and shows, so they have to go down the BT sport route and employ irrelevant fuckwits with plenty of playing experience but actually zero football intelligence and knowledge but a brilliant ability to noise people up.
The BBC have played a blinder by bringing these cunts into play, but it also begs the question, how close are they with the mentally challengeds if Stewart is a full blown employee of the mentally challengeds, regardless of whether he’s freelance or not, and he’s allowed to be in the national broadcasters football highlights show and then pretend to be impartial?

it’s properly bonkers that he’s anywhere near a BBC show if he’s a mentally challenged cheerleader. But such is life in Scottish football.

Bang on - the same treatment was meted out to Beaton after the New Year game and he's given us nothing since. Will go on all week this shite - for a 5-1 win!

It’ll go on right up until the OF game. The mentally challengeds, BBC Pacific Quay CSC, Radio Clyde phone in etc etc will be stoking this for the next 2 weeks.

The narrative will be set. Big bad Rangers get all the game changing decisions. And guess how many important decisions will then go our way at the piggery?

There isn't a single room in the world Michael Stewart would walk into and not think he's the smartest, most important person in it, never seen someone who was as irrelevant as he was as a player and is known most for making an arse of himself in the tunnel after being sent off get the platform to spout his pish week in, week out.

By definition they are both penalties, there's isn't anything subjective about it, you cannot make a argument for them not being penalties by the rule but Stewart will find a way. I don't even believe he actually thinks these aren't penalties, it's all about putting pressure on referees to give us nothing. The last penalty we got in the league before today was October 27th, 2019. 11 months exactly, some ridiculous decisions not given and as soon as we get penalties for something that there's zero subjective over now thanks to the recent rule change, the usual voices are out moaning about it.

The guy is a moron. If it was Alfredo handling the ball suddenly it would be a stonewall penalty.
I can’t believe anyone paid to commentate on football could argue that the first one especially wasn’t a penalty. Ball travels 20 yards and he puts his arm out

I used to get myself worked up when the so called pundits came out with their biased opinions on our decisions, now I just laugh my bollocks off it's great

Back