MOTM Poll St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me today crystallised why Helander is not the defender many on here think he is. Back to his own goal he is very solid, the moment he gets turned against pace and trickery he looks ropey.
There’s not many complete defenders, and if there’s any they’re not coming to Scotland. If what you say is true it’s up to the management to arrange us tactically to minimise that risk. Any defender in the world will get exposed to pace if there’s nobody within 30 yards of him.

For their goal, with keepers playing like sweepers, was McLaughlin exposed/not back nearer his line due to this?

I thought if he’d been nearer his goal line he might have saved that shot.

This is just an observation and not a criticism.

Edge of the seat stuff, think big Fil was likely carrying a knock going into this and takes unnecessary criticism on here, take a bow Tav though, what a goal! :shh:

Onwards!

Eq9zuwO.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<
Aribo MOM

involved all over the pitch and all through the game, right to the end when he was chasing after his own clearance.
Great goal from Tav, but struggled with getting crosses past first man and completing passes.

I could pick holes in every player but that was a great victory in difficult circumstances so I won't.
St Johnstone reverted to type and were fucking abysmal, take a bow James Tavernier. That goal epitomises class in any league or competition.

I'm wondering if Helander was carrying a knock. That was by far his worst performance this season. Now it looks likely he's gonna niss a few.

If Goldson had been available would Fil have played?

Big miss for the EL games.

Not a chance should bassey be in front on borna as our 1st choice left back.
The boy is moving in the correct direction but no way is he ready to play a full season as 1st choice.

Delighted with that ,obviously nowhere near it performance wise but that’s the kind of game that we just need to find a way to win and we did that !

A very very good victory and a far better performance in the last 35 minutes thought Aribo was superb and tavernier wow what a finish.

A huge win. Once again not at our best, but 3 points is what matters when we are clearly still not playing as well as last season. So long as we keep winning during this spell it will bring dividends later in the season.

SG saying getting result the way we did it is what champions do, and thats why we are champions, saying not looking good for Helander

Back