Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - 19:45 27th Feb - BT Sports **

I'm not saying we bite our fingernails and shite it playing this mob but we thought that last time before our game at Ibrox.

What's required is play like we have been recently and also get the shootin boots on to get the points.

Expecting it to be comfortable tonight, we're looking a lot stronger than last time we played them and they've only won one game since they beat us.

It will be straightforward enough as long as the players don’t get complacent and work hard from start to finish. If we keep winning games who knows what will happen by the end of the season.

Let’s do this Rangers!

Foderingham
Tavernier Bates Martin Halliday
Goss Docherty
Candeias Windass Murphy
Morelos
Wallace on at half time.

Can’t afford to rest players tonight. Bring Alves, Wallace, Holt and Cummings in on Sunday.

I'd rather have Dalcio at left back than Hodson, hopefully Wallace is fit enough to play. Horrible timing on the John injury, he was starting to play really well with Murphy and they were starting to develop a good relationship like Tav and Candeias have.

2-0 Rangers, Candeias and Morelos.

How can you think Halliday at left back is a viable option? If he comes in and does a shift then I will eat my words but he’s played a handful of games all season and out of position not ideal for me.
Wallace has been out for 5 months we can’t just throw him in risking an injury an leaving nothing for the old firm game.
I think we all agree Hodson shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.
He played against Thistle at left back and done fine

Rather worried because I'm feeling quite confident about tonight, due to our overall improvement since the January window. Cummings and Miller on the bench preferable to Herrera and Hardie.

I'm not saying we bite our fingernails and shite it playing this mob but we thought that last time before our game at Ibrox.

What's required is play like we have been recently and also get the shootin boots on to get the points.

Think it’s 13 goals we’ve scored in our last 3 away games

I reckon the shooting boots are fitting just right at the minute

Hope Cummings gets more of a run out tonight with morelos. Hodson better not be anywhere near the squad tonight .

Think it’s 13 goals we’ve scored in our last 3 away games

I reckon the shooting boots are fitting just right at the minute

Before they came to Ibrox st Johnstone were being gubbed by most of the teams in the division, and skelped us 3-1.

Same scenario, dunno when they last won but we to make sure that we score more than them this time.

Saturday we had 18 chances on goal and two taken. We need to take better count tonight, we won't get 18.

Hoping for Morelos to score first and for us to win 3-0 that's for my bet. In reality I'd just be happy to get the 3 points tonight.

Cant imagine the game will be off - weather is holding up reasonably well. I had a quick google of McDiarmid Park to see if I could see any updates and came across the following information that I never knew and thought the factoids might like to store away incase it comes up at a pub quiz!

For many years the stadium hosted the Scottish convention of Jehovah's Witnesses, which brought thousands of worshippers to the local area every summer. In July 2009, a mass baptism was held, which included the use of a 33-foot-diameter (10 m) pool. Over 8,000 people attended the three-day event.[12] The 2012 convention was their last year at the stadium as the religious organisation opted to use The SSE Hydro arena at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow for their national convention.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

More of the same will do nicely, on a freezing cold night in Perth.

A 2-0 victory or better will be great.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Are we seriously suggesting Halliday starts tonight? Jeezo I’d rather play Bates at left back if Wallace isn’t fit enough - and a half fit Wallace is better than a fully fit Hodson

For how poor St Johnstone have been this season they do seem to be able to get themselves up for big game. Saying that if we put in a shift like we did against Hearts I wouldn't anticipate any problems.

Before they came to Ibrox st Johnstone were being gubbed by most of the teams in the division, and skelped us 3-1.

Same scenario, dunno when they last won but we to make sure that we score more than them this time.

Saturday we had 18 chances on goal and two taken. We need to take better count tonight, we won't get 18.

All true mate but we’ve played well away from home & I hope we continue that strong run tonight

Would be quite interesting to play 3 at the back tonight, with cover from Tav, Docherty and Murphy getting back to help out Bates, Alves and Martin. I'd imagine it'll be Wallace straight in at left back though.

Windass and Morelos tonight for the goals and would love a goal for Docherty too.

Are we seriously suggesting Halliday starts tonight? Jeezo I’d rather play Bates at left back if Wallace isn’t fit enough - and a half fit Wallace is better than a fully fit Hodson

You clearly weren't at Firhill.

He did fine that night and will do fine again until Wallace is fully up to speed.

We must have a youth team LB who could come in to cover?

I had thought that too Graemelins, but Myles Beerman is on loan at Queens and I don't think we have anyone else who realistically could move up at the moment. Had it been a cup game against a lower division team - I could see Murty rummage in to the developmental squad, but three points are vital tonight and a seasoned left back is needed. Wallace, Halliday, or Hodson will be picked. (hopefully in that order!)

The usual plethora of forecast of a comfortable victory. As per usual, I will disagree. An awful game on a freezing night is what I forecast. I will be happy to come away with any sort of victory - and no injuries/suspensions.

1-2 to The Rangers.

Its looking like the sheep and scum game will be off due to the weather so nothing but three points to get a bit of distance from the sheep and closer to the scum

tenor.gif

Whatever the performance, just fu(king win.

Do the mentally challengeds play tonight as well?

Dundee and Perth are being absolutely battered with snow at the moment. Not looking good tbh

Club have posted on Instagram a picture from in the dressing room. John's shirt is hanging up, might not be true about him being injured?

We have struggled this season against big physical teams like St. Johnstone. That is my only concern.

Got to win the battles all over the park tonight and bury our chances when they come.

Latest posts

Back