Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should absolutely right off older players yes.
You need a fine balance of experience and potential.

We have players like Docherty, Morelos, Rossiter and Mcrorie in team with potential as it is. I see nothing wrong with bringing in some older heads to assist.

You need a fine balance of experience and potential.

We have players like Docherty, Morelos, Rossiter and Mcrorie in team with potential as it is. I see nothing wrong with bringing in some older heads to assist.
Indeed we do, old players sub 33 though, any older is taking the piss.

What the fucks the problem with having a couple of experienced players? Even at 35 Defoe is fast and sharp and would bag us at least 25 goals next season.

All that matters is winning the title, and if you’re arguing Defoe wouldn’t be a major asset you’re off your rocker.

Don't want too many old heads in the team but agree that we can not knock back the likes of Defoe. He would score a good amount of goals up here.

If he’s a loan deal and we aren’t paying much of his wages I don’t care.

Here’s a hypothetical for you. What if he’s on a 3 year deal and scores 10?
Then he’s been shite for Rangers, clearly. Can happen with any player but you’re focussing more on his age than his ability

Then he’s been shite for Rangers, clearly. Can happen with any player but you’re focussing more on his age than his ability
His ability is hardly still stellar, it’s not Harry Kane we’d be getting. He’s scored 4 in 26 and he’s only getting older and with age comes a loss of ability.

What the fucks the problem with having a couple of experienced players? Even at 35 Defoe is fast and sharp and would bag us at least 25 goals next season.

All that matters is winning the title, and if you’re arguing Defoe wouldn’t be a major asset you’re off your rocker.
Major wages. I could accept it if we broke their sequence but not otherwise. Too old and no resale value.

His ability is hardly still stellar, it’s not Harry Kane we’d be getting. He’s scored 4 in 26 and he’s only getting older and with age comes a loss of ability.
He hasnt started 26 games this season, 13 of those where off the bench.

How many starts though ? Didn’t seem to in favour with Howe, probably why this might be a goer. He’d score goals for fun, just my opinion but don’t think we’d get much better strikers than Defoe

Yes you’re right I hope we sign a really shit young striker.

And Kranjcar will stroll it and Barton will run the show and Alves will dominate and blah blah blah.

Kranjcar was already done, and Barton a circus act.

Jermaine Defoe is completely different.

Tell you what, if he signs how about a 50 quid to Rangers charity bet he scores more than 20 goals next season?

Kranjcar was already done, and Barton a circus act.

Jermaine Defoe is completely different.

Tell you what, if he signs how about a 50 quid to Rangers charity bet he scores more than 20 goals next season?
Naw hahaha

Defoe has the fitness stats of a 25 year old. He said so himself in an interview a few months ago.

He's changed his diet, fitness and training regime to prolonged his career.

I'd take Defoe over Torres (not that I think we could get Torres).

I bet the scum wouldve said the same about Ian Wright all those years ago

I'd much rather go down the young and hungry route...Defoe only scored 4 last season so could be on the downwards slope now?

No doubt that he has been a good goalscorer and hopefully he could be more of a Rod Wallace than an Ian Wright ;)

Always find these thread difficult when I cant join in witthout getting myself into bother haha

McGregor and Arfield is a great start to the window. Interesting few weeks coming up.
Just drop hints and we will figure it out ;)

Interesting site here;

http://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/payroll/

Would seem to be at odds with your assessment.

For what it's worth I'd love to see him in a Gers' top but have my doubts.

WATP
That site is a load of crap, Stanislas is one of our best players and wouldn't be down the bottom of the wage list for sure.
As to Defoe, he got four goals last season in eleven starts. But,in my opinion, he wasn't used effectively by Eddie, he is best when the ball is played in behind the defense. He hangs on the shoulder of the last defender and still has the initial burst of pace to win the race for the ball. If SG can get him to Rangers he will do well I think.

FFS, aged 35 or not, if we managed to get Defoe on loan it would be sensational for us.

I may be getting carried away, but given how guff Scottish teams are I truly believe if he stayed fit he'd score 40 next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back