Sunday Mail front page.

Sydneyger65

Never heard of this fellow before, but £45000pa is decent dough for a kit man.
A former Rangers kitman claims he faced racial prejudice after he was sacked over missing training gear.

Albanian-born Erald Krasniqi – who also worked as a youth coach in 13 years with the Premiership champs – was suspended last October.

The 33-year-old left his role after officials probed claims he took four pairs of shorts and two tracksuit bottoms without permission.

Krasniqi, who came to Scotland as an asylum seeker when he was eight, is believed to have returned the items and said there had been a misunderstanding.

He is thought to have told bosses he took the Castore equipment home after it arrived at the club’s Auchenhowie training base addressed to him.

An employment tribunal in Glasgow on Wednesday is expected to hear claims Krasniqi was subjected to discriminatory comments from Ibrox staff about his nationality and was unfairly dismissed.

It comes as cops prepare to speak to Gers star Glen Kamara over claims he was racially abused by Slavia Prague player Ondrej Kudela in a Europa League game on Thursday.

Police made contact with the midfielder’s solicitor Aamer Anwar yesterday to discuss meeting Kamara, who has been preparing for today’s match against Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Krasniqi had been brought in to work with the first team as part of a restructure by former director of football Mark Allen.

He was paid £45,000 a year to work with kitman Jimmy Bell and help look after first team players.

A source close to the case said: “Thousands of pounds of gear passed through his hands in a season. He loved his job. He tried to raise concerns while at the club about specific people but he says his claims were brushed away.

“Erald held off making it formal because he didn’t want to lose his job.He only made it formal when he knew he was leaving.

“The case is only at the early stages but he is desperate to clear his name.”

A spokeswoman for the Employment and Immigration Tribunals said: “A preliminary hearing involving Erald Krasniqi and Rangers FC is scheduled for March 24.

A Rangers spokesman said: “We are unable to comment on this because it is an ongoing legal matter.”

If any outsider ever needed a synopsis of how the Scottish media work, there it is.

Disgusting.
Am sure Gerrard is a strong character, who will have seen some things in his time, but I bet he can't believe what goes on in this lost cause of a country he's pitched up to do his job in.

He'll have thought he's just heading a couple of hours up the road, when in fact he's entered another world entirely...

It actually makes me wonder why? Why the fukc do they all hate us? The biggest and the best football club in the country. Easy to work it out really........Paper headlines.

W.A.T.P B-D

Yeah I'm buying this.
Rangers employ an asylum seeker and pay him £45,000 a year to be an understudy kit man.
Then sack him cos Rangers are racist.
He isn’t an asylum seeker. He has gained asylum.

Also, the fact we employed him doesn’t mean he hasn’t been subjected to racist treatment by individual staff members.

I hope he hasn’t, but we can’t just dismiss (or take) his case at face value.

Ive worked with plenty of Eastern Europeans and they are amongst the most racsist people on the planet. I was genuinely shocked how much hatred they have for black people. Its either ingrained in their society or I just happened to work with the wrong ones.

I played football with this guy a few times about 10 years or so ago.
He was a decent striker.
I am positive there was something about him being one for watching away back then. Quite a few of the coaches played with him in that team.
I’m sure there will be a few people actually not too surprised to read this.
The boy Brian Matthews (Glow) also coached with him at that time.

Basically, been caught stealing and now playing the race card.

Wow...well at least we've found Mikey Stewarts login

Because an accusation is levelled at rangers your default position is to attack the accuser.

Have we learned nothing?
Threads and comments above are embarrassing

Last edited:
Right Erald I told you I'd call when the time was right to do something, well do it now.
That is a more likely scenario than anything else, but who gave him the advice.

Because an accusation is levelled at rangers your default position is to attack the accuser.

Have we learned nothing?
Absolutely this. Just because it’s rangers doesn’t mean we go to automatic attack mode.

this is going before a tribunal on Wednesday, with rangers confirming it’s in the hands of legal representatives. Let’s wait and see what the outcome is first before commenting

Never heard of this fellow before, but £45000pa is decent dough for a kit man.
A former Rangers kitman claims he faced racial prejudice after he was sacked over missing training gear.

Albanian-born Erald Krasniqi – who also worked as a youth coach in 13 years with the Premiership champs – was suspended last October.

The 33-year-old left his role after officials probed claims he took four pairs of shorts and two tracksuit bottoms without permission.

Krasniqi, who came to Scotland as an asylum seeker when he was eight, is believed to have returned the items and said there had been a misunderstanding.

He is thought to have told bosses he took the Castore equipment home after it arrived at the club’s Auchenhowie training base addressed to him.

An employment tribunal in Glasgow on Wednesday is expected to hear claims Krasniqi was subjected to discriminatory comments from Ibrox staff about his nationality and was unfairly dismissed.

It comes as cops prepare to speak to Gers star Glen Kamara over claims he was racially abused by Slavia Prague player Ondrej Kudela in a Europa League game on Thursday.

Police made contact with the midfielder’s solicitor Aamer Anwar yesterday to discuss meeting Kamara, who has been preparing for today’s match against Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Krasniqi had been brought in to work with the first team as part of a restructure by former director of football Mark Allen.

He was paid £45,000 a year to work with kitman Jimmy Bell and help look after first team players.

A source close to the case said: “Thousands of pounds of gear passed through his hands in a season. He loved his job. He tried to raise concerns while at the club about specific people but he says his claims were brushed away.

“Erald held off making it formal because he didn’t want to lose his job.He only made it formal when he knew he was leaving.

“The case is only at the early stages but he is desperate to clear his name.”

A spokeswoman for the Employment and Immigration Tribunals said: “A preliminary hearing involving Erald Krasniqi and Rangers FC is scheduled for March 24.

A Rangers spokesman said: “We are unable to comment on this because it is an ongoing legal matter.”
45k ....how much must Jimmy be on!
Worth every penny

I find it very hard to believe that a kit man for any club in the world would earn that much a year. No chance.

I'm in the wrong job if it is true though.

This is all you need from the article.

He took items without permission and when challenged he returned them.

Sacked

Ffs £45k a year and he needs to steal? Yep caught stealing lets use the race card! Ungrateful bassa. Wonder if there is a vacancy?

Ive worked with plenty of Eastern Europeans and they are amongst the most racsist people on the planet. I was genuinely shocked how much hatred they have for black people. Its either ingrained in their society or I just happened to work with the wrong ones.
No mate I worked in a factory a few year ago where only 3 of us used english as our first language the other 20 or so were eastern europeans (cheap labour) and to a man spoke about blacks/asians as second class citizens, we are not born racist it's something your taught

He isn’t an asylum seeker. He has gained asylum.

Also, the fact we employed him doesn’t mean he hasn’t been subjected to racist treatment by individual staff members.

I hope he hasn’t, but we can’t just dismiss (or take) his case at face value.
Albanian isn't a race so someone must have said something about that old Albanians have a reputation for being a bit dodgy and dishonest chestnut. As untrue as Scots being mean or Welshmen being great singers. Or all Czech football players being diving cheating barstewards!!!!!

Anyone in the UK/West who gets sacked from their job who isn’t white now just claims racism, no matter how egregious and blatant their act. The person hopes (with good reason) that slinging mud (and given the present woke hysteria, such accusations whether baseless or not are the most toxic kind) will lead to some form of pay out.

The timing of the story is very suspect.

But we must give him the same respect we have given Glen. We need to investigate the claims.

I don't think it's too far fetched for an Eastern European to get caught stealing from the club to then be called a gypsy by individuals who are a guy at him for stealing from their club.

The attempt to use this to paint us as a horrible club and in turn downplay the Kamara incident is abhorrent. It looks like the club haven't yet been given the chance to investigate any claims by the alleged abuse victim. To try set the narrative that we are racist with this story is infuriating, given the timing of it.

I would like to see this investgated and would also like to learn at what stage he reported the crime to the police. Our club are far too clever an operator now to simply dismiss his claims!

A "misunderstanding" from 7 months ago appears today,:rolleyes:
As sure as night follows day eh, so so predictable.

Have we learned nothing?
I’m afraid this is exactly right.

An accusation has been made, the evidence will show whether or not it’s true. We can all desperately hope it’s not, but we shouldn’t instantly dismiss it because we don’t want it to be. We have the evidence of our own eyes from Thursday night, we’re defending our player with just cause. In this case we have nothing except the words of a newspaper that hates us and our faith in the club. Let’s wait and see.

Notwithstanding the merits, or otherwise, of the guys’ claim; the timing of this from that rag is contemptible. Employment Tribunals don’t just happen overnight. In fact, there is a significant backlog at present. This will have been scheduled for weeks, if not months. Putting it on the front page now purely to undermine the Kamara incident is despicable.

Last edited:
Back