Sunday Mail front page.

Never heard of this fellow before, but £45000pa is decent dough for a kit man.
A former Rangers kitman claims he faced racial prejudice after he was sacked over missing training gear.

Albanian-born Erald Krasniqi – who also worked as a youth coach in 13 years with the Premiership champs – was suspended last October.

The 33-year-old left his role after officials probed claims he took four pairs of shorts and two tracksuit bottoms without permission.

Krasniqi, who came to Scotland as an asylum seeker when he was eight, is believed to have returned the items and said there had been a misunderstanding.

He is thought to have told bosses he took the Castore equipment home after it arrived at the club’s Auchenhowie training base addressed to him.

An employment tribunal in Glasgow on Wednesday is expected to hear claims Krasniqi was subjected to discriminatory comments from Ibrox staff about his nationality and was unfairly dismissed.

It comes as cops prepare to speak to Gers star Glen Kamara over claims he was racially abused by Slavia Prague player Ondrej Kudela in a Europa League game on Thursday.

Police made contact with the midfielder’s solicitor Aamer Anwar yesterday to discuss meeting Kamara, who has been preparing for today’s match against Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Krasniqi had been brought in to work with the first team as part of a restructure by former director of football Mark Allen.

He was paid £45,000 a year to work with kitman Jimmy Bell and help look after first team players.

A source close to the case said: “Thousands of pounds of gear passed through his hands in a season. He loved his job. He tried to raise concerns while at the club about specific people but he says his claims were brushed away.

“Erald held off making it formal because he didn’t want to lose his job.He only made it formal when he knew he was leaving.

“The case is only at the early stages but he is desperate to clear his name.”

A spokeswoman for the Employment and Immigration Tribunals said: “A preliminary hearing involving Erald Krasniqi and Rangers FC is scheduled for March 24.

A Rangers spokesman said: “We are unable to comment on this because it is an ongoing legal matter.”
Are we surprised no a negative story with incredible timing in the Sunday Liam, tiger and stripes as they say. In the case it’s self if this individual has stolen kit then it’s gross misconduct = sacked nothing absolutely nothing to do with race , Rangers must be the champions o Scotland again

I can't believe I'm wasting my time even replying to this.

We witnessed Glenn being racially abused live on TV.

This chancer has waited 7 months to release a spurious racist claim . If you've been genuinely racially abused then you report it right away.

Our club has as many Black players as we have White. We've been paying an ex Asylum Seeker with basic education 45k a year.

One thing our club certainly isn't is discriminatory or racist.
Correct. And by the way, if there has been racism involved then it would have been reported immediately, and probably out in the open just as quickly. Remember when the rumours were flying around that Jimmy Bell had been sacked, then it was rumoured it was his boy, well we know that someone was stealing the kit and no racism was mentioned then, even though it was factually correct that theft was taking place. Why spread rumours about one and not the other?
This filthy rag knows exactly what it’s fucking doing, and it’s all to do with big bad rangers being wronged for once and no one can take it, as simplistic as it sounds that’s just the way it is.

Non story he gets caught stealing and is relieved of his duties and is playing the game to get a pay off that he will think he is due. Plenty have done the same and will do so in the future at all work places in all walks of life.

Imagine fecking a job like that up for some joggies and shorts the mind boggles and you can bet your bottom dollar it’s not the first time he’s been stealing just the first time he has been caught!!

If the boy genuinely received abuse in the work place because of a different skin colour or where he is from then the club has to investigate after the case is over and act accordingly imo.

Wtf you on about clown?

Clothing clearly found its way to this house. Clothing that shouldn’t have. When he’s asked why, he’s came out with what he’s said.

I’ll trust Rangers here over the word of someone who’s admitted clothing of the club was somewhere it shouldn’t have been.

Have a go at the paper by all means but everything else is embarrassing.

Regards

Bongo the clown

So do we only stand up against racial abuse when it suits us?

the guys comments need taken seriously until proven otherwise, just like Glens case
Of course they are being taken seriously . That’s not the problem though. This is a front page designed to have ago at our club and absolutely nothing to do with the fight against Racism.
Ffs mate, wake up to the agenda !

Never heard of this fellow before, but £45000pa is decent dough for a kit man.
A former Rangers kitman claims he faced racial prejudice after he was sacked over missing training gear.

Albanian-born Erald Krasniqi – who also worked as a youth coach in 13 years with the Premiership champs – was suspended last October.

The 33-year-old left his role after officials probed claims he took four pairs of shorts and two tracksuit bottoms without permission.

Krasniqi, who came to Scotland as an asylum seeker when he was eight, is believed to have returned the items and said there had been a misunderstanding.

He is thought to have told bosses he took the Castore equipment home after it arrived at the club’s Auchenhowie training base addressed to him.

An employment tribunal in Glasgow on Wednesday is expected to hear claims Krasniqi was subjected to discriminatory comments from Ibrox staff about his nationality and was unfairly dismissed.

It comes as cops prepare to speak to Gers star Glen Kamara over claims he was racially abused by Slavia Prague player Ondrej Kudela in a Europa League game on Thursday.

Police made contact with the midfielder’s solicitor Aamer Anwar yesterday to discuss meeting Kamara, who has been preparing for today’s match against Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Krasniqi had been brought in to work with the first team as part of a restructure by former director of football Mark Allen.

He was paid £45,000 a year to work with kitman Jimmy Bell and help look after first team players.

A source close to the case said: “Thousands of pounds of gear passed through his hands in a season. He loved his job. He tried to raise concerns while at the club about specific people but he says his claims were brushed away.

“Erald held off making it formal because he didn’t want to lose his job.He only made it formal when he knew he was leaving.

“The case is only at the early stages but he is desperate to clear his name.”

A spokeswoman for the Employment and Immigration Tribunals said: “A preliminary hearing involving Erald Krasniqi and Rangers FC is scheduled for March 24.

A Rangers spokesman said: “We are unable to comment on this because it is an ongoing legal matter.”
"A source close to the case" eh? Worked there for 13 years?

Of course they are being taken seriously . That’s not the problem though. This is a front page designed to have ago at our club and absolutely nothing to do with the fight against Racism.
Ffs mate, wake up to the agenda !

agree with you regards the paper mate, I see the Agenda..... but weve got posters having a go at the guy, saying hes playing the race card.

surely you can see the difference in the two?

the timing of putting it on the front page is obvious, but the story is still there

There you go, that's all we will hear about now. Anytime we try to stand up for GK and KR, this will be flung in our face. mentally challengeds will be buzzing with this story.

If we were that racist, surely we wouldn’t have hired him in the first place?

Despicable article looking to muddy what happened on Thursday. Nice to know the media in your own country have your back.
It’s utterly depressing but entirely predictable. We really are a parochial point scoring @hite hole of a country at times.

I've had cheques arrive worth millions in old finance jobs, they weren't actually for me. Anyway an employee dispute are ten a penny and there's probably a tribunal everyday in Scotland, so hardly headline news...unless it's all about the Rangers

Am I be reading that right – he’s been with us for 13 years?

Edit: Saw the full article now. There’s no way around it, the timing is intentional – whether that’s his doing or he’s been easily lead by the papers I don’t know.

Hopefully there’s no truth in his claims. In a club full of all sorts of races and nationalities, discrimination against a foreign employee of 13 years seems odd.

Last edited:

Despicable article looking to muddy what happened on Thursday. Nice to know the media in your own country have your back.
Doesn't stop the possibility of individual staff members being racist

I've had cheques arrive worth millions in old finance jobs, they weren't actually for me. Anyway an employee dispute are ten a penny and there's probably a tribunal everyday in Scotland, so hardly headline news...unless it's all about the Rangers

We should run a competition on the next anti Rangers headline?

I reckon they"ll have a go at our fans today again.

So the narrative of rangers gave a chance to a young man from another part of the world with great prospects and a very healthy wage (I don't believe wage) would not count because well these eastern European types are are known theifs and rangers being a bunch of racists would never take someone like that on as they use stereotypical attitudes to employ people.

Jebus the press still shoehorn "signed first catholic " in at any opportunities.

I'd just like to highlight that this is the same paper that allowed a celtic fan who was no where near Hampden in 2016 to write and print a story that Rangers fans were throwing their children in front of police cars.

%^*& the Daily Record

As a former journalist/PR guy for nearly 30 years but not in the UK, I suspect that the Sunday Mail could be supporting this guy to go to the tribunal. There is even a possibility they have prepared his paperwork as they seem to have ore-hearing details. And it would be interesting to know if they are paying his costs.
No doubt he will get a big chunk of money when his story of Rangers being allegedly racist is fully published.

It is similar to the tactics used by the same rag with the private detective that was supposedly investigating Alfredo having an affair.

We all know their agenda, and the Glen Kamara story has given them the perfect opportunity to blacken the name of Rangers as racist because they don’t like that we are getting sympathy for being the victims of racism.
It doesn’t suit the usual narrative that Celtic are allegedly the victim of anti-Irish Catholic racism from us.

There is a strong suspicion that they set up the story of a private investigator supposedly investigating Alfredo for having an affair..
There were suspicions they got the investigator to go to the police to tell them what he was doing and of course the Sunday Liam could then report that the police were investigating these matters as they had paid the PI in the first place.

This alleged racism claim sounds like the same type of tactic. They have influence over the complainant and access to documentation.

Journalists are supposed to report the facts when they find out a story, not control the complaint and the timing.
However, it is common place in the industry and has been for donkeys years.

This guy admits stealing stuff and got sacked. Exactly what should happen. You don’t steal and get away with it. If he was discriminated against then that should be looked at. Strange timing Sunday Mail and from the lad for releasing his story seems a bit crass to me.

I think this Tribunal will be more about him fighting his 'unfair' dismissal - with the 'discriminatory language' being a wee add-on. He's now sold his story to the media because he has no money coming in and, if the Tribunal goes against him, will be virtually unemployable in this field.

I have no idea if such language was used towards the guy. If it was, it needs to be addressed and dealt with.

However, I do have an idea of how organisations who order in materials and equipment work and, on that basis, its very easy to pick holes in his version of what happened with this parcel of kit he supposedly took home because he didn't know what to do with due to his name being on it.

Let's put it this way, Jimmy and his staff aren't logging into The Rangers Shop and placing orders like us ordinary punters. Any orders will be placed by authorised persons (of which this guy was probably one), will be placed with the nominated person or department at Castore, will likely be addressed to The Kit Manager, Rangers FC (possibly for the attention of a named person), tracked through to delivery, logged in at the Training Centre for payment purposes and cross-checked for invoicing. There will be dozens of such packages arriving every month so, in the unlikely event something unexpected turns up with your name on it, the first thing you'd do would not be to stick it in your car and take it home!

Last edited:
Ive worked with plenty of Eastern Europeans and they are amongst the most racsist people on the planet. I was genuinely shocked how much hatred they have for black people. Its either ingrained in their society or I just happened to work with the wrong ones.
Throwing out this sort of generalisation doesnt help. By putting the emphasis on the racist element thats all some folk will take away from your statement, ignoring the qualification at the end. The message that sticks is Eastern Europeans are the most racist people on the planet. Thats how propaganda works. We all have a responsibility to be careful how we relate our experiences.
For what its worth, I can draw on my personal experience and argue the opposite case re EE's and racism.

As for the article in the paper, Rangers need to add them to our 'media no longer welcomed' list.

Wow...well at least we've found Mikey Stewarts login

Because an accusation is levelled at rangers your default position is to attack the accuser.

Have we learned nothing?
Threads and comments above are embarrassing
I always suspected Mikey's login was the one that started all the 'look at what Stewart has said now' threads.

"Mikey" lol

Throwing out this sort of generalisation doesnt help. By putting the emphasis on the racist element thats all some folk will take away from your statement, ignoring the qualification at the end. The message that sticks is Eastern Europeans are the most racist people on the planet. Thats how propaganda works. We all have a responsibility to be careful how we relate our experiences.
For what its worth, I can draw on my personal experience and argue the opposite case re EE's and racism.

As for the article in the paper, Rangers need to add them to our 'media no longer welcomed' list.
I agree with you. I worked next to people from eastern Europe and africa and I can honestly say, they all got on fine, in fact I'd say even better as they were all outsiders, in a new country.

We dont like being called facists and let's face it, these countries have suffered from the real deal. Not just from the nazis, but also the soviets.

It’s a sinister deflection story.

I hope that Rangers reported the theft to Police Scotland, in lScotland gut of the fact that employee didn’t mea culpa and resign,

I don't think its a mere coincidence that a story concerning racism appears just after the Kamara incident. These employment tribunal cases take a while to be processed and finally heard, so why the media silence up to now. ? Its a hatchet job on our club.

They really do hate us. Anyone believing this and shouting for an investigation has clearly missed the record and mails agenda.

As the poster above said the writer has previous (re Hagi).

I don't think its a mere coincidence that a story concerning racism appears just after the Kamara incident. These employment tribunal cases take a while to be processed and finally heard, so why the media silence up to now. ? Its a hatchet job on our club.

Its propaganda.

We need to start tackling this properly.

Looks like he did something he shouldn`t have done - without asking permission. One obviously doesn´t know the minute details of how this Castore stuff is labelled and sent to the RTC et al.

He suggests that certain people did "unlawful things" (?), yet he said not a word about it for "fear of loosing his job". That is 2020/21 Rangers he is speaking of, a club he has worked 13 years for?

If he was a valuable member of the kit team (I assume he was, hence he was kept in the job that long), why would we suspend him for "mistakingly" taking a Castore package home? Either we are really a heinous lot in that department and were looking for a chance to sack him, or not all was fine with him. Given that he comes out right now (paper driven or not - one might check out his lawyer too), the narrative about racial abuse et al pushed by the mhedia seems a bit dodgy.

But let`s wait and see what the hearing will unearth.

Didn't take them long to drag out this. This is to get the sympathy vote for a thief by the look of things.

Excuse my ignorance, but why exactly does an Albanian get Asylum in the UK? As far as I know there's been no wars there, it's even a candidate to join the EU, which requires free and open democratic elections and the basic rule of law.

Excuse my ignorance, but why exactly does an Albanian get Asylum in the UK? As far as I know there's been no wars there, it's even a candidate to join the EU, which requires free and open democratic elections and the basic rule of law.
Lots of problems with gang violence, honour killings etc

Theiving cvnt. Why oh why do w@nkers like that get a job that thousands of paying Rangers fans would die for?

45K for an asylum seeker to sort out some strips....I don't fuckin think so.

If Rangers get punished for this garbage the club only has itself to blame!!!

Last edited:
Back