Sunday's football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I care about the double standards.

They can sing about the IRA for 90 minutes with impunity, whilst half our song book, including non sectarian songs are made illegal. It's total bs.

That’s absolutely fine.

It really doesn’t bother me a jot what they sing and what the media think about it.

Aberdeen games v Rangers. Always full of incidents and bookings. This is like a pre season friendly. In fact that's what it is.

Was thinking the same seeing Aberdeen give them a guard of honour.

Our dropped points against Aberdeen last season was the point difference we lost the league by… they always raise their game against us, but Celtic is just another game to them. Shrug of the shoulders if they lose.

Was thinking the same seeing Aberdeen give them a guard of honour.

Our dropped points against Aberdeen last season was the point difference we lost the league by… they always raise their game against us, but Celtic is just another game to them. Shrug of the shoulders if they lose.
Our dropped points against Motherwell was the point difference we lost the league by.

Heard that last season. Every match thread of theirs.

Better teams will pick them off though

The problem is the only teams that are better than them are in Europe and potentially us if we get our tactics spot on

Like I said earlier I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose by 7 or 8 in a CL group game.

I do think Celtic will get pumped in champions league but they have their tactics spot on against teams at our level. Shoot when given chance. Every time theirs chance to cross. Smash it in with pace. Don't pass pass just smash it in with pace
You're right, for years they've got it spot on with consistency in getting wins domestically. The gulf between them and any bog standard European team is enormous though. They concede an obscene amount of goals at that level.

Hwhen are folk going to realise the double standards that's all I care about see if they let them sing what they want and let us sing what we want then fine but they don't why does that not bother you

Just about managed to understand that pal.

I don’t know why it doesn’t bother me, it just doesn’t.

I think our songbook is very good without going into the sectarian songs, if they were to be brought back then I wouldn’t care either.

From what I saw the pigs won’t have an easier game all season - and huffed and puffed their way against a garbage Sheep team.

Nothing to fear but referees for us this season.

The only thing that's has improved for Aberdeen is they have a better keeper. Other than that it's just the same average shite.

I do think Celtic will get pumped in champions league but they have their tactics spot on against teams at our level. Shoot when given chance. Every time theirs chance to cross. Smash it in with pace. Don't pass pass just smash it in with pace
Score offside goals..

Celtic do well in opening up teams with multiple runners at once on either side of the ball carrier, leads to lots of chances but most of their chances have been pretty crap or easily defended. Also that Jota goal looked good on camera but I have no idea how the goalie didn't save it, wasn't that high really, probably caught flat footed

The predictions of an improved Aberdeen this season seem somewhat optimistic. Very much a St Mirren-level performance - quite well organised but very short on ideas and quality.

Fairly obvious points posters are making but some are being deliberately obtuse arguing against them. Celtic struggle against better sides, they’re game plan isn’t suited to having to think about defending, the evidence is there from their European runs and when Gio finally sussed them.

The problem we have is SPFL teams either sit back against them or get caught in 2 minds whether to press or not, they end up with gaps all over the pitch which the scum do exploit. Either commit to press them from the off or sit deep and wait on the inevitable tiredness when they can’t break you down after running daft around the pitch.

This is so true.
Bottom line is they give other teams in Scotland no respect.
Attack them and bombard them and put them under pressure.
They know the sheep and others cannot cope. Mistakes will happen. A lucky break will go their way. But they try right from the first whistle to score And it works for them.

Compare and contrast that with our measured and cautious approach.
Do we give daddy teams too much respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back