Supporters Club Flags Welcome At Ibrox

The big QSTB and Shawlands UJ flags will take up the whole of the bottom tier
Was it ever found after this, not sure how you lose a flag that size, even the smaller ones are a burden on a euro trip!

Why was it banned mate? Poor show that
It was banned in 2008 as it was deemed offensive as we were flying it at half-time at Ibrox in a game v Falkirk.we knocked down every argument they came up with “it was sectarian”(no it wasn’t) it was “a reference to the troubles” (definitely not) in the end the best they could come up with “Celtic supporters found it offensive”
We sat in the bowels of Ibrox at the Dundee Utd game the Saturday before Manchester where we were told with a straight face by the match commander that “he had asked Celtic supporters he knew and looked at their message boards and they found it offensive and so it was” Kenny Scott who was head of security said to us at one meeting “Celtic are not our enemy” I had to pick my jaw off the floor after that statement.oddly enough as soon as Scott left our banner was paraded on the track at Ibrox with other rsc banners.

It was banned in 2008 as it was deemed offensive as we were flying it at half-time at Ibrox in a game v Falkirk.we knocked down every argument they came up with “it was sectarian”(no it wasn’t) it was “a reference to the troubles” (definitely not) in the end the best they could come up with “Celtic supporters found it offensive”
We sat in the bowels of Ibrox at the Dundee Utd game the Saturday before Manchester where we were told with a straight face by the match commander that “he had asked Celtic supporters he knew and looked at their message boards and they found it offensive and so it was” Kenny Scott who was head of security said to us at one meeting “Celtic are not our enemy” I had to pick my jaw off the floor after that statement.oddly enough as soon as Scott left our banner was paraded on the track at Ibrox with other rsc banner season.
Unbelievable that mate ffs

Unbelievable that mate ffs
Kenny Scott tried to placate us by coming over to Dublin with jim Hannah and the Scottish cup and at that meeting.at one point at that meeting he said “if one person finds something our support does offensive then it is” he was met by shaking heads and he compounded matters by saying to one of our female bears who had got hassle returning from a game at Ibrox from yahoos on her flight “maybe you shouldn’t have been wearing a rangers top”
Oh and we found it months later that he had contacted his ex colleagues in strathclyde police to check all our backgrounds before he came over.

Why oh why do they do wait until the last minute and give hardly any time??

First communication today and deadline today!!

I'd love to know the reason why this could not have been communicated much earlier.

Exactly mate. Would love to send our club flag over but it’s massive. Probably be more hassle than it’s worth

The SFA/SPFL corrupt to the core flag. I look for it every week on Willie Vass. It should be replicated and put in a museum- been with us all through the 'banter years'. I'd love to hear the history.

Kenny Scott tried to placate us by coming over to Dublin with jim Hannah and the Scottish cup and at that meeting.at one point at that meeting he said “if one person finds something our support does offensive then it is” he was met by shaking heads and he compounded matters by saying to one of our female bears who had got hassle returning from a game at Ibrox from yahoos on her flight “maybe you shouldn’t have been wearing a Rangers top”
Oh and we found it months later that he had contacted his ex colleagues in strathclyde police to check all our backgrounds before he came over.

Incredible stuff . It appears for a number of years there was a lot of self loathing going on at our club . So glad that we have our club back .

Kenny Scott tried to placate us by coming over to Dublin with jim Hannah and the Scottish cup and at that meeting.at one point at that meeting he said “if one person finds something our support does offensive then it is” he was met by shaking heads and he compounded matters by saying to one of our female bears who had got hassle returning from a game at Ibrox from yahoos on her flight “maybe you shouldn’t have been wearing a Rangers top”

That’s unreal. I’m actually sitting here shaking my head.

That’s fucking ridiculous

Just got a reply back regarding this. The flags have to be handed in to the gates at the Copland at lunchtime on Friday. The flags are going to be left on display for the duration of the time we are playing behind closed doors.

I think I’ll give it a miss, Rangers are saying that flags are left at your own risk, the local vermin will be desperate to steal any flags they can get their hands on.

Just got a reply back regarding this. The flags have to be handed in to the gates at the Copland at lunchtime on Friday. The flags are going to be left on display for the duration of the time we are playing behind closed doors.

I think I’ll give it a miss, Rangers are saying that flags are left at your own risk, the local vermin will be desperate to steal any flags they can get their hands on.

That is absolute madness. Anyone leaving their flag in the stadium unattended for months is off their head

So which will be in the Sun or the Record as it is subject of a “Twitter Storm” cos you just know those rat bastards want to be offended by something

Ridiculous as it may sound, I wouldn’t be comfortable with anything less than someone doing security on them 24/7. Even if they’re locked in a cupboard and left there’s a good chance a mentally challenged will get at them. Their obsession cannot be understated.

Be good to know if they will be kept an eye on at nights in some way or other. Understand their comment about wear / tear / accidental damage but general security would help with more of us leaving flags

the club have 24 hour security on site

I don’t doubt that Greg. I mean extra security though, stealing some of the flags will be seen as a badge of honour amongst that shower the green brigade - that’s before you even consider the local lowlife.
You could easily be in and out of the stadium within a couple of minutes, that’s my worry.

We would get enough volunteers to do the job of putting out and then removing the flags safely before and after every game. Social distancing adhered to of course.

Anyway, I don’t want to come across as moaning just for the hell of it, that’s not my style. So maybe it’s best left there.

Back