Surely it's time to move on from Daniel Candeias?

Candeias is a brilliant option to have, especially when we're playing on the counter and need people to press relentlessly. He was fantastic last year and has had another good year.

He'll be here next season as a squad player and hopefully leaves with a league winners medal.

He’s been very inconsistent lately, but I’d keep him as a squad player.
He will have his use over a season & May be very useful in settling Mexer if he signs too.

We are borderline CB crisis if either the two we use now go out injured. He can be improved upon but we have other more pressing issues.

He missed two sitters yesterday then over hit a simple lay off to Morelos at the end of the game.

He’s not good enough in the final third, we need better quality at right wing.

He’s good enough for back up he cannot be in our starting XI next season if we genuinely want to win trophies.

He’s only got a year left on his contract anyway. He’ll be enough for back up next year then we’ll wish him well at the end of the season.

He splits opinion and appreciate he does work hard for the team. I believe our style of play with him in the team is poor and we cannot go into next season with him as a main first team player, if we are to mount a serious a challenge.
A player with a good work ethic, so he will always get a pass in affection from a Rangers support.
A player who can on occasion pull something wonderful out of his bag of tricks.
A player who costs us in games because he cannot often make a simple pass or convert a straightforward chance in front of goal.

Them's the facts.

He isn’t good enough to be a starter if we want to go for the title.

Doesn’t possess the quality needed. Don’t mind him staying as a squad player though.

Great wee player.

I love the way he runs aboot like a stolen motor and, and, and, erm... runs aboot a lot.

Yes, good wee runner.

I appreciate the work rate and desire but to win a league you need quality along with that and his quality in the final third is dire at times. Remember the counter against Aberdeen in the SC, simple ball across the box was all it needed and he laced a head high cross

The new shape does not suit him at all and if it is what we use going forward, and I think it will be, he will find himself with very limited game time next season.

I really like the guy and think that when he plays wide right, he is a real asset and a useful player for us, not to mention the fact he allows Tav so much freedom. The way we are lining up now? He is not technically good enough and his work-rate is negated a good deal. He has gone from one of the first names on the team sheet for me, and is now a substitute who we should be looking at replacing.

Candeias may not be the most technical or have an all round style of game but he's been our most productive winger in years always puts in a shift and can deliver a cracking ball into the box and still has plenty of pace. Imo he should be kept.

He splits opinion and appreciate he does work hard for the team. I believe our style of play with him in the team is poor and we cannot go into next season with him as a main first team player, if we are to mount a serious a challenge.
He’s been poor of late but would keep him a squad player and can be useful in certain games,if he is no more than a squad player next year then we will be on the right track.

A player with a good work ethic, so he will always get a pass in affection from a Rangers support.
A player who costs us in games because he cannot often make a simple pass or convert a straightforward chance in front of goal.

Them's the facts.
I really like the guy but if we are to win a title, we need something better in that position. His goal tally is woeful given his ability and the way that we attack teams - he should be easily scoring more than 10 goals a season.

I would make him Captain..

Weird thing about Candeias is some times he looks like he's never seen a ball. Overhits some amount of crosses, fails to make simple passes, fluffs good one on one's. Other times he can play an inch perfect cross onto someone's head or march down a player, steal the ball and go on a mazy.

I don't know if he's really lucky or really inconsistent. Has more output in goals and assists than Kent for instance.

A solid pro who deserves to see out his contract with us. Won't be a first team player but he'll prove useful as a squad player going forward. Nothing but an honest professional.

Seriously? He is for sure not a first team pick but surely to God he will be a good squad player for next season??

Our attacking play breaks down too often when he gets the ball in my opinion.
If we want to start winning titles and cups players like candeias need to be replaced.
I appreciate he has his backers due to his work rate but we need more than work rate
From players to win the league.

Wouldn’t mind if he becomes a squad player, a willing trier.

But not the required standard to be a starter most weeks.

We need a squad. He's justified his position and shown he can play well in the bigger domestic games and in Europe.

Has a place in the squad. But it needs to be on the bench for the most part. Loads of industry but nowhere near reliable enough in final 3rd.

Capable of a great strike or a wonder cross, but more often than not the end product is poor. Often very, very poor.

Them's the facts.

Fact is that he's not of the required quality.

Always been a fan of his but he was very poor yesterday

He missed two sitters yesterday then over hit a simple lay off to Morelos at the end of the game.

He’s not good enough in the final third, we need better quality at right wing.

He’s good enough for back up he cannot be in our starting XI next season if we genuinely want to win trophies.

He’s only got a year left on his contract anyway. He’ll be enough for back up next year then we’ll wish him well at the end of the season.

Exactly how I see it as well

I like his effort and enthusiasm but we need better to move forward. He could be kept as a squad player and utilised in less meaningful matches, but should not be first choice in the more important matches.

I’m not sure I’d keep him on as a squad player, look at what happened when we brought him on yesterday

Reactions: Gee
Back