Surely it's time to move on from Daniel Candeias?

You miss him when he’s not in the team.

People don’t realise all his good work is done off the ball.

In many ways he’s our Makelele. Keeps things ticking and allows the more creative players to play. Tav would be lost without him.

The amount of squad level wingers we will have in our squad next season is worrying.

Can’t get excited by the likes of Jones, Hastie and Stewart. Much like I can’t gather much trust in DC (or even Murphy to an extent) performing each week.

In many ways he’s our Makelele. Keeps things ticking and allows the more creative players to play. Tav would be lost without him.

Absolutely ridiculous to compare an average journeyman winger to one of the best defensive midfielders of all time.

Tav would be lost without him is absolute bollocks as well.

I appreciate you have an opinion mate but it's simply wrong.

We need quality in there, work rate is all well and good but its quality players that win points and win trophies ultimately.

Absolutely ridiculous to compare an average journeyman winger to one of the best defensive midfielders of all time.

Tav would be lost without him is absolute bollocks as well.

I appreciate you have an opinion mate but it's simply wrong.

We need quality in there, work rate is all well and good but its quality players that win points and win trophies ultimately.

Yeah and Candeias is a forward not a DM, he can’t just get away with breaking up play/ tracking back he has a responsibility in the final third.

Gerrard will probably be happy to keen him as a squad player because of the example he must set with his attitude and work rate. But of course to start next season with the same attacking line would be madness, and I include Kent in that. We need better players.

I think some of the criticism on here is a bit unfair. When came on at half time, he worked his socks off, closing down defenders who eventually had to turn back and play the ball to their keeper, who had no choice but to hit it long. He is an excellent team player and his work rate is second to none.

I would make him Captain.
In many ways he’s our Makelele.

pg-14-comics-itv-re_248625s.jpg

Love the wee man his work rate is outrageous but I agree we need a player with more quality and consistency.

How would tav be lost without him?

He splits opinion and appreciate he does work hard for the team. I believe our style of play with him in the team is poor and we cannot go into next season with him as a main first team player, if we are to mount a serious a challenge.
Whit ?:rolleyes:

No offence to him but imo not good enough & shows the potential loss of Tav as greater than it would be.

If we can get £5m+ for Tav I’d take it & have Flanagan at RB, use the money for a RM/RW that can attack & provide goals that position should.

We have more than adequate free kick / corner / pen takers in the squad

He'll be a squad player next season but will still get plenty of game time (a chunk of that in the EL I'd imagine).

It's players like Lafferty who deserve a bit more stick than DC though (wish Kyle had a fraction of his application).

If we want a fee then it needs to be in a few weeks.
Anyone who thinks he's winning anything with him starting knows nothing about football, need better quality in the final third we all know it.
Doubt his replacement will have his work ethic, that's why we all love the fellow!!

I'm hoping The Well Gazelle finally puts paid to the increasingly frustrating Candeias.

A genuine winger with lightning pace that can take a man on, inside or out, and has a lethal left foot shot!

I suspect wee Dani's days are numbered.

A player with a good work ethic, so he will always get a pass in affection from a Rangers support.
A player who can on occasion pull something wonderful out of his bag of tricks.
A player who costs us in games because he cannot often make a simple pass or convert a straightforward chance in front of goal.

Them's the facts.

Nutshell presented.

I'm hoping The Well Gazelle finally puts paid to the increasingly frustrating Candeias.

A genuine winger with lightning pace that can take a man on, inside or out, and has a lethal left foot shot!

I suspect wee Dani's days are numbered.

I’m honestly wondering you’re link to this boy mate:D

People forget that the more we play the narrow 4321, the more the opposition will adjust to defend against it.

You need to be able to change a shape and he gives us that option, be it either during a game or by surprising a team.

Also, bit like.Mccorie, some games will be well suited to him, when we need to stretch a game, play on the break, tough euro nights where we dont have the ball..

He's got his limitations, but at this level, that to be expected

Is he a starter In a title winning Rangers's team?

Candeias is a brilliant option to have, especially when we're playing on the counter and need people to press relentlessly. He was fantastic last year and has had another good year.

He'll be here next season as a squad player and hopefully leaves with a league winners medal.
I feel like he was the one good player to come from Caixinha (Morelos was scouted by someone else before people start) and he’s actually over the two seasons been a decent player for us, he deserves to get the league medal with us.

He could do us a job for the next couple of season, even from the bench

We've signed Hastie from Motherwell. Looks like we are trying to improve this position. Between the 2 of them, I'd say we have a good threat down the right for next season. Hastie is young, he will be eased in. You wouldn't throw him straight into a Euro campaign for example.

Just, phuck. I’ve actually deleted a few reply posts. We could really do with a poster age range on here so that I could just go “awww” when I read stuff

Last edited:
Squad player. Lacks goals and quality in the final third. Struggles to beat his man and plays too far away from the main striker. He has a great assist record, but teams sitting in mean he's firing a load of balls into the box. Definitely keep as an impact sub.

Candeias is an ok option to have, we have had a lot better wingers before but he does a job and gets stuck in.

He missed two sitters yesterday then over hit a simple lay off to Morelos at the end of the game.

He’s not good enough in the final third, we need better quality at right wing.

He’s good enough for back up he cannot be in our starting XI next season if we genuinely want to win trophies.

He’s only got a year left on his contract anyway. He’ll be enough for back up next year then we’ll wish him well at the end of the season.
So did Morelos.

That’s becoming less evident.

No offence to him but imo not good enough & shows the potential loss of Tav as greater than it would be.

If we can get £5m+ for Tav I’d take it & have Flanagan at RB, use the money for a RM/RW that can attack & provide goals that position should.

We have more than adequate free kick / corner / pen takers in the squad
This is all Tavernier is to you?
I mean, Flanagan to replace him?
A player who was out of the picture because he was so poor?

He was flying for a while but crashed landed sometime ago, been hit and miss since. Hope he gets another season with us though.

I like Candeias, and I love his effort but if we are being honest we do need an upgrade on him in the starting 11. However I have no issue at all if he stays another year purely as a squad player. We simply cannot keep ditching more than half the squad every year.

I don't really like the football team we become or the football we play when he is on the park.

I also think a lot of his effort is misplaced.

Back