Aye but he scores lots of goals
Not any more

Aye but he creates lots of chanced for others
Not any more

But he's great from the penalty spot
Not any more

But he's great going forward
Not any more.

The only thing that's keeping him in the first team is the fact he was made captain and Gerrard doesn't want to embarrass him by benching him for a long period of time
You don’t half talk one load of shite

Can’t believe folk are genuinely blaming Tav for their goal

If you’re Tav, you’re watching that ball come in and fully expecting the keeper to punch it away so only natural you’re preparing to push out assuming the keeper clears it

That McGregor made an absolute arse of it cannot be blamed on Tav.

Genuinely mental the way some behave towards Tav.

Can’t believe folk are genuinely blaming Tav for their goal

If you’re Tav, you’re watching that ball come in and fully expecting the keeper to punch it away so only natural you’re preparing to push out assuming the keeper clears it

That McGregor made an absolute arse of it cannot be blamed on Tav.

Genuinely mental the way some behave towards Tav.

You don’t half talk a load of shite. Players should never sit there and ‘expect’ or bank on anything happening, you prepare for the worst and ready yourself, you stay with your man. Same way strikers don’t expect keepers to hold shots and are always following in for a rebound.

But love the extreme irony of you always willing and ready to tear Morelos down but all too happy to pretend mistakes just aren’t there when it’s a player you don’t have a petty grudge against. Tragic

You don’t half talk a load of shite. Players should never sit there and ‘expect’ or bank on anything happening, you prepare for the worst and ready yourself, you stay with your man. Same way strikers don’t expect keepers to hold shots and are always following in for a rebound.
McGregor completely mistimed it.

Tav was only a few feet away from him. You’re not expecting your trustworthy keeper to completely miss the ball.

That’s not talking shite, thats the reality.

Only someone with an agenda would lay any blame at Tav’s door for that goal.

McGregor completely mistimed it.

Tav was only a few feet away from him. You’re not expecting your trustworthy keeper to completely miss the ball.

That’s not talking shite, thats the reality.

Only someone with an agenda would lay any blame at Tav’s door for that goal.

Again, you don’t just stop and bank on your keeper keeping a hold of it. You follow your man until it’s safe in his hands and the attack is stone dead. It’s pathetic that you’re even willing to suggest otherwise, and equally embarrassing for you. I’m sure if it was Morelos’ man you’d be all over like flies on shit, that’s the sad part.

By the way Trotter, just to be clear. McGregor is by far the biggest culprit in that goal, but Tav’s still partially culpable for letting his man go, whether you want to pretend otherwise or not.

Again, you don’t just stop and bank on your keeper keeping a hold of it. You follow your man until it’s safe in his hands and the attack is stone dead. It’s pathetic that you’re even willing to suggest otherwise, and equally embarrassing for you. I’m sure if it was Morelos’ man you’d be all over like flies on shit, that’s the sad part.
All on McGregor. If it wasn’t you’d have heard the manager questioning Tav on it too

A shame you feel the need to try and drag Tav into it but it seems some of our fans get a kick out of it.

Really weird

All on McGregor. If it wasn’t you’d have heard the manager questioning Tav on it too

A shame you feel the need to try and drag Tav into it but it seems some of our fans get a kick out of it.

Really weird

So if the captain stays switched on and doesn’t lose his man it doesn’t end up in the net and McGregor gets away with one. But no, it’s “all on McGregor” because…..well actually we don’t know why because you can’t tell us why because you’re talking shite and you know it. Weird indeed, I mean why would anyone drag another player who could have prevented the goal into it. And yet you’re telling someone else that they talk shite.

Have a good one buddy :))

You know a threads went full retard when the resident clowns start bringing up the Hibs cup final in 2016 ffs B-D

To be fair it went full retard when he was completely absolved of any wrong doing for a goal in which the scorer of a free header was his man. Let’s be honest, if it was Patterson we’d be seeing a 180 on some of these hot takes.

It could have been sorted by playing both in pre-season.

Patterson is such an exciting player he might well have helped Tav out by playing alongside him i think they would work well together. The stuff about Tav only being any use playing from a deep position or them getting in each others way sounds like the old football manager stuff you used to read on here all the time. Nonsense. He can shoot from distance something we badly need.

Its interesting the way we are going through all the players (scottish guys first obviously or players not on big wages) but have still refused to accept our tactics are a large part of this seasons problem.

A bit more speed in the side, Patterson, and more options in the centre forward position not the one man isolated, we can hit some form against dross no probs.

We focus on the goal lost it was a shocker but when you cant put teams away these things happen there is way too much pressure on our defence and keeper to keep a clean sheet.

I dont believe there is any option but to play Nathan now, if we need to pick both then do it we can easily afford to leave out Kamara, Hagi or Wright from that starting 11.

It could have been sorted by playing both in pre-season.

Patterson is such an exciting player he might well have helped Tav out by playing alongside him i think they would work well together. The stuff about Tav only being any use playing from a deep position or them getting in each others way sounds like the old football manager stuff you used to read on here all the time. Nonsense. He can shoot from distance something we badly need.

Its interesting the way we are going through all the players (scottish guys first obviously or players not on big wages) but have still refused to accept our tactics are a large part of this seasons problem.

A bit more speed in the side, Patterson, and more options in the centre forward position not the one man isolated, we can hit some form against dross no probs.

We focus on the goal lost it was a shocker but when you cant put teams away these things happen there is way too much pressure on our defence and keeper to keep a clean sheet.

I dont believe there is any option but to play Nathan now, if we need to pick both then do it we can easily afford to leave out Kamara, Hagi or Wright from that starting 11.
"They are two fantastic players so I can't have one of them on the bench for every game of the season, that's for sure." Steven Gerrard said this exactly 3 months ago. Since then, when both have been fit and selected for the squad, one of them has sat on the bench for every minute of every game. This situation is on SG to resolve, as he has stated himself, and the time to act is right now.

To be fair it went full retard when he was completely absolved of any wrong doing for a goal in which the scorer of a free header was his man. Let’s be honest, if it was Patterson we’d be seeing a 180 on some of these hot takes.

There's no fault at the goal other than McGregor for me. Regardless of whether it was Tav, Patterson, Goldson or whoever else marking. Roofe lost his man as well because I'd assume him and Tav thought it was bread and butter for McGregor.

I've said for ages all the Warburton signings should be "got rid" .

Tav is last man standing so let's "get rid".

Other than last season, where he was fantastic, he's no got it. As for captain...jeeezo!

So you know more about what it takes to be a captain than Steven Gerrard? Why not send your CV in?

Tav is pish can't defend his crossing is very poor hits the first man 90% of the time we have a better right back who plays international level but can't hold down a position in a poor Rangers team because the manager won't change it Goldson is the same gets a game through loyalty never dropped
See if your laughing at the end of January as this team are struggling to beat any sort of challenge

McGregor literally punches the ball onto the head of Halkett, it wasn't like Tav was beaten to it in the air. It's desperate stuff blaming Tav, and it's only here that you'll read him get any blame which makes it all the more bizarre.

Mckay Steven literally carried the ball about 40 yards with little challenge, we then had the situation under control at which stage he inexplicably brought him down despite us having pretty much regained the ball which kept us under pressure, without that we have the ball and the corner never happens. It's not that bizarre TBH, it is game management. The general sighs and FFS reaction to the foul suggested it was a hell of a lot more than just here, KT pretty much saying don't foul him, suggests it isn't just on here

Last edited:
Mckay Steven literally carried the ball about 40 yards with little challenge, we then had the situation under control at which stage he inexplicably brought him down despite us having pretty much regained the ball which kept us under pressure, without that we have the ball and the corner never happens. It's not that bizarre TBH, it is game management

Ah, so we're now blaming him for something he did in an earlier phase of play, got it.

Who would you blame for this? Barasic? Morelos?
That's a combination of Tav and Lundstram. Lundstram needs to spot the danger but why in God's name Tav would leave his man and not bother shouting at Lundstram to pick him up is a question only he can answer. Smacks of no leadership. Dundee United goal was similar.

Did the ball not end up back in Hearts half before the ball went back up the park again before they won the corner? That was my memory but I can't see it on the highlights.

Are you genuinely attempting to imply it wouldn't have been more beneficial for the ball to have been in possession of....... Rangers

Are you genuinely attempting to imply it wouldn't have been more beneficial for the ball to have been in possession of....... Rangers

Of course it would have been better but you can't prove we would have kept the ball if Tav didn't give a free kick away either. He could have won the tackle and rolled the ball into midfield or into Alfie's feet and they could have lost it and Hearts go up and score.

The point is when there's various phases of play after Tav gives away a free kick it's totally unfair to pull it back to that point. We had ample opportunity after the free kick to stop the ball going into our net.

Did the ball not end up back in Hearts half before the ball went back up the park again before they won the corner? That was my memory but I can't see it on the highlights.
It ended up at the halfway line,was then played out wide right and they got a corner through a deflection off of Kamara about 35 yards from goal.

Tav has done this throughout his time at Rangers. He goes on runs of games where he is brilliant for weeks then seems to have equally as long bang average spells.

Really difficult to say why.

If we're willing to bring in earlier phases of play then why not go the full hog and go all the way back to the sitter Morelos missed that would have at best killed the game dead and at worst given Hearts a mere consolation.

Clutching at straws works many ways.

Of course it would have been better but you can't prove we would have kept the ball if Tav didn't give a free kick away either. He could have won the tackle and rolled the ball into midfield or into Alfie's feet and they could have lost it and Hearts go up and score.

The point is when there's various phases of play after Tav gives away a free kick it's totally unfair to pull it back to that point. We had ample opportunity after the free kick to stop the ball going into our net.

I can't because I can only comment on thinks that were and that did happen.

Tav is a grown man mate, the analysis of the situation is likely tame compared to when they sit and watch it back today when he has to see that and admit he made a roaring cnt of it.

He is a player playing as Captain of a football team who has played football since he was about 8 years old bud, he will be used to hearing people give him sh*t about incidents and giving himself sh*t as well, you don't reach the standard he has without some form of awareness of the f*ck ups you make.

If we're willing to bring in earlier phases of play then why not go the full hog and go all the way back to the sitter Morelos missed that would have at best killed the game dead and at worst given Hearts a mere consolation.

I agree re the Morelos chance though, I agree re McGregor making an arse of it, players do make individual errors. There is no straws to clutch at, it is comment on an event that took place during the game.

We never had possession of the ball,Mackay Steven had the ball,you said so in a previous post?

If the situation had been managed correctly we would though, he was going nowhere, the ball was there to be won rather than take the decision to foul him.

I would expect people are protesting more on the players behalf than the player himself would when shown it back TBH

Exactly. Every single goal we concede you could go back and there will be a mistake somewhere. If our Striker loses the ball in the opposition box and they break away and score you wont see him blamed often. More criticism would be labelled at the team as a whole not getting back into shape quick enough or winning the ball back.

The goal was 100% the fault of McGregor.

Exactly. Every single goal we concede you could go back and there will be a mistake somewhere. If our Striker loses the ball in the opposition box and they break away and score you wont see him blamed often. More criticism would be labelled at the team as a whole not getting back into shape quick enough or winning the ball back.

The goal was 100% the fault of McGregor.

Correct, which is how a coaching team would view it, how analysis would view it, they will rarely see goals lost as 100% an individuals fault

The notion they will sit and watch that goal, and what lead to it back and simply say "%^*& it all Allans fault" is, slightly hilarious to me to be honest, that is the attitude of a football club who would never ever get better

Correct, which is how a coaching team would view it, how analysis would view it, they will rarely see goals lost as 100% an individuals fault

The notion they will sit and watch that goal, and what lead to it back and simply say "%^*& it all Allans fault" is, slightly hilarious to me to be honest, that is the attitude of a football club who would never ever get better

Gerrard blamed the strikers for the amount of chances they missed when defending McGregor in the media. He didn't mention a free kick Tav gave away because it had nothing to do with how the ball ended up in the net.

If the situation had been managed correctly we would though, he was going nowhere, the ball was there to be won rather than take the decision to foul him.

I would expect people are protesting more on the players behalf than the player himself would when shown it back TBH
He was going nowhere but he could have quite easily played it back to the guy behind him.
I don't think Tav should have put a foot in as it gave him the chance to go down,i also thought it was a very soft foul/dive.

Gerrard blamed the strikers for the amount of chances they missed when defending McGregor in the media. He didn't mention a free kick Tav gave away because it had nothing to do with how the ball ended up in the net.

It clearly did..... the notion it didn't simply isn't true bud.

Gerrard is right to blame strikers for chances missed, it is possible for more than one event to to be true. If you don't think someone is going to watch that back and speak to Tav re how the incident he was involved in failed, you are really missing the entire premise of what a coach and analysis team does.

He was going nowhere but he could have quite easily played it back to the guy behind him.
I don't think Tav should have put a foot in as it gave him the chance to go down,i also thought it was a very soft foul/dive.

He was going nowhere I agree, we had two people on him it was under control and likely going to play out with us getting the ball. It was a situation in our favor.

I agree he went down easily, but he was given the chance to do it. It was fckn infuriating to watch to me TBH as was the distance he was allowed to travel to get in that situation. I say that as someone who likes him and sees him as better than decisions like that

Last edited:
There's no fault at the goal other than McGregor for me. Regardless of whether it was Tav, Patterson, Goldson or whoever else marking. Roofe lost his man as well because I'd assume him and Tav thought it was bread and butter for McGregor.

So you know more about what it takes to be a captain than Steven Gerrard? Why not send your CV in?

I think that’s mental mate, and I truly don’t think yourself (or several others) would be saying that if it was someone other than Tav (particularly Patterson). Also wouldn’t be the first time Roofe’s done similar (St Johnstone), however, his man didn’t stick the ball in the net this time so it’s harder to shift the blame from Tav on this occasions (as far as the marking goes), although I’m hardly surprised people are having a good go at it anyway.

You stick with your man until the attack is diffused, especially in the dying embers of a game. If you fail to do so and your man ends up scoring then you’ve fucked up, regardless of the fact McGregor was clearly the chief culprit for failing to deal with a bread and butter cross.

I've always been a massive fan of Tav but if we're picking players based on form (or lack of) then Patterson should get a run in the team now.

Defensively he's never been great (although also not as bad as some would make out) but i was always if the opinion his work going forward massively out weighed his defensive frailties.

Unfortunately this season he hasn't been great at either end of the pitch.

Love the irony of a FM expert that can’t differentiate between a suspension and a player being dropped, using the phrase “full retard” :))

Back