The club must press for Clancy's head

I had a discussion with my brother in law about Clancys 'performance'. He couldn't see anything wrong with it. It dawned on me that he is so used to seeing this type of refereeing display, that it's became the norm.
I have 2 in laws that are septic fans one of them predictably said he couldn’t see any major issues the other, who was a referee up to junior level years ago said that Clancy had an absolute shocker and even he agreed that at least 3 of them should have walked, also Christie could and should have gone twice, 2 footed tackle on Goldson was a straight red and his tackle handling of Alfie was also a straight red, an embarrassing performance from start to finish.

The clown Julien should have walked for at least 3 major incidents that Clancy conveniently and deliberately ignored. Morelos jersey being clearly pulled when both were the only two players in the penalty area. Morelos being shoved to the ground in an off the ball incident. Lastly, the blatant last man incident where Julien fouled Alfredo. Clancy should never be allowed a Rangers game ever again.

we had the media giving treacle teeth a platform before the game to say if we had VAR celtic would have had more points. thats how far gone the media in this country are.
Can,t really understand why he thinks that as they get all the decisions their way anyway.

I have 2 in laws that are septic fans one of them predictably said he couldn’t see any major issues the other, who was a referee up to junior level years ago said that Clancy had an absolute shocker and even he agreed that at least 3 of them should have walked, also Christie could and should have gone twice, 2 footed tackle on Goldson was a straight red and his tackle handling of Alfie was also a straight red, an embarrassing performance from start to finish.

Christie's two footer on Goldson was in their penalty box. Not only should there have been a card for him but it should also have been a penalty kick for us. Clancy awarded them a free kick! As far as I am concerned that was the moment that any neutral would have realised that the referee was totally biased in favour of one team. It was the first time in my 60+ years of both playing and watching football that I had ever seen a referee give a free kick in favour of a player who has just committed a two footed tackle on an opposing player.

Beyond Clancy's incompetence or just outright cheating, one of the most disturbing things is that no media outlet, or even one of our own, has commented publicly on how Rangers players, and particularly Morelos, were refereed to a different standard.

We've debated to death the number of "questionable" decisions that just happened to go in favour of Celtic. As well as those, that at least 3 of their players were given the" benefit of the doubt" in 2nd yellow or outright red card challenges can't be disputed, the TV cameras captured them after all.

Yet for Morelos, who was the victim of the majority of these challenges, Clancy couldn't get his cards out quickly enough for 2 soft bookings, the 85th minute and the second being in the 6th minute of four minutes of stoppage time. Benefit of the doubt, common sense shown to Alfie, no chance!

Why, in the context of the game was he not afforded similar leniency?

Who is going to ask why that was?

3 times mate.

His deliberate handball when he was on the deck to stop Rangers getting a counter attack.
Clancy again gave the free kick but no card.

He had these 3 fouls after being booked.

Guess how many Morelos was allowed at Motherwell before it was 'persistent fouling'?

The frustrating thing is how the press made such a big deal this time last year about John Beaton failing to send Morelos off. They had an absolute field day with it. It was a story for the sake of a story and it only came out a few days after, there was no complaints at the time.

Now you have a whole host of terrible decisions and the press want nothing to do with it.

Celtic should’ve had 3 players sent off. Julien, Bolingoli and Christie.

Scott Brown could easily have received a yellow for his elbow on Tav. He would then get sent off with his next challenge.

We should have had a penalty for the shirt pulling on Aribo and the 2 footed challenge by Christie is a foul and potentially a red card.

So, that’s 4 Celtic players (Christie, twice) who could’ve been sent off, us denied a clear penalty. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, it would be an outrage.

Worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen, even worse than ‘Rangers man’ John Beaton in the August 2017 Hibs game.
And that ham shank Crook er said a height foot by Goldson

Why has Brown not been cited for the forearm / punch to Tav on the line ? It's even been show clear as day several times !!
This whole christie charade has played out exactly how it's orchestrators planned .
By allowing the compliance officer to refer her first ever player from her employers , it allowed septic to play the victim card , thus allowing them control of stories their footmen in the press and media would focus on .
They used christie , a player who was going to be out injured anyway to deflect from the real stories , such as the humiliation handed to them by a superior Rangers team at their stade , their hand picked referee outing himself in front of millions , the racially motivated treatment of Alfredo Morelos .
If clerrr was anything other than a puppet , why was scott brown not referred for his brutality , when clearly using his forearm to smash James Tavernier in the face , that the linesman did his very best to miss even with his unrestricted view. We all know clerrrrrs employers would never have instructed her to offer up their captain unless he had a long term injury.

This whole christie charade has played out exactly how it's orchestrators planned .
By allowing the compliance officer to refer her first ever player from her employers , it allowed septic to play the victim card , thus allowing them control of stories their footmen in the press and media would focus on .
They used christie , a player who was going to be out injured anyway to deflect from the real stories , such as the humiliation handed to them by a superior Rangers team at their stade , their hand picked referee outing himself in front of millions , the racially motivated treatment of Alfredo Morelos .
If clerrr was anything other than a puppet , why was scott brown not referred for his brutality , when clearly using his forearm to smash James Tavernier in the face , that the linesman did his very best to miss even with his unrestricted view. We all know clerrrrrs employers would never have instructed her to offer up their captain unless he had a long term injury.
A bit like her predecessors who cited mentally challengeds after they'd won the league to even up the numbers.

Clancy's head is none of your business bro ...........
peter-crouch-abbey-clancy-1559656252.jpg

This post is bang on.

Id just ask you that, given that EVERY SINGLE MAJOR GAME CHANGING ERROR favoured them, why you think that this was just a bad performance & not cheating ?

Ive seen nothing like it in 50 years of OF games.
Because I think he's a poor ref who had a poor game.
I think the job should be made professional and I think var should be in play
I think celtic have control & influence of the game up here which has included a campaign of intimidation which has had the desired effect on match officials including his performance the other week
I think thier fans behave disgracefully when the lose which has resulted in death threats, broken windows and personal details being posted online.
I think they have the media sewn up.

I think there is a general consensus among us on this board who agree with the points I've made above (Clancy apart obviously)

With hindsight my first post in the thread should have highlighted all of the above and pointed out that by calling for Clancys head we would be missing the bigger picture not whether I thought he was a cheat or not as that isn't the thread title or question.

I hope that answers your question, apologies if I've upset you I don't often see you posting in caps.

I think celtic have control & influence of the game up here which has included a campaign of intimidation which has had the desired effect on match officials including his performance the other week
I think thier fans behave disgracefully when the lose which has resulted in death threats, broken windows and personal details being posted online.

I think there is a general consensus among us on this board who agree with the points I've made above (Clancy apart obviously)

With hindsight my first post in the thread should have highlighted all of the above and pointed out that by calling for Clancys head we would be missing the bigger picture not whether I thought he was a cheat or not as that isn't the thread title or question.

I hope that answers your question, apologies if I've upset you I don't often see you posting in caps.
Your a fucking troll.

Was talking to ma mate the other day, think we could name 6 refs and 4 are mentally challengeds. Bit of a difference percentage wise to the population, I wonder why that is.

I heard from an assistant ref over ten years ago that this was the case.

The problem regarding standards is that there are fewer taking up refereeing now. The behaviour of people attending low-level matches (often parents at kids’ games) is said to be a major factor.

However, there is a major issue over and above incompetence. The media isn’t going to discuss this because there are hardly any writers sympathetic to Rangers.

This is where we should be using our own website.

hand picked years ago to come through the ranks and to serve a purpose.

This is exactly what's happened.

They have infiltrated an organisation they believed heavily favoured Rangers. We've been listening to this for decades so why would anyone doubt this. They have set out to affect change with the singular intension of turning things in their favour. What we are witnessing every week now is simply the fruits of their labour.

It's what they do! It's what they do in every profession so why would football be off limits to them. They've managed it because they have been unopposed and that's just about that in a nutshell.

I feel very strongly about this you are correct.

Clancy tried to cheat my club & Rangers players out of what they deserved.

It was blatant & a disgrace & it genuinely was the worst example of prolonged cheating I’ve seen in my life in a professional football match.

That is a fact.

I feel very strongly about this you are correct.

Clancy tried to cheat my club & Rangers players out of what they deserved.

It was blatant & a disgrace & it genuinely was the worst example of prolonged cheating I’ve seen in my life in a professional football match.

That is a fact.
Cheat is a very strong word but completely accurate in this context. This was not incompetence and definitely not down to " I didn't see the incident". Blatant cheating and I have never ever watched anything like it in my life

This is exactly what's happened.

They have infiltrated an organisation they believed heavily favoured Rangers. We've been listening to this for decades so why would anyone doubt this. They have set out to affect change with the singular intension of turning things in their favour. What we are witnessing every week now is simply the fruits of their labour.

It's what they do! It's what they do in every profession so why would football be off limits to them. They've managed it because they have been unopposed and that's just about that in a nutshell.

exactly, aka Stewart Regan.

Beyond Clancy's incompetence or just outright cheating, one of the most disturbing things is that no media outlet, or even one of our own, has commented publicly on how Rangers players, and particularly Morelos, were refereed to a different standard.

We've debated to death the number of "questionable" decisions that just happened to go in favour of Celtic. As well as those, that at least 3 of their players were given the" benefit of the doubt" in 2nd yellow or outright red card challenges can't be disputed, the TV cameras captured them after all.

Yet for Morelos, who was the victim of the majority of these challenges, Clancy couldn't get his cards out quickly enough for 2 soft bookings, the 85th minute and the second being in the 6th minute of four minutes of stoppage time. Benefit of the doubt, common sense shown to Alfie, no chance!

Again it doesn’t really help when our manager has no real complaints about his performance and our MD doesn’t want to be critical of referees,

Officials who allow themselves to be intimidated and can’t make decisions based on the actual rules of the game are in fact cheats and should not be involved in football

A poor ref having a poor game would have given some poor decisions in our favour.

The fact that you had to make one up says it all.

Two weeks since the game and you still can't give a real example of a big call that went Rangers way.

A mate at work has a friend who is a season ticket holder at the yahoos but also referees at a good level. He asked him for his honest assessment of Clancy performance and his reply was that Clancy got caught up in the emotion and reffed it like a Celtic fan !
Probably a decent assessment. Personally no Filth or indeed Rangers fan should ever referee either of our matches.

We're even omitting Clancy seeing through a crowded penalty area to give the Peasants a penalty for a Celtc jersey being pulled, yet he couldn't see Julien pulling Morelos jersey when they were the only two players in the Celtc penalty area. It was impossible for Clancy to miss that incident. It is cheating, nothing less.

A poor ref having a poor game would have given some poor decisions in our favour.

The fact that you had to make one up says it all.

Two weeks since the game and you still can't give a real example of a big call that went Rangers way.
I remember when a few of us on here posted about referees and how they were making decisions that, let’s just say were highly dubious for one team and against another, oh how the insults flew about being paranoid, wearing tinfoil hats and being as bad as that lot.
The fact we still have people (less now granted) who still refuse to see the blatant corruption going on in our game and culminating in that farce of a performance by their Kev is truly quite remarkable.

Well that was the clubs job (in the absence of an impartial media) they have to make this big news. They have again ‘mealy-mouthed’ around doing so, to such an extent that incredibly the tims are the ones now playing victims after this game. That shows you exactly how weak the response has been.

We are going to get much more of this. The bar has been set to a new standard with that corruption going unchallenged.

I can’t help thinking that we are getting the refs we deserve for our cowardice in this situation. That’s how fcuking angry you get at the stupidity and lack of understanding of what we face here - and what it could cost us.

We said what Clancy was going to do before the game - and he then goes out and actually put tim icing on top of his usual display. One of a gaggle of refs who have perfect eyesight with things that benefit our opposition and yet have failing eyesight when the benefit is for us. It cost us at Aberdeen and more, and cost us the cup.

At parkhead It was a miracle we overcame not getting a single big decision and many damaging decisions against in what could be described as a cheat-storm of a performance.

We probably won’t survive this kind of performance the next time. For me that will now be the clubs fault - they refuse to call it out and it’s blatant.

I remember when a few of us on here posted about referees and how they were making decisions that, let’s just say were highly dubious for one team and against another, oh how the insults flew about being paranoid, wearing tinfoil hats and being as bad as that lot.
The fact we still have people (less now granted) who still refuse to see the blatant corruption going on in our game and culminating in that farce of a performance by their Kev is truly quite remarkable.

It's infuriating it really is. When do people finally accept the truth when it's staring them in the face ? Once the title slips our grasp by a single point? The club has to do more and it still angers me they didn't given what's at stake here.

Last edited:
Cheat is a very strong word but completely accurate in this context. This was not incompetence and definitely not down to " I didn't see the incident". Blatant cheating and I have never ever watched anything like it in my life

Absolutely agree BBOOO.

It is a strong word & there have been times when it wasn’t justified. Almost 2 weeks after the match & im very comfortable using it.

Well that was the clubs job (in the absence of an impartial media) they have to make this big news. They have again ‘mealy-mouthed’ around doing so, to such an extent that incredibly the tims are the ones now playing victims after this game. That shows you exactly how weak the response has been.

We are going to get much more of this. The bar has been set to a new standard with that corruption going unchallenged.

I can’t help thinking that we are getting the refs we deserve for our cowardice in this situation. That’s how fcuking angry you get at the stupidity and lack of understanding of what we face here - and what it could cost us.

We said what Clancy was going to do before the game - and he then goes out and actually put tim icing on top of his usual display. One of a gaggle of refs who have perfect eyesight with things that benefit our opposition and yet have failing eyesight when the benefit is for us. It cost us at Aberdeen and more, and cost us the cup.

At parkhead It was a miracle we overcame not getting a single big decision and many damaging decisions against in what could be described as a cheat-storm of a performance.

We probably won’t survive this kind of performance the next time. For me that will now be the clubs fault - they refuse to call it out and it’s blatant.

Exactly this.

Also if there's any further incentive the club need it's the blood sweat and tears the support put into following Rangers week in week out. We deserve a far far stronger condemnation of the now blatant corruption we are witnessing this season.

Clancy won’t be getting an OF or even likely a Rangers game again this season.

Pity the team that gets him for their game against Bheast FC - they don’t stand a chance.

Which is why we have to be on the front foot in any possible title-run in. These refs will be under severe pressure to give the Peasants everything.

Back