The Elusive Kevin Kelly

This man was in positions of power at celtic, Torbett's company, he was the chairman of celtic up until 1994 and was previously a director at the aforementioned club.

I am in no way saying he has been involved in any wrongdoing but can anybody tell me why any information regarding him is very scarce and indeed why he is the only chairman of celtic who doesn't have his own Wikipedia page.

Scratching my head on this one because information is easily available for all other chairmen and directors. Does anyone else think this is unusual?
Even his whereabouts now is hard to find?

They money laundered back in the 1960's and they cheated other clubs by understating attendances at a time when the gate money was split between the clubs. Back in the 60's it was rumoured in Glasgow that they routed money to their players as bonuses via a Glasgow bookie called Tony Queen, who was a great pal of Jock Stein. The scam allegedly was that the gate money they cheated the other clubs out of went to Tony Queen who set up dodgy 'bets' through his company and then routed it back into the bank accounts of various parties at Parkhead as supposedly 'winning bets'. That way any tax due on earnings was completely avoided.

Jim, do you have any hard evidence on this, or people you know who might be able to validate it mate ?

These people don't tend to publish their profile on facebooknor twitter.

If you can access the dark web I bet there's loads on him.

This man was in positions of power at celtic, Torbett's company, he was the chairman of celtic up until 1994 and was previously a director at the aforementioned club.

I am in no way saying he has been involved in any wrongdoing but can anybody tell me why any information regarding him is very scarce and indeed why he is the only chairman of celtic who doesn't have his own Wikipedia page.

Scratching my head on this one because information is easily available for all other chairmen and directors. Does anyone else think this is unusual?

You may not say it but I will. If that rat gained a conscience from somewhere and told even HALF of what he knows, there would be a new Tesco in the East end of Glasgow. He's a rat of the highest order.

Celtic claimed it was for trophies. Did they not work it out to be the equivalent of about 4000 trophies per week, even with the Kelly's in charge and their history for fiddling numbers and even the seville calculate possibly being around at that time we know that is shite.

It would mean they spent 5 grand a week on trophies for 4 years running

About as believable as the Bolingoli story

Jim, do you have any hard evidence on this, or people you know who might be able to validate it mate ?

Grigo - that particular rumour was about the city away back in the day when Stein and Tony Queen were practically joined at the hip. That is going back nearly 50 years. From memory, I first heard it from someone who worked at Centre One in East Kilbride back in the 1970's. As most older Bears on here will confirm, however, another well known fact back then was that their Directors (who at the time came from well known families) were strongly suspected by the Boards of other clubs of understating attendances at Parkhead. (It needs to be remembered that the gates used to be split between clubs). One such instance I will always recall was a game they had against St Mirren around 69/70 when St Mirren were going well at the time. The St Mirren Directors reckoned that there were at least 40,000 inside Parkhead. When they received the note of the attendance just after half-time they were shocked to read that it was only 28,000. One St Mirren Director apparently made an audible comment across the Directors Box that, "They're at it again"!

The general suspicion for years was that certain families had been skimming from the gate money. The rumour about Tony Queen's role in the direction of monies emanating from that did do the rounds but validation of it, nearly 50 years on with many of the people long gone, would be virtually impossible.

Probably going back around 30 years to the early 90s, I was working for a whisky company based in Glasgow. I was asked by a director to pop into his office to meet someone, turned out it was a wind up with me being a blue nose - sitting in his office were Kevin Kelly and Jim Torbett. They were both there for a meeting representing The Trophy Centre/Centenary Scotch Whisky Ltd.

Quickly turned on my heels and made a sharp exit. I knew who Kevin Kelly was with him being Celtic director/chairman, never realised who his sidekick was till years later. Kelly and Torbett obviously had a close working relationship, beyond belief Kelly had no inclination of what was going on.

Grigo - that particular rumour was about the city away back in the day when Stein and Tony Queen were practically joined at the hip. That is going back nearly 50 years. From memory, I first heard it from someone who worked at Centre One in East Kilbride back in the 1970's. As most older Bears on here will confirm, however, another well known fact back then was that their Directors (who at the time came from well known families) were strongly suspected by the Boards of other clubs of understating attendances at Parkhead. (It needs to be remembered that the gates used to be split between clubs). One such instance I will always recall was a game they had against St Mirren around 69/70 when St Mirren were going well at the time. The St Mirren Directors reckoned that there were at least 40,000 inside Parkhead. When they received the note of the attendance just after half-time they were shocked to read that it was only 28,000. One St Mirren Director apparently made an audible comment across the Directors Box that, "They're at it again"!

The general suspicion for years was that certain families had been skimming from the gate money. The rumour about Tony Queen's role in the direction of monies emanating from that did do the rounds but validation of it, nearly 50 years on with many of the people long gone, would be virtually impossible.
In that case it’s 100% True then . That is the way there game works isn’t it ?

I know you're 100% right on the crowds mate, I remember that too. Exactly how many we don't know but I think that estimate is pretty accurate, and with it being terracing it was harder to
tell than the seating nowadays.

We were just thinking on a different angle, in that were they using this undeclared cash &
income to fund the boys club ?

Thanks Jim.

was tony queen the driver?

Many of a Celtic disposition will tell you that the club's legendary manager, Jock Stein, never fully recovered from a horrific car accident on the A74. The same could be said of Tony Queen, whose car Big Jock was driving that fateful night in July 1975.

Left close to death by the crash, Tony was the most seriously injured of the five friends who were travelling together when their car was in collision with a car heading in the opposite direction on the road between Scotland and England.

Dementia - can’t remember - any enquiry over - miraculous recovery, is how it will play out. The groundwork was laid a few years back.
Someone posted about him still walking down to the roll shop and back every morning for his newpapers and rolls. He is some age now too.

Maybe when he croaks it they will chuck him under the bus.

I wonder if it will be another savile. Information will become public once he is no longer alive on this earth to answer too. JMO

The men who owned Celtic back in the 60s and 70s weren't particularly wealthy, 100% they falsified crowd numbers in order to fleece the tax man. Theres no doubt in my mind the money passing through Torbetts companies was a vehicle for them to take money out of the club.
They also operated cash turnstiles that went straight into there own pockets as well.
And everyone was aware of rumours surrounding the boys at Celtic, everyone.

As you know, I like to analyse statements for fine detail. The fact that Keevins repeatedly referred to "duffle bags stuffed with bank notes" rather than just "bags stuffed with bank notes" is very specific and suggests he had direct knowledge of what was going on.

Thank you my friend. Hope you are keeping well ;)

The c.unt claimed ignorance when a reporter showed up at his door last year.

Kelly was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

At the time of the 1986 probe Kelly was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.

He was asked about the 1986 probe by Celtic FC which had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”, he replied: “I’ve nothing to say about that, I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything."

When asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he denied it saying: “I wasn’t a director.”
When it was put to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company he retorted: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”

He went on to add - “A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”

He fucking knew alright, the auld filthy bastard. I'd like to know why this prick appears to be untouchable.

The c.unt claimed ignorance when a reporter showed up at his door last year.

Kelly was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

At the time of the 1986 probe Kelly was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.

He was asked about the 1986 probe by Celtic FC which had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”, he replied: “I’ve nothing to say about that, I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything."

When asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he denied it saying: “I wasn’t a director.”
When it was put to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company he retorted: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”

He went on to add - “A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”

He fucking knew alright, the auld filthy bastard. I'd like to know why this prick appears to be untouchable.

So would I BBL. That quote you highlighted suggests they were complicit mate.

My granda - a lifelong celtic fan - has told me numerous times that the Kelly’s were tight-a*sed gangsters. Said there was a game against Liverpool in the old piggery and they said it was 20,000 less than there actually was to avoid tax. Said something about the money going to some old woman in Ireland. Dodgy past for Morality Utd.

Back