Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen Veerman a few times play as I live in the ‘Dam and watch a lot of Dutch football, and said a few times on this thread that he would be a sensation for us....he has it all and my only mystery is why he is not heading for the EPL.
I thought he'd be out our reach too. He looks exactly what we need with his goals and assists count, nice to hear from someone that's seen him live.

Davis, Kamara, Lundstram, Veerman, Jack, Arfield that's the six positions filled.

Move Aribo permanently to a number 10 role which is his best position.

Loan moves for Kelly and Ofoborh.

If Kamara goes bring in Harroui.

Optimistic Loyal especially the last part.
Whats happening with Hagi in your scenario?

Davis, Kamara, Lundstram, Veerman, Jack, Arfield that's the six positions filled.

So Aribo moves to one of the number 10 roles.

We then have:

Roofe, Kent, Wright, Sakala, Hagi & Aribo in number 10s fighting for 2 positions.

For the number 9 role, we have Morelos, Itten & Defoe.

So Aribo moves to one of the number 10 roles.

We then have:

Roofe, Kent, Wright, Sakala, Hagi & Aribo in number 10s fighting for 2 positions.

For the number 9 role, we have Morelos, Itten & Defoe.
Aribo won't nailed to any role, he'll continue to play his part in different roles.

E
Must mean Kamara is away then we already have too many bodies in midfield.

We all wanted to improve the midfield time will tell if this lad is any better than Kamara but we've also added Lundstrum so the management team have also clearly wanted to upgrade the midfield.

If Veerman came in and Kamara left and the transfer window closed tomorrow I would be happy with our squad. Possibly lacking a right sided attacker with pace but that's just being a typical fan whos greedy and always looking for an additional player.
Everyone said the same last year about Morelos when we signed Roofe and Itten

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Veerman is a very different type of midfielder from what we've went for under Gerrard so far.

So much so that I feel like he suits one of the number 10 roles rather than in midfield.

Best example I can think of, given our approach is similar, is Keita at Liverpool. No doubt he's a good player but they just don't set up to make the most of him. I do wonder what we'd be looking to do with Veerman that way.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Veerman is a very different type of midfielder from what we've went for under Gerrard so far.

So much so that I feel like he suits one of the number 10 roles rather than in midfield.

Best example I can think of, given our approach is similar, is Keita at Liverpool. No doubt he's a good player but they just don't set up to make the most of him. I do wonder what we'd be looking to do with Veerman that way.
Veerman is most suited to the role that Aribo plays when he’s in the midfield 3 imo

Aribo won't be moved to any role, he'll continue to play his part in different roles.

I was more making point at the other posters positions.

If we see the arrival of Veerman, then ultimately we need to trim some of the players.

Gerrard has stated previously how he likes 2 players per position.

McGregor/McLaughlin

Tavernier/Paterson
Goldson/Balogun
Helander/Simpson
Barisic/Bassey (upgrade required IMO)

Jack/Veerman
Kamara/Aribo
Davis/Lundstram

Kent/Sakala
Morelos/Itten
Roofe/Hagi

That leaves:

Katic/Edmundson
Ofoboroh/Arfield
Wright/Defoe

So, generally a midfield of:

Veerman
Davis
Lundstram
?

With Jack, Ofoborh and Arfield as a kind of back up?? And Aribo pitching in as required.

(assuming Kamara leaves)

Any news on Bright Osayi-Samuel??

Harroui and Veerman. That’s a dream.

There were three players we were linked with; Harroui, Veerman and Ozcän. The latter signed a new deal with Köln. All three looked excellent midfielders. Hamer of Coventry was linked too, he looks a level below the other three. Harroui and Ozcän impressed for their under 21 nations.

The Eredivise is a fantastic league with some cracking talent. It’s where Veerman, Doekhi, Harroui all play. Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye (just went to Genk for £3m), Zian Flemming and Tronstad.

Veerman is most suited to the role that Aribo plays when he’s in the midfield 3 imo

And it's fair to say Aribo takes some criticism for that in the bigger games and is moved forward by Gerrard for those more often than not now.

I'm not going to judge either way, of course - every chance we don't actually sign him - but I just find it an interesting change of dynamic given what we've seem these last couple of seasons in particular.

Unless Veerman has more about him that way than I've seen/realise, of course.

Harroui and Veerman. That’s a dream.

There were three players we were linked with; Harroui, Veerman and Ozcän. The latter signed a new deal with Köln. All three looked excellent midfielders. Hamer of Coventry was linked too, he looks a level below the other three. Harroui and Ozcän impressed for their under 21 nations.

The Eredivise is a fantastic league with some cracking talent. It’s where Veerman, Doekhi, Harroui all play. Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye (just went to Genk for £3m), Zian Flemming and Tronstad.
With Davis at the end stage of his career and Kamara leaving at some point soon probably this window if we managed to bag Veerman along with Harroui and add Doekhi into the backline then we have seriously enhanced our team with quality.

Veerman
Davis
Lundstram
?

With Jack, Ofoborh and Arfield as a kind of back up?? And Aribo pitching in as required.

(assuming Kamara leaves)

Jack starts before Lundstram to me until he proves otherwise

Veerman
Davis
Lundstram
?

(assuming Kamara leaves)

Fenerbahçe looking for £3/4 million apparantly there has been a few links to that mob across the city too Fulham also interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back