Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it just great to be discussing summer transfers and these are all realistic targets. Long gone are the days when we dreamed of signing these type of players and were ultimately left with players who were not good enough, didn't take us forward and cost us a fortune to get rid of them.

Give me some midfielders please, replacement/competition for Jack and Davis will do nicely.

2 players for every position like SG wanted. Davo has been outstanding but he cannot go on forever.

I think kamara will be only big star leaving and we will probably bring in two midfielder s Garner on loan and maybe Dutch player

I suppose a lot depends on champions league qualification

My personal opinion is Doig probably isn't ready to be first choice left back for us and we'd go for someone with more first team experience as a replacement but if the gaffer wants more pace in the team then replacing Hagi with Wilson if we get a good offer could be a good way to go
With replacing Borna I'd rather we kept him for one more season if possibly James Maxwell has had an excellent loan at qots while he won't be ready to make the break through next season if we can get him another loan at a higher level hopefully he can kick on and be ready to break through in a years time

Also - Wilson lacks genuine pace. Which sort of makes
Me think he’s too similar to Hagi.
Wilson doesn't lack pace he is reasonably quick and can glide by past players comfortably and is much better than Hagi imo in every department.

Technically good, has a burst of pace, good passer, very creative, takes up some clever positions, brings a goal threat, decent at set pieces and has a cracking left foot.

Last edited:
1 top midfielder signing needed, supplemented with Harvey Elliot on Loan? Gives us 2 excellent chances to improve our squad and starting XI

If however many leave, then we need to replace however many leave. See us very much in the quality over quantity camp this summer. Despite others best intentions to gut a title winning squad before the poor lads have even had chance to lift the trophy :))

I doubt people on here watch Hibs games so they are saying we should sign him on the back of games against us and maybe some highlights.
They'd have seen Patterson be the only full back of genuine quality last time we played. Good prospect with a lot of raw ingredients that we could certainly turn him into a player, not at £2m+ and certainly not as a back up. Same situation with Hickey

If we're being honest Bassey would be a superstar if he was at Hibs and Doig would still be playing youth football

Could be looking at £3m+ on 2 development projects, a year on loan, a year to bed in. I'm a bit apprehensive on paying big money on anyone we're not using straight away
I wouldn't be averse to signing both Doig and McCann but leave them to develop for another year on loan with their current employers

Done well there, hopefully not dependent on them going up. Barker despite being injury prone at Oxford has got good reviews, same with big Edmondson. No reason why we shouldn't be recouping north of £3m on those 3 to fire into the kitty
I think £3M is pushing it as they know we want rid but I still think we could get a couple of million for the 3 of them.

Unfortunately I think Harry Wilson would be well outside our transfer/wage bracket.
Never rule out the Gerrard effect.

Liverpool every season punt him out on loan similar to Kent.

Comes to a point where he will have to leave and find a club permanently for a few years.

Absolutely no reason especially with a year left on his contract not to have a go for him.

European Football could be a bonus I know it's a long shot but he is the type of player who could take us up another level.

I think he might btw. He will get pre season to try and get a spot. Much rather he got some game time than the likes of zungu. Kelly is so technically gifted. I think he could surprise people.
I've watched Kelly around 5 or 6 times this season, he's always in space always on the move always available for a pass but for me just doesn't have the passing ability or vision, I do hope I'm wrong but just can't see the lad making it at Ibrox.

Never rule out the Gerrard effect.

Liverpool every season punt him out on loan similar to Kent.

Comes to a point where he will have to leave and find a club permanently for a few years.

Absolutely no reason especially with a year left on his contract not to have a go for him.

European Football could be a bonus I know it's a long shot but he is the type of player who could take us up another level.
Part of the reason Wilson is constantly on loan is the fee Liverpool are asking.

Part of the reason Wilson is constantly on loan is the fee Liverpool are asking.
Which they won't get especially with a year left on his contract now.

Perhaps a Kent type deal perhaps or cheeky loan fee and get him on a pre contract in January :D

Given the signing of Sakala, and Ross Wilson’s comments about pace & energy on the deal, I’m expecting that more of that will be a focus of the club in this window.

It was apparent in the EL matches, especially Slavia, that we could be more athletic, powerful, pacy & Wilson’s comment resonated with me.

Of course, we don’t want to give up on quality either, so our purchases are vital in this window, especially with the financial prize of winning 56 next season.

Given the signing of Sakala, and Ross Wilson’s comments about pace & energy on the deal, I’m expecting that more of that will be a focus of the club in this window.

It was apparent in the EL matches, especially Slavia, that we could be more athletic, powerful, pacy & Wilson’s comment resonated with me.

Of course, we don’t want to give up on quality either, so our purchases are vital in this window, especially with the financial prize of winning 56 next season.

Exactly how I seen it as well mate.

Unfortunately I think Harry Wilson would be well outside our transfer/wage bracket.
Same was said about Kent, even though Wilson now has EPL/Championship experience (also moneywise). Methinks, unless Liverpool really want to sell, we might look at a loan and buy option first, and see what comes in from player sales in the summer. After all, a few months to go yet.

Same was said about Kent, even though Wilson now has EPL/Championship experience (also moneywise). Methinks, unless Liverpool really want to sell, we might look at a loan and buy option first, and see what comes in from player sales in the summer. After all, a few months to go yet.
Bit of a difference with Kent IMO. he had a few unsuccessful loan spells at Freiburg and Bristol City. Harry Wilson has done well with Derby and Cardiff.

Same with the Veerman as well especially if PSV were quoted £8.5m for him when they were interested. A loan deal for Wilson might be more realistic but Liverpool will probably want to cash in on him now.

Same with the Veerman as well especially if PSV were quoted £8.5m for him when they were interested. A loan deal for Wilson might be more realistic but Liverpool will probably want to cash in on him now.
I think we could spend that kind of money if the staff thought it was worth it,providing we get good money in the way from player sales of course.
The problem is more the likes of Atalanta in for him who can provide a better lifestyle and quality of league.

I think we could spend that kind of money if the staff thought it was worth it,providing we get good money in the way from player sales of course.
The problem is more the likes of Atalanta in for him who can provide a better lifestyle and quality of league.
I guess it depends whether the investors are prepared to cover the losses again or if player sales will be expected to cover them. From what's been put on here with Veerman he's no interest in leaving Holland but you're right with Atalanta and I'm guessing they will be able to pay higher wages than us. Just don't see him as a realistic option to be honest.

Replacing Borna with Doig would be an unbelievable drop in quality.
It would be a drop in quality but if it resulted in a younger player, who counts as scottish for Europe and we made a significant profit, then maybe. We have to bleed in younger players at some point and when we do it usually hurts quality in the short term.

I guess it depends whether the investors are prepared to cover the losses again or if player sales will be expected to cover them. From what's been put on here with Veerman he's no interest in leaving Holland but you're right with Atalanta and I'm guessing they will be able to pay higher wages than us. Just don't see him as a realistic option to be honest.
I’m sceptical this is a market we are in too, although I’ve no doubt Gerrard would be a major plus for a young midfielder, learn from one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back