Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of players move for mental loan fees, sometimes it’s a way to get around FFP or do a team out of sell on % like Lo Celso of Mbappe.

Others are just mental amounts of money for a loan, but it is standard.

Duvan Zapata (who was pish at this point) joined Atalanta on a £13m loan fee, Morata was at Juve last season on a £10m loan fee and would be another £10m this season but they are choosing to sign him permanently.

Think Higauin has cost about £9m on loan, a couple of times and James Rodriguez also cost about £12m when he was loaned to Bayern.

I agree, mental money.
To give some context, we refused to pay 2 million loan fee for Tammy Abraham at a time when he hadn't really shown anything like his true ability.We signed Joe Garner permanently instead for 1.8. (Less said about that the better).

Chelsea are very much a business regarding loans compared to say,Liverpool when they initially loaned us Ryan Kent.

High hopes of Nigerian-born winger, Bright Osayi-Samuel leaving Fenerbahçe of Turkey and make a return to Great Britain this summer may not materialise after all, as The Canaries have splashed a price tag of four million euro on his transfer value.

Megasportsarena.com reports that Fenerbahçe’s quoted valuation for the former Queens Park Rangers of England star is now turning into a stumbling block in Osayi-Samuel’s aspirations for a summer deal with Glasgow Rangers of Scotland.

The former Super Eagles’ invitee would cherish a move to join Leon Aderemi Balogun and Joe Aribo at Ibrox Stadium, but that target now appears beclouded, despite both clubs having opened a line of communication over a possible signing of the dazzler.

This is sequel to a report by Turkish sports channel, Aspor indicating that the positions of both clubs in terms of the transfer fee are poles apart, as the Scottish champions have offered 3m euro for the winger, but their offer was rejected by Fenerbahçe, because they want 4m euro.

It is now left to be seen if a deal would be agreed between them both for Osayi-Samuel, who was heavily courted by SS Lazio of Italy and Glasgow Rangers in the winter transfer market but opted to join The Yellow Canaries.

Ironically, though, another angle to the story indicates that The Canaries are also planning to offload him to bolster their summer transfer kitty but, while the 23-year-old forward is willing to join Balogun and Aribo at The Light Blues.

His enthusiasm, though, has been befuddled by the realization that Fernebahce are looking for a huge profit on the lad, who made 19 appearances for the Istanbul-based side, with one goal and an assist to show in the past season, but he is still under contract for four more seasons

https://megasportsarena.com/osayi-samuel-saddled-with-four-million-euro-price-tag-at-fernebahce/

If that Turkish report, is true, which is seriously doubt given they’ve a worse rep than the media here, then us going up an extra million euro shouldn’t be an issue

High hopes of Nigerian-born winger, Bright Osayi-Samuel leaving Fenerbahçe of Turkey and make a return to Great Britain this summer may not materialise after all, as The Canaries have splashed a price tag of four million euro on his transfer value.

Megasportsarena.com reports that Fenerbahçe’s quoted valuation for the former Queens Park Rangers of England star is now turning into a stumbling block in Osayi-Samuel’s aspirations for a summer deal with Glasgow Rangers of Scotland.

The former Super Eagles’ invitee would cherish a move to join Leon Aderemi Balogun and Joe Aribo at Ibrox Stadium, but that target now appears beclouded, despite both clubs having opened a line of communication over a possible signing of the dazzler.

This is sequel to a report by Turkish sports channel, Aspor indicating that the positions of both clubs in terms of the transfer fee are poles apart, as the Scottish champions have offered 3m euro for the winger, but their offer was rejected by Fenerbahçe, because they want 4m euro.

It is now left to be seen if a deal would be agreed between them both for Osayi-Samuel, who was heavily courted by SS Lazio of Italy and Glasgow Rangers in the winter transfer market but opted to join The Yellow Canaries.

Ironically, though, another angle to the story indicates that The Canaries are also planning to offload him to bolster their summer transfer kitty but, while the 23-year-old forward is willing to join Balogun and Aribo at The Light Blues.

His enthusiasm, though, has been befuddled by the realization that Fernebahce are looking for a huge profit on the lad, who made 19 appearances for the Istanbul-based side, with one goal and an assist to show in the past season, but he is still under contract for four more seasons

https://megasportsarena.com/osayi-samuel-saddled-with-four-million-euro-price-tag-at-fernebahce/
Still think €4 million is a decent price for him but if we are offering €3 million we aren't poles apart

Last edited:
What I don't get is if we wanted him we would have tried to get him in January, fair enough he could have still rejected us and went to Turkey but then going back in for him completely goes against Gerrard's mantra of wanting players who want to be here.

As far as I am aware, we have not spent a single penny (wages apart) so far this summer, and usually have paid some 10m in transfer fees each season. As Osayi-Samuel is contracted to them till 2025, it is just natural that they want a fee for him now and in that region. Maybe the lad will look more carefully at his agent`s dealings next time around.

What I don't get is if we wanted him we would have tried to get him in January, fair enough he could have still rejected us and went to Turkey but then going back in for him completely goes against Gerrard's mantra of wanting players who want to be here.
I think we did try and get him in January for whatever reason he went to Fenerbahçe it was a strange move but clearly he's unsettled and wants a move back to Britain.

Remember we went after Roofe a year before we finally got him and that was after his move to Anderlecht.

So I would think Osayi-Samuel has been on the radar for some time.

Last edited:
Maybe his agent giving him terrible advice and probably the Turks were offering him more money

I trust those people running the club.

I do hope however, we are doing all we cN to get our targets in the door quickly.

What a place in the Champions Legaue Group stages could do for us.... we need to give ourselves the very best opportunity of getting there. That would include a couple of new recruits with as much training ground and friendly experience as possible.

I believe we start back this coming week? Can anyone confirm?

I think we did try and get him in January for whatever reason he went to Fenerbahçe it was a strange move but clearly he's unsettled and wants a move back to Britain.

Remember we went after Roofe a year before we finally got him and that was after his move to Anderlecht.

So I found think Osayi-Samuel has been on the radar for some time.
I imagine the transfer fee was what stopped us getting Roofe the first time though.

I mean there is every chance Gerrard just sees it as a young guy making a mistake and being ill advised by his agent and will forget about him choosing Turkey instead, it still stings us £3/4m instead of £500k though.

Reality is after a couple of good seasons Osayi-Samuel goes for 4 or 5 times that.

If that report is accurate I would fancy us to get it over the line

I trust those people running the club.

I do hope however, we are doing all we cN to get our targets in the door quickly.

What a place in the Champions Legaue Group stages could do for us.... we need to give ourselves the very best opportunity of getting there. That would include a couple of new recruits with as much training ground and friendly experience as possible.

I believe we start back this coming week? Can anyone confirm?
We need 3/4 quality additions that much is clear especially if we want to give ourselves a chance at making the CL.

No Balogun, Kamara, Roofe for the qualifiers is a massive blow for us. Kamara and Roofe would have been starters for us.

celtic signed someone from Chelsea on loan a few seasons ago. Musonda I think his name was.
They did. He was considered one of their top talents at the time.

He signed an 18 month loan deal with Celtic but they rarely played him. Chelsea terminated the loan after only 6 months due to his lack of playing time up here.

To give some context, we refused to pay 2 million loan fee for Tammy Abraham at a time when he hadn't really shown anything like his true ability.We signed Joe Garner permanently instead for 1.8. (Less said about that the better).

Chelsea are very much a business regarding loans compared to say,Liverpool when they initially loaned us Ryan Kent.

Dang, I hadn't heard that we were linked with Tammy Abraham at the time. Probably the right decision at that point mind you.

I got a bit carried away admittedly when we were briefly linked with Mason Mount before Lampard took the Derby job. I have no idea if there was any truth in the rumours but still; it would have been freaking awesome.

Am I the only one who would like to think we are past the stage of requiring to develop other teams players? Especially having to pay for the privilege. Short term gains doesn't seem the Ross Wilson model.

Unless it's a loan with an option to buy then I dont think we should go down this path.

We need players who can develop and get the financial gain when we sell IMO

Osayi-Samuel has been playing regularly by the look of things (19 games) but his return is poor (1 goal, 1 assist). Maybe he's unsettled, maybe his team are just shite but I don't see us paying 4 million Euros for someone with that record that we could, conceivably, have acquired for a fraction of that cost in January. All the moreso if the package we offered was on a par with the Turkish one and he knocked us back in favour of them.

Am I the only one who would like to think we are past the stage of requiring to develop other teams players? Especially having to pay for the privilege. Short term gains doesn't seem the Ross Wilson model.

Unless it's a loan with an option to buy then I dont think we should go down this path.

We need players who can develop and get the financial gain when we sell IMO
If the player we are getting on loan is an option that we wouldn't be able to afford and is much better than we have then I say we should if we don't get loans then we wouldn't have Kent and we would have persisted with Middleton or the likes

If the player we are getting on loan is an option that we wouldn't be able to afford and is much better than we have then I say we should if we don't get loans then we wouldn't have Kent and we would have persisted with Middleton or the likes
I hope its more refined that that. Getting a loanee in with an option to eventually purchase is a worthwhile and viable move. I'm not so sure about getting someone in whom everybody knows is outwith our price range and will be moving on in 6/12 months can be viewed in the same way.

I'm sure, when we loaned Kent in, we thought we could get him for significantly less than the eventual fee agreed. However, by that stage, we knew he was made of the 'right stuff' and went above and beyond to get him in. That wouldn't be the case with, for example, Gilmour.

But this just delays the problem. It doesn't fix it. If the position isn't good enough then we need to find solutions to this. Short term gains aren't a good model.

As said, if loans with options to buy then all over it. It makes sense as we get to test players before spending the cash.

Plugging gaps, with a loan with no option , doesn't make sense to me UNLESS we are desperate with injury crisis etc.

I don’t understand why we would be interested in Osayi-Samuel?

He is another Number 10 where we are already stacked with Kent, Roofe, Hagi, Aribo and Wright whilst Itten and Arfield can also play there.

I appreciate player may be sold but there does seem to be other areas of the pitch which are of greater priority.

Well, maybe SG can pull another Kent-stunt out of his pocket and draw Harry Wilson to Ibrox on a loan+buy deal. Cardiff paid a 1.7m loan-fee for him last season, his contract runs till 2023. I reckon there might be EPL teams willing to splash 10+m on him, but one never knows. He would be a right-winger of CL quality (at our level) ... and should we manage the group phase, we might very well be able to afford him next season.

(NB: I want at least 4 pages of discussion on this :p ;) :cool: )

celtic signed someone from Chelsea on loan a few seasons ago. Musonda I think his name was.
Might be wrong here but I don't think he was involved within the first team or played first team games like Gilmour has?

If Gilmour goes on loan anywhere it will be to a club in the EPL there's not a chance Chelsea are sending him up here to play.

If we got the rumoured 10m for Hagi and spent 3-4 on Osayi-Samuel that would be great business imo.

Gerrard wants to add more pace and power to the side which is what we need to get to the next level in Europe imo.

I don’t understand why we would be interested in Osayi-Samuel?

He is another Number 10 where we are already stacked with Kent, Roofe, Hagi, Aribo and Wright whilst Itten and Arfield can also play there.

I appreciate player may be sold but there does seem to be other areas of the pitch which are of greater priority.
Because we don't have pace in that right hand side of the team and at times we haven't had one player who has nailed down the slot and I think it's clear we will bring in another number 10 the links with Osayi-Samuel and the early pursuit of Zinedine Ferhat suggests that apparently he turned us down.

Just because we are stacked with options doesn't mean we can't upgrade and bring in better players there seems to be a reluctance to enhance the squad going by some comments on here.

For me if the opportunity arises to bring in better players to enhance the team/squad then we must take it no matter the position there is a massive CL qualifying campaign on the horizon and we have an incredible chance of burying that mob next season bring in 3/4 quality options gives us that chance.

Also I think it's clear certain parts of the squad weren't at it's strongest last season and Gerrard will want a few areas strengthened further.

Last edited:
Might be wrong here but I don't think he was involved within the first team or played first team games like Gilmour has?

If Gilmour goes on loan anywhere it will be to a club in the EPL there's not a chance Chelsea are sending him up here to play.
Played a couple of league cup and fa cup matches. And few sub appearances. Nothing like billy. If you draw out my posts at the time I suggested huge level of over hype without any basis. On billy I believe the Chelsea model would be for championship. Tammy, tomori, mason. The ones they want to put in shop window are prem - Ruben, drinkwater, Barkley, batschuyi etc

Desperate stuff - there are hundreds of players more likely to come to Rangers - move on with your life -

Some on here are like a jilted ex begging to be friends with BG - he’s gone.
Quick enough to come on and call my post desperate.. Yet when I give you the link backing up exactly what I said.... No reply. Funny that.

If we got the rumoured 10m for Hagi and spent 3-4 on Osayi-Samuel that would be great business imo.

Gerrard wants to add more pace and power to the side which is what we need to get to the next level in Europe imo.
Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying,I have doubts Osayi-Samuel is the right replacement.

In fairness I haven't watched a lot of him in the championship compared to others but by the sounds of it he's struggling badly in Turkey.

3-4 million if correct sounds like a big gamble unless it's a loan to buy option which for me,negates the risk involved.

Loan to buy is tremendous in general imo.

Fwiw after his recent performances in Champions league and internationally I think Chelsea might change their mind on loaning him out in the first place.

£10m for Hagi? No chance we would accept that. 15 assists and 8 goals and not starting most games. Replace him with a guy who has done nothing compared to Hagi in Europe and internationally?

Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying,I have doubts Osayi-Samuel is the right replacement.

In fairness I haven't watched a lot of him in the championship compared to others but by the sounds of it he's struggling badly in Turkey.

3-4 million if correct sounds like a big gamble unless it's a loan to buy option which for me,negates the risk involved.

Loan to buy is tremendous in general imo.

Yep. Loan to buy would be a great option. We've been watching this guy for a while though and he's already proven himself in The Championship which is a similar type of league to the SPFL in terms of the physicality of it etc. There's not really many worries that he wouldn't adapt to our league which you could have over a foreign import.

£10m for Hagi? No chance we would accept that. 15 assists and 8 goals and not starting most games. Replace him with a guy who has done nothing compared to Hagi in Europe and internationally?
Thats a 150% return on investment so I think we would definitely accept it. People on here are getting really carried away with some valuations on our players.

I hope its more refined that that. Getting a loanee in with an option to eventually purchase is a worthwhile and viable move. I'm not so sure about getting someone in whom everybody knows is outwith our price range and will be moving on in 6/12 months can be viewed in the same way.

I'm sure, when we loaned Kent in, we thought we could get him for significantly less than the eventual fee agreed. However, by that stage, we knew he was made of the 'right stuff' and went above and beyond to get him in. That wouldn't be the case with, for example, Gilmour.

If we paid a 2 million loan fee for Gilmour and he was influential in us winning the title, ergo unlocking the riches of the following season's Champions League, then the deal would make total sense. On the other hand, maybe he comes up here and for whatever stinks the place out, ala Duffy. It's a calculated risk.

Thats a 150% return on investment so I think we would definitely accept it. People on here are getting really carried away with some valuations on our players.
He's worth more than £10 million but not quite Scottish transfer record material £15 million would probably seal a deal for him

Hagi offers both footballing ability and likely a dream for our marketing department. Id give him another year before we consider selling... providing he wants to stay!

150% return on investment isn't a marker id apply in all cases. Especially Morelos and Kamara

Well, maybe SG can pull another Kent-stunt out of his pocket and draw Harry Wilson to Ibrox on a loan+buy deal. Cardiff paid a 1.7m loan-fee for him last season, his contract runs till 2023. I reckon there might be EPL teams willing to splash 10+m on him, but one never knows. He would be a right-winger of CL quality (at our level) ... and should we manage the group phase, we might very well be able to afford him next season.

(NB: I want at least 4 pages of discussion on this :p ;) :cool: )
I hope not, he's certainly not worth the reputed 10 million. Any time I've seen him he's flattered to deceive,is he really CL quality, I'm certain there must be better on the continent.

But this just delays the problem. It doesn't fix it. If the position isn't good enough then we need to find solutions to this. Short term gains aren't a good model.

As said, if loans with options to buy then all over it. It makes sense as we get to test players before spending the cash.

Plugging gaps, with a loan with no option , doesn't make sense to me UNLESS we are desperate with injury crisis etc.
If absolutely does make sense if the loan player helps us win the league this year and guarantee is Champions League group stage income next year. The right player on loan is worth a significant loan fee this coming season.

Probably because he adds something different to all then players bar Kent.

Nonsense. The boy clearly has ambition and is going to the very top but to suggest he couldn’t wait to leave us, we’ll it’s just a lie you’ve made up in your head for some reason.
To be fair he did leave when he was 16 and had never once played for our first team.

If he wasn't desperate to move then he could have stayed (at least for a couple of years)

His choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back